I've been with Verizon for years now and bout to switch to sprint due to cheaper prices.
    now what I'm wondering is if sprint allows me to exchange a defective phone within 90 days just like Verizon?
    i know dumb question but i don't want to end up unhappy with my purchase like i was when i bought my blackberry tour (which i exchanged about 4 times now :/)
    and sorry if this was asked before i personally did not find what i was looking for when i searched the forums.
    04-18-10 09:11 PM
    Sprint phones have a 1 year manufactures warranty against defects.

Also there is a 30 day money back guarantee.
    04-18-10 09:52 PM
    If something goes wrong with the phone that isn't your fault, they will usually replace it inside of your contract (without insurance for me). You can change to a different device in the first thirty days, al you have to pay is the new device and a restocking fee unless your other phone was broken. Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 10:24 PM
    alright thanks everyone for your help
    04-18-10 10:37 PM
    I've been with Verizon for years now and bout to switch to sprint due to cheaper prices.
    now what I'm wondering is if sprint allows me to exchange a defective phone within 90 days just like Verizon?
    i know dumb question but i don't want to end up unhappy with my purchase like i was when i bought my blackberry tour (which i exchanged about 4 times now :/)
    and sorry if this was asked before i personally did not find what i was looking for when i searched the forums.
    If the device is defective, yes, they'll replace it. I had a sub-LCD fail on a device 3 weeks before the end of my previous contract, I was sent a replacement (refurb) that still works 2 years later. My wife's was also replaced a week later, and that one is still being used, as a Pay-it-forward gift to a member that needed a phone.

04-18-10 10:40 PM
    How much is the restocking fee?

04-19-10 02:14 AM
    I don't know about exchange for a different model, I believe you can only do that for 30 days. But their replacement program is great. I have 4 Blackberrys (2 9630, and 2 8330) on my account, all purchased Summer 2009. Went to the Sprint Store this weekend to pay my bill asked the guy there (we were only ones in the store) if you had to pay $100 for the TEP for trackball issues with the Tours, he said know since they were less than a year, and is getting us new replacements. I then asked about my son's 8330 cause the trackball stopped working (replacing trackball didn't fix) in December and it doesn't have TEP and he said its under warranty and ordered a new one of those too. So I should have three new replacement Blackberry coming in either today or tomorrow and no money out of pocket.

Now I'm a premiere customer and have been with them since 2002, but I have always gotten great service from Sprint.
    04-19-10 08:37 AM
    I believe the restocking fee isn't any more than 30? Not totally sure. And the exchange/return is for thirty days after you bought your phone. I think if you are having lots of trouble with one model of phone they would let you exchange it for a different model, never experienced this but I am pretty sure they would if there are nice people working in your store.

04-19-10 04:29 PM
    I've never paid a re stocking fee. Also if you switch devices within 30 days they'll waive the activation fee.

Sprint is also cool about giving you time to pay a past due bill without shutting off your phone.

There CS has really improved over the last year if you didn't know who you called you would think its Verizon's CS
    04-19-10 05:14 PM
    If you have the insurance then its $50 for anyother phone but $100 for BB's and the replacement more likely than not is going to be a refurbished phone.
    like everyone said within the first 30 days free replacement though
    04-21-10 11:26 PM
    Thank you everyone,
    verizon would allow me to swap my phone for a different phone within 90 days if i had it replaced 3x. does anyone know if sprint has the same policy?
    04-22-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD