Hello everyone, i just got a 8900 and have a few questions.

Im on an iPhone 3G AT&T data plan, i put my sim in the 8900 and sure i just have edge and that's cool but will AT&T get mad at me? Will they try to switch my plan?

I set up wifi at my home so i can browse on line fast, but some app's like gmail will only use edge, can i change that?

I notice i cant use any of the BB functions and that's OK too, but i also see i cant use facebook or AIM (The black Berry APPS)
    Last edited by mrmars; 03-04-10 at 11:53 PM.
    03-04-10 09:45 PM
    seem you're not registered to the Blackberry internet Service. Just try to set up an email acount in the ''email setting'', send your service book(options, advanced options, host routing table, hit the BB menu button, register now). After all that do a battery pull, wait for reboot and retry.
    03-04-10 09:50 PM
    seem you're not registered to the Blackberry internet Service. Just try to set up an email acount in the ''email setting'', send your service book(options, advanced options, host routing table, hit the BB menu button, register now). After all that do a battery pull, wait for reboot and retry.
    Wont this cause me issues with my iphone data plan? I still have an iphone and dont want to use my BB 24/7 Just as a second phone when i need a rest from the iphone
    03-04-10 11:36 PM
    I know AT&T has been sending own texts and emails if you are using a device with the incorrect data plan. I have experienced this first hand while I had a BB data plan using an iPhone. I'm pretty sure they have the same in place the other way around. I think it's stupid, but they want to make sure you have the correct data for the phone you are using. And then they try to scare you by saying, "Please contact customer service to have the correct data feature added to your account OR you may incurr extra usage charges on your account".
    03-05-10 12:48 PM
    IIRC, your BB services won't work without you having the BB Data plan. You need to change it. This is gonna be a hassle for you to switch back and forth between the two. Especially since every time you change, you'll lose all your voicemails and have to reset a few things.
    03-05-10 01:40 PM
    since i set up 5.0 on the phone visual voice mail works on the BB same as it did on the iphone, ill see what happens for now
    03-05-10 02:02 PM
    You wont have access to anything on BIS. Push email and certain apps go through RIM servers, some apps dont.
    03-05-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD