A rep at a store near me hinted at the same thing last week. She said that she knew they were testing the storm, but not sure on a release. I have not been able to get any info on the tour from any people in the company I have talked to.
    Could the be the rumored "Atlas"...(doubt it)

BlackBerry 9550 is the Storm 2? : Boy Genius Report

hopefully they are testing the latest hardware if so......
    Last edited by Chaser1337; 07-13-09 at 09:50 AM.
    07-12-09 11:36 AM
    That link shows that the Storm 2 will accomodate both GMS and CDMA, who knows??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 09:33 PM
    Well, CDMA for Verizon i would suspect
    07-14-09 12:22 AM
    I went into my local CS store today and guess what, they tried to push the Motorola Hint and Evoke, then the Samsung Finesse, and told me they were excited about the HTC Touch Pro, it was going to be a great product. I was ready to leave at that point.
    07-15-09 10:51 PM
    Ok, my bad, they announced the Tour as coming soon on facebook, see the forum
    07-16-09 09:25 PM
    The blackberry tour coming to cellular south. and i just upgraded! But still within my 14 days! Taking this back and waiting on tour!
    07-17-09 12:39 PM
    Well looks like we're all getting what we wanted. FINALLY. Let's don't let this thread die out bc their always coming out with new stuff.

Cajun what BlackBerry you got now?

07-17-09 03:55 PM
    Yea next we will want the Onyx or equivalent lol
    07-17-09 04:16 PM
    Well looks like we're all getting what we wanted. FINALLY. Let's don't let this thread die out bc their always coming out with new stuff.

Cajun what BlackBerry you got now?

Do we have any idea on a release date? I've been pushing back my upgrade for 3 months now awaiting new phones, and was about ready to say screw it and get a new curve.
    07-19-09 11:20 PM
    Finally Csouth is doing something right and not waiting to bring us the latest in phones.... Hopefully this is a trend that they will continue.
    07-19-09 11:58 PM
    Xnxax, no release date yet.. Many people have asked on their facebook page though. I check it a couple of times daily and I will post as soon as I hear something

07-20-09 12:38 AM
    I checked on a release date with a friend, and they haven't given them a solid release date but. She told me "SOON.... REAL SOON"
    07-21-09 01:07 PM
    I stupidly (if that's a word) put my curve in a zip notebook and forgot it was in there. Put my elbow down on it and pressed the screen too much. Now I have a friggin line down the side of my screen. Blah. Still functional though. I'm leaving town on the 1st and pray that I leave with my Tour!!!
    07-21-09 01:48 PM
    I stupidly (if that's a word) put my curve in a zip notebook and forgot it was in there. Put my elbow down on it and pressed the screen too much. Now I have a friggin line down the side of my screen. Blah. Still functional though. I'm leaving town on the 1st and pray that I leave with my Tour!!!
    Have you heard any news from the "higher ups" that would make this a possibility. or is all quiet for now? I bet their page hits will go down when they release it......lol

p.s. where have you been hiding latley
    Last edited by Chaser1337; 07-21-09 at 02:55 PM.
    07-21-09 02:53 PM
    Have you heard any news from the "higher ups" that would make this a possibility. or is all quiet for now? I bet their page hits will go down when they release it......lol

p.s. where have you been hiding latley
    LOL. I've been around..haha.

Only thing that I know right now is that they are educating or "training" their account executives (as of late last week) on the Tour right now and from experience, this typically takes place a week or two before launch. SO AGAIN, before I leave the state of Mississippi on August 1, I want my Tour...you hear me!
    07-21-09 04:50 PM
    They announced SUMMER FUN DAYS at several stores for the next month or so, and said to stop by and get the latest blackberry's so maybe that will come true. It was announced on Facebook right before the announcement of the Tour.
    07-21-09 06:52 PM
    That's probably the best BB news I've heard in a while. Does anyone have any guesses on what the price might be?
    07-21-09 08:43 PM
    I'm thinkin 149 or possibly 199 like Verizon/sprint

07-21-09 10:24 PM
    $199 would be a safe bet, well worth it though. I just hope we enjoy all the features like gps and Youtube like the other Tours with other carriers have.

07-22-09 02:51 AM
    I've got the freedom keychain bluetooth gps for mine. Seems to work a lot better and faster than the one on my BlackBerry.. I wouldn't doubt them having youtube blocked on it too

07-22-09 11:09 AM
    hey u guys,i got my phone in June and ive already had it replaced once already and the other is acting weird r these pearls defective or something???? and plus i want the Tour when it comes out,any possible suggestions on going about getting it instead of keeping this Pearl??
    07-22-09 11:28 AM
    LOL. I've been around..haha.

Only thing that I know right now is that they are educating or "training" their account executives (as of late last week) on the Tour right now and from experience, this typically takes place a week or two before launch. SO AGAIN, before I leave the state of Mississippi on August 1, I want my Tour...you hear me!
    its gonna be close!!!!! Yesterday isn't "soon" enough for me.
    07-22-09 01:04 PM
    hey u guys,i got my phone in June and ive already had it replaced once already and the other is acting weird r these pearls defective or something???? and plus i want the Tour when it comes out,any possible suggestions on going about getting it instead of keeping this Pearl??
    As stingy as CS is with the phones, you may not have any luck. The only thing they will do is keep giving you another Pearl, unless you are within 14 days of purchase and you have a problem, then they will let you pay the difference for another phone. After 14 days they refer you to insurance claims, make you pay a deductible, then give you a refurb phone. If no insurance you may be stuck paying full price for another phone. Tour should've been released and the Pearl flip bypassed by CS. There are some that do like them, just not for me.
    07-22-09 04:09 PM
    If its the trackball messing up, I was told by a friend that he had to get a new phone twice and that it was a known issues with the pearls
    07-22-09 05:21 PM
    If its the trackball messing up, I was told by a friend that he had to get a new phone twice and that it was a known issues with the pearls
    I've never had a problem with Csouth and replacement, maybe i'm just lucky....

any one hoping they announce the Tour today due to "summer fun days" prob just dreaming.....
    07-23-09 10:01 AM
282 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD