So I logged in to my account today and there's a new offer for $300 off the iPhone in addition to the offer of $200 off a new data device. I wonder if the iPhone isn't selling well on Telus or if they're finally starting to realize that they need to give existing customers more incentive to upgrade.

I'm hoping they're starting to become a bit more flexible. $399 is still too expensive for me, but for those who were hoping to upgrade at a bit cheaper of a price and can't get the new 3 yr contract price might be interested in this offer.
    11-14-09 05:27 PM
    So I logged in to my account today and there's a new offer for $300 off the iPhone in addition to the offer of $200 off a new data device. I wonder if the iPhone isn't selling well on Telus or if they're finally starting to realize that they need to give existing customers more incentive to upgrade.

I'm hoping they're starting to become a bit more flexible. $399 is still too expensive for me, but for those who were hoping to upgrade at a bit cheaper of a price and can't get the new 3 yr contract price might be interested in this offer.
    Just wondering how far into you're current plan you are? Wanna see what may be possible to me.
    11-14-09 06:19 PM
    yea i just checked my account and its loaded up with offers. I'm about a year and a half into my 3 year term.
    11-14-09 06:21 PM
    Just wondering how far into you're current plan you are? Wanna see what may be possible to me.
    I have 15 months left on my 3 year contract
    11-14-09 06:23 PM
    Holy crap. 3 days ago my mom had one offer of $150 off a data device. This is what I have today:

3 Year Service Agreement
    Offer Expires: February 11, 2010
    $200 Discount on a Data Device (*Subject to minimum data & voice plan requirements.)
    $150 Discount on a Phone or Data Device
    $300 Discount on an Apple iPhone (*Subject to minimum data & voice plan requirements.)

Month to Month
    Offer Expires: February 11, 2010
    Samsung U430 for $99.99
    BlackBerry Curve 8330 for $249.99

I just wish my damn bold would get here. The people at the store were amazing and tried everything to help but customer care was horrid. Once nice fellow in L&R gave me $60 x 4 months to basically give me the phone for free
    11-14-09 07:34 PM
    Yup, checked my account and I pretty much have the same offers. Only difference is that mine expire in December '09.

However, as good as the offers may be, the new rate plans just aren't worth it. I have $30 my5 nationwide with $15 unlimited data. Switching just doesnt make sense right now. Plus with all the posts of Telus not budging on any perks, where is the incentive?

Still have 1 yr left on my contract with 8330. No plans on changing over anytime soon, unless they make some changes.
    11-14-09 09:32 PM
    My offer expires next week. I wonder if they'll give me any new offers at that point...
    11-14-09 10:03 PM
    Bah....I under a year into my contract - one year in Jan)....No offers. Not really suprised...then again, I'm not really interested in upgrading my device (for a change. lol)
    11-18-09 03:06 PM
    Im 10 months into a 3 year contract and i have 3 offers to upgrade:

offer 1 for a 150 off a smart phone

offer 2 for 200 off a smart phone

offer 3 for 300 off an iphone

lol i dont know why i have 3 offers but its all good!
    11-18-09 03:27 PM
    Im 10 months into a 3 year contract and i have 3 offers to upgrade:

offer 1 for a 150 off a smart phone

offer 2 for 200 off a smart phone

offer 3 for 300 off an iphone

lol i dont know why i have 3 offers but its all good!
    wow you're lucky. I didn't get an offer on my account until I was 16 months into my 3 year contract. 15 months to go for me. I'm surprised that being on 10 months into your contract you've got those offers already.
    11-18-09 04:55 PM
    wow you're lucky. I didn't get an offer on my account until I was 16 months into my 3 year contract. 15 months to go for me. I'm surprised that being on 10 months into your contract you've got those offers already.
    hahahaha well im just lucky i guess i have upgraded 8 times sence 2007, ya just need to know how to work telus that all lol but the 3 current offers tho came out of now were
    11-18-09 05:02 PM
    hahahaha well im just lucky i guess i have upgraded 8 times sence 2007, ya just need to know how to work telus that all lol but the 3 current offers tho came out of now were
    I wish I knew how to work them that well! I usually end up backing down for some reason :/ My current offers expire on Sunday so I'll have to wait and see if there's anything new on Monday
    11-18-09 05:07 PM
    I wish I knew how to work them that well! I usually end up backing down for some reason :/ My current offers expire on Sunday so I'll have to wait and see if there's anything new on Monday
    ya you can get them offers extened lol even when they say no to me ill give it a few weeks and than they give in lol not right away all the time but they all ways give in hahahaha and i always get what i want but one thing tho when ya flip out at them it may get you want you want but usualy just be nice to them and it may take a few trys but it always works for me. sometimes ya got to lay on the charm to hahahaha
    11-18-09 05:21 PM
    I am hoping the Storm 9530 month to month price drops to about $299. Its gotta drop with the Storm 2 9550 out now on Telus.
    11-19-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD