Hello All,

I just switched from verizon to T-mobile and got the curve with the bb data plan for $19.99.

Now I have a question that no Rep seems to know the answer and maybe you guys can help if you have a curve or similiar phone and AIM.

My question is when I use the aim app that comes with my curve is it free because its just data usage and I have the data plan?

OR

Am I being charged for the AIM messages individually?

I've recieved the phone on Monday morning and been having the worst customer experiences with T-Mobile...... Is it possible to have them waive my activation for both lines I activited?

Any help will be greatly apprecieted....

Oh another thing; they dont see any text messages usage on my account. THey said that maybe because it hasnt updated, but they'll give me a call tomorrow to talk about it again.

Thanks
    Eddie
    10-31-07 08:16 PM
    From what I remember, and I may be wrong about this, but if you use the preinstalled instant messenger program, Oz, your IMs should be being counted as text messages. Hope this helps.
    10-31-07 09:18 PM
    No, any instant messengers such as yahoo, aim, msn is considered TEXT messages and you will be charged unless u have a "text message" plan. The 19.99 plan is only for unlimited data and email, i.e web-browsing and email. HTH
    10-31-07 11:00 PM
    No, any instant messengers such as yahoo, aim, msn is considered TEXT messages and you will be charged unless u have a "text message" plan. The 19.99 plan is only for unlimited data and email, i.e web-browsing and email. HTH
    Yes. What she said.
    11-01-07 03:24 PM
    You are all right for older BB's on T-Mobile, but the new Curve 8320 from T-Mobile comes pre-installed with the native IM clients which use data.
    11-01-07 03:31 PM
    You are all right for older BB's on T-Mobile, but the new Curve 8320 from T-Mobile comes pre-installed with the native IM clients which use data.
    That's right! Otherwise, I would have been charged with 2000 text already with my MSN It's data baby, all data.
    11-01-07 04:42 PM
    Does anyone know if T-mobile and or Blackberry will release some kind of update so you can use the IM programs like yahoo, aim, google talk and things such as the Blackberry gmail email applications without having an internet data plan on your phone? One of the reasons I got the curve is because it has wifi so I hoped I could use all the internet goodies without a data plan. Seems like it wouldn't be that big of a deal for them to add it seeing as how you can use the browser in wifi mode. I'm already paying for the UMA service and I don't want to keep tacking extra costs to my bill.
    11-04-07 07:28 PM
    ^In theory you should be able to use the IM clients over your wifi since they run over data.
    12-03-07 12:01 AM
    I have the answer. If You use the pre installed aim, yahoo, windows messenger etc. when you im or get replies back from buddies, they count as one text message each, 1 going out, 1 coming in. Solution to your problem? get jivetalk, trust me i use it and am loving it. Google jivetalk.
    12-11-07 12:11 AM
    I have the answer. If You use the pre installed aim, yahoo, windows messenger etc. when you im or get replies back from buddies, they count as one text message each, 1 going out, 1 coming in. Solution to your problem? get jivetalk, trust me i use it and am loving it. Google jivetalk.
    A couple years ago when I first got my Blackberry 8700 is was pre-installed with OZ IM yahoo, aol, icq etc... I was told that each message sent and rec was considered 1 text message. I then turned to JiveTalk or BeeJive to use Yahoo since it went over data.

Today I was bored and decided to download Yahoo IM on my Curve (deleted it when I first got the Curve). I was able to send and rec messages. I was a little confused because I blocked my text messages. I have no text messaging plan so I thought maybe T-Mobile will charge me for my sent but since I have texts blocked I shouldn't be rec them.

I called customer service and they put me on hold to double check. They said I am free to IM with NO additional charges!!! They will notate my account regarding this topic. So long BeeJive... you were spotty to say the least.
    11-09-08 06:45 PM
    I thought it was through the data plan, but I also have unlimited text messaging so I never really checked.
    11-09-08 10:36 PM
    From what I was told today it is thru the data plan. I also read a reply on this site saying that the pearl and curves were different? Again, back then I was on the 8700. Maybe things changed now.
    11-09-08 10:45 PM
    A question for you IM users. I'm trying to get WML working on my 8100 running 4.5.0.81. On tmobile. Anyone have luck getting it to work? I installed the program from BB. I searched and it seems that all I need to do is install some service books. Does that sound right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD