Well Verizon & Sprint & Telus(canada) are releasing on or around 6 days from today... CS is keeping it a big secret if its going to be released this month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 05:51 PM
    Android? Please, somebody please slap him

07-07-09 08:38 AM
    Direct Quote from Cellular South Mat on April 2, 2009, If he really has the Tour as of now I'd sure like to see a pic as proof. since he could confirm the "BOLD" coming to cell-south which is a GSM phone only, and knew nothing about the 9630 I'd have to say he is a sales rep at best and his information is being posted with as much speculation as the rest of us....MAT I'D LOVE FOR YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG.....while I'm speculating, I'd also say you will see cellular-south release this phone pretty close to the competition.
    Good point Chaser. On top of that, I've contacted two execs/managers @ Ridgeland and so far no Tour information. Let's just say that the Tour HAS to come through these 2 people's hands before it even begins to think about hitting the stores.
    07-07-09 09:21 AM
    About the only way I'd trust anyone about the Tour right now is to see a picture of one with the mobile options screen up where it says Cellular South as the carrier

07-07-09 11:31 AM
    Good point Chaser. On top of that, I've contacted two execs/managers @ Ridgeland and so far no Tour information. Let's just say that the Tour HAS to come through these 2 people's hands before it even begins to think about hitting the stores.
    Maybe it will be a surprise, like all these other phones that have been released lately, who knows
    07-08-09 12:12 AM
    Maybe it will be a surprise, like all these other phones that have been released lately, who knows
    Yeah agreed, if its anything like the 8830 or the 8330, it will just appear in the blackberry line up online one day, and a couple days later make the main page. But didn't they announce the pearl flip before launch? (i hope they didn't use their favor with RIM to carry the first Pink Flip, and not get us the Tour in a reasonable time frame)
    07-08-09 09:10 AM
    Yeah agreed, if its anything like the 8830 or the 8330, it will just appear in the blackberry line up online one day, and a couple days later make the main page. But didn't they announce the pearl flip before launch? (i hope they didn't use their favor with RIM to carry the first Pink Flip, and not get us the Tour in a reasonable time frame)
    For some weird reason, the announcement for the Flip went out to business accounts only. I say weird, because non QWERTY is typically not the "corporate" standard. Even still that announcement only went out maybe 3-5 days before launch. On top of that, it was sold via AE's maybe 2 weeks before hitting the stores and the site. Chaser, I hope you are SO right on the "favor" comment. That would totally suck.
    07-08-09 09:14 AM
    Actually the pearl flip was in the discover center being shown as coming soon about 2-3 weeks before launch

07-08-09 11:00 AM
    Actually the pearl flip was in the discover center being shown as coming soon about 2-3 weeks before launch

Well...yeah I forgot about that. I don't really do the Discover Center thing...guess I should.
    07-08-09 11:07 AM
    It will only make you mad to see the Tour isn't on there. Lol HTC, Netbook, LG Spyder 2 are the ones that currently show coming soon.

07-08-09 01:32 PM
    Also, I talked to a rep today, and while he said nothing for sure, he hinted that they are testing the Storm. Is this accurate? He said Verizon's contract on the Storm would be up soon and that may be a phone you see soon. Does Verizon work on the same type of network that CSouth works on? If there is an ounce of truth to this, I would like to know.
    07-09-09 06:32 PM
    They are both CDMA networks. I still kinda doubt that Verizon would only keep a contract for only a year for the storm... Sounds fishy to me

07-09-09 07:31 PM
    They are both CDMA networks. I still kinda doubt that Verizon would only keep a contract for only a year for the storm... Sounds fishy to me

ESPECIALLY with the Storm 2 due out later this year. I'm sure Verizon will have to redeem themselves for the Storm 1. I will say that I do remember reading that Verizon only had a 1 year exclusive though.
    07-09-09 08:13 PM
    Maybe it's the Storm 2, yea right, it seems like CS is exploring other areas, which is a mystery to me because the Blackberry has been a great seller for CS. The HTC Touch Diamond was the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned, and Motorola seemes to have a life of 5 months. Samsung, I have heard good things, they're just not for me. The Pearl Flip seems to be selling good so why not go ahead and discontinue the Curve and WE and give us the most up-to-date QWERTY that BBerry has????? Or are they letting other companies work all the bugs out or are they seeing how many of them sale?? If it was necessary I may be able to deal with a Storm or Storm 2 but my past experiences with touch phones hasn't been the best. I did a search on BBerry Storm 2 and it was impressive though and is due in September but unknown who is getting it. I guess we will have to see how long our present devices last, for all the true Blackberry owners.
    Last edited by walkintall67; 07-10-09 at 06:36 AM.
    07-10-09 03:22 AM
    Also, I talked to a rep today, and while he said nothing for sure, he hinted that they are testing the Storm. Is this accurate? He said Verizon's contract on the Storm would be up soon and that may be a phone you see soon. Does Verizon work on the same type of network that CSouth works on? If there is an ounce of truth to this, I would like to know.
    A rep at a store near me hinted at the same thing last week. She said that she knew they were testing the storm, but not sure on a release. I have not been able to get any info on the tour from any people in the company I have talked to.
    07-10-09 06:37 AM
    There's no way I would go w a touch screen. If it locks up... Guess what. NO KEYS TO REBOOT.. Plus typing has proven to be faster w actual keys..

07-10-09 01:37 PM
    On another note, with verizon takin over alltel and an alltel tour already confirmed, why would they want competition to have a BlackBerry that they don't when its not exclusive to just one carrier? Thought for the day

07-10-09 01:39 PM
    If CSouth releases a Storm before the Tour, I'm seriously going to have to consider switching carriers. I'd hate it, and my daily conversations would be affected horribly, but as Kyle has said, touch screen devices aren't productive at ALL. Hopefully, CSouth will not let down their customers especially their corporate customers by releasing such a device.
    07-10-09 02:35 PM
    I hope they don't do it either but you just never know about CS. I too am thinking of switching carriers, I will hate it but.........
    Last edited by walkintall67; 07-10-09 at 11:23 PM.
    07-10-09 06:14 PM
    I hope they do not do it as well, but there is no way I would swap carriers because of it. I simply would hold on to my curve (decent enough phone) until they did release a new one.

The other carriers just can not touch CS in my area. It is not even close.
    07-11-09 07:10 AM
    Luckily being close to Memphis I have a very wide choice of carriers, they just cost so much more than CS for comparable plans.
    07-11-09 03:45 PM
    True, you probably have more choices than me. I could choose AT&T, alltell/verizon, and CS.

Have had alltell, changed to cell south because of terrible service coverage at the time.
    Tried AT&T for a week or so. I was not impressed with the coverage there either, even though I have a tower less than a half mile from my house. Got great signal at home, the signal just does not seem to cover as far from the towers as CS does.
    They do have far more phone choices however.

All in all, I am just pleased with CS, and have a good blackberry to boot. So I am sticking with them unless something drastic happens
    07-12-09 07:24 AM
    There's no way I would go w a touch screen. If it locks up... Guess what. NO KEYS TO REBOOT.. Plus typing has proven to be faster w actual keys..

My friend has a storm, just like any blackberry a battery pull will fix it.

I must admit if its the storm 2 with wifi I'd atleast consider a touch screen,

07-12-09 08:50 AM
    My friend has a storm, just like any blackberry a battery pull will fix it.

I must admit if its the storm 2 with wifi I'd atleast consider a touch screen,

I would also be more likely to consider the storm 2, but I doubt very seriously that is what C South would get. Even then, I would much rather have a full keyboard, and would more than likely stick with the curve I have now over that.
    07-12-09 09:46 AM
    heres you a link about the strom 2 that Boy Genius Report put out today... Notice only the mention of Verizon and Vodafone and possibly AT&T/Rogers which are not CDMA

BlackBerry 9550 is the Storm 2? : Boy Genius Report

And Chaser, doing a battery pull every time gets OLD quick... Anyone feelin a petition to CS to get the Tour?
    07-12-09 11:35 AM
282 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD