Hey,

I am trying to upgrade my Storm to the Curve 2 on the VZW website. I know I have an upgrade available on one of the account in my Family plan, because I was in the store today and had the representative check on it for me. He said the upgrade was transferrable to my line.

Ok, so I was trying to upgrade online, but when I click upgrade, I get an error message that says something about paying the balance of my bill, but I have paid my bill, and have a zero dollar balance. Anyone know what is up?

Thanks.
    03-07-10 05:37 PM
    Here is the exact error message,

Please pay your past due amount before proceeding with your upgrade order. To process your upgrade today, please make your payment online, then contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for assistance with your upgrade order. Otherwise, you will be able to process your upgrade order online after 24 hours of receipt of your payment.

I tried calling the customer support line, but all I get is billing information.
    03-07-10 05:42 PM
    Well, based on that error, it is reporting you have an outstanding balance on the account. Check your bill online or dial #BAL on your handset to see what is up.
    03-07-10 05:47 PM
    I dialed that #BAL, and it says my balance is zero dollars.
    03-07-10 05:49 PM
    I called tech support, and I guess I just have to wait 24 hours. I will try tomorrow.
    03-07-10 05:59 PM
    I called tech support, and I guess I just have to wait 24 hours. I will try tomorrow.
    Could be a system error. I'd wait it out. If it does not go through, just call in and ask them to match online pricing
    03-07-10 06:13 PM
    Here is the exact error message,

Please pay your past due amount before proceeding with your upgrade order. To process your upgrade today, please make your payment online, then contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for assistance with your upgrade order. Otherwise, you will be able to process your upgrade order online after 24 hours of receipt of your payment.

I tried calling the customer support line, but all I get is billing information.
    Do you have Qwest consolidated billing?
    03-07-10 06:25 PM
    Well, based on that error, it is reporting you have an outstanding balance on the account. Check your bill online or dial #BAL on your handset to see what is up.
    Or if there is another account with a past due balance associated with your social security number. I learned that the hard way.
    03-07-10 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD