Just recieved an update to my software to 4.6.0.303 from 4.6.0.282

I am on Rogers.

Anyone else get this?
    11-20-09 12:14 PM
    ya got it at 11:19
    11-20-09 12:21 PM
    where would this update show up?
    11-20-09 12:25 PM
    You can get emails from rim when new updates show up for your carrier. But open your BBDM and click update
    11-20-09 12:25 PM
    Anbody notice any changes? Mine seems faster.
    11-20-09 12:27 PM
    can they be done ota?
    11-20-09 01:07 PM
    I got it at 8:22am PST. Anyone notice anything different? I've updated and can't seem to notice much change.
    11-20-09 04:15 PM
    I'm updating now (got the email message earlier).
    I wasn't intending on doing it through DM. After I had my BB auto synchronize, the auto-update blinked a message that there were updates (and not the usual core updates with nothing).
    11-20-09 08:02 PM
    I am running .304 non rogers OS and i like it.
    11-20-09 10:01 PM
    I'd just upgraded my Bold and as many of you have said, there are no visible improvements, not in speed nor memory management, I get the same 25,5 mb after a battery pull. I have Ubertwitter, Facebook, Scoremobile, Quickpull, Google Maps, Speedtest, Windows MSN and a couple of themes

How much free space do you guys have? I think for me it's a little low...
    11-21-09 02:32 AM
    Still nothing from Rogers...

jinko, i'm at 14mb after a battery pull. whats really disheartening is that this 14mb disappears SO FAST. if i use the internet browser or something, it just starts shrinking and doesn't stop... Is there anything I can do about this? I'm under the belief that application memory (which is the 14mb) cannot be altered even if i get a memory card.
    11-21-09 02:36 AM
    oh. and i forgot to mention that I don't have that many apps installed either! I have epocrates, gmail, and google maps as my primary ones. everything else I installed, I removed shortly afterwards to try an save space. Unfortunately, these apps were never fully "removed" as I still have their "archives" in my Downloads Folder and I don't know how to get rid of these.
    11-21-09 02:37 AM
    oh. and i forgot to mention that I don't have that many apps installed either! I have epocrates, gmail, and google maps as my primary ones. everything else I installed, I removed shortly afterwards to try an save space. Unfortunately, these apps were never fully "removed" as I still have their "archives" in my Downloads Folder and I don't know how to get rid of these.
    The archives can be removed in app world. Or i think you should be able to press the BB key and select delete?
    11-21-09 02:10 PM
    I'd just upgraded my Bold and as many of you have said, there are no visible improvements, not in speed nor memory management, I get the same 25,5 mb after a battery pull. I have Ubertwitter, Facebook, Scoremobile, Quickpull, Google Maps, Speedtest, Windows MSN and a couple of themes

How much free space do you guys have? I think for me it's a little low...
    I seem to be getting an issue where my system does not remember the settings i set. So everytime i do a battery pull the TCP settings are gone and the owner settings are gone etc etc
    11-21-09 02:12 PM
    Install seemed to go okay. I also found the Facebook ap also updated as well.

Weird bits after the install:
    - My BlackBerry Wallet ap apparently had issues after the install (warning message saying 1 out of 10 entries could be restored), but everything seemed to be there when I went into the ap.
    - The gmail plugin popped up as a running ap, and now when I'm on my BIS page I see the option for synchronization
    - I'm no longer getting the request for the 4.6 core updates when plugged into DM
    - This morning when my computer ran, my DM said there was a minor update. I'm not sure if anyone else got this as well or if this was related to the OS update.
    11-21-09 03:25 PM
    anyone got a dl link for the 5...348?
    11-21-09 03:38 PM
    anyone got a dl link for the 5...348?
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    11-21-09 03:54 PM
    I just got home and recieved a nice surprise. I checked my memory status at 9pm and I have 30,5 mb of free space, very nice after a full day of heavy use. I did my scheudle battry pull at 4am and since then I've been using a lot my Bold. Ran google map for like half an hour, been downloading attachements from mails, using bbm and ubertwitter a lot.
    I guess this have something to do with the new OS... Nice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 09:05 PM
    the major changes and overhauls start showing up in the leaked 5.0 OSs.....

if you are always on 3G, i'd recommend 5.0.0.348. but do not use it if you use data with EDGE. its a leaked beta, so it isn't perfect.

but the benefits are great:
    - better battery life
    - MUCH faster boot-up time
    - revamped music player
    - tad bit more free memory

thats IF you want to see some major changes from the 4.6.0.xxx series...
    How does the battery life of a bold 9000 with OS 5.0 compare to the Bold 9700?

11-22-09 03:25 PM
    Cool I'm updating now> I have no complaint with my bold besides the slow browser...
    11-22-09 05:16 PM
    You can get emails from rim when new updates show up for your carrier. But open your BBDM and click update

i found the BBDM but when i click on it i get this... i dont know why this comes up? how do i delete this so that i can update my BOLD?

Last edited by petahsumething; 11-24-09 at 08:36 PM.
    11-24-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD