hi all. im really interested to see how the netbook deal plays out. in the perfect world, we could buy it for less than $400 and the data usage be included in our unlimited plan. how nice would that be.
    06-20-09 11:35 AM
    I would go for that, if it was included in my current plan. I seriously doubt it. I'm thinking it will be one of the 49.99 deals
    06-20-09 01:20 PM
    Well, it has been a while since I check in. I am still batteling dropped calls all the time. This BB curve hates my house. I just don't get it.

I am ready for an upgrade - but I don't know whether I should upgrade to a totally different phone or hold out to see what CS might have in store for the BB customers.

If anyone has any suggestions why I have a very poor signal in my home - please help me. CS doesn't seem to think it is the phone. Just me I guess.
    I need rabbit ears on.
    06-23-09 11:12 PM
    Hey gang here a little bit of info I've gotten from a few friends that work at cell south in different areas of the state and different positons within the company.

The WE 8830 is being discontinued in stores and is will only be avalible online until they run out. CSouth looking to bring 3 new blackberries out this year (sorry they didn't have dates yet). One of them though is in testing and it's the Curve 8900. One friend did say he heard some mumblings about the new Tour 9630 but nothing concrete as of yet at the corporate office.
    06-24-09 02:46 AM
    July would be great!!!!
    06-24-09 10:30 AM
    Got any dates when the 8830 is going to be discontinued? 8900 would be cool, but why not get the Tour because it being the cross between the 8900 and the Bold... either way I hope we get something that will support OS 5
    06-24-09 11:14 AM
    If you're on the panel concerning the netbooks - you'll notice that if you win first place you will receive:

(from memory since I can't access from my computer atm)

1. $1500
    2. Netbook valued at $400 (I believe)
    3. 12 months of service valued at $600

That last part I remember exactly because my wife and I discussed if there would be any benefit whatsoever for paying $50 a month for a netbook when the BB coverage at the same price gives me the ability to have a cell phone as well. $10-$15 a month... yeah I can go with that, but $50??? Gimme a break.
    06-24-09 04:25 PM
    Got any dates when the 8830 is going to be discontinued? 8900 would be cool, but why not get the Tour because it being the cross between the 8900 and the Bold... either way I hope we get something that will support OS 5
    I don't have an actual date for the 8830 but of the 3 store locations that I use here in jackson none of them have any in house or on display. Online is the only place where I was told you still could get one.
    06-24-09 08:17 PM
    The 8900 is a gsm device, not cdma so you won't EVER see that on cell south's network.
    06-24-09 08:19 PM
    Well not specifically the 8900... Probably be an 8930 or something to that effect.. Just like the 8300 and 8330 or the pearl flip. Both were originally gsm... Well sedjermo maybe they'll be here pretty soon... I keep a check on the discover center.. They have the netbook on there now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:28 PM
    I'm on the panel but haven't gotten an email about anything but Zipwhip lately. The Tour would be all we needed and hopefully it will be here soon.

Last edited by walkintall67; 06-25-09 at 01:22 AM.
    06-25-09 01:19 AM
    Well it sure would be nice if we had a CS rep (that actually knew what they were talking about) to give us some insider info and some insight on what to expect... Oh and I sent them an email about the Tour... that was about a week ago.. I think they put my emails in the junk mail filter haha
    06-25-09 11:10 AM
    they should get the tour pretty soon, I hope anyway
    06-25-09 12:20 PM
    actually csouth used to offer air cards...more so to business customers. wonder if they still do. like you, i'll take a new, non flip, berry over a laptop anyday.
    They still do, I have a deputy on my shift that has one, he said they never advertise them but when he asked about them, he got the service for $60 a month. He said the same, used to be for business only but he was able to get one with a personal account and I did see it in action.
    06-26-09 07:57 AM
    Hey gang here a little bit of info I've gotten from a few friends that work at cell south in different areas of the state and different positons within the company.

The WE 8830 is being discontinued in stores and is will only be avalible online until they run out. CSouth looking to bring 3 new blackberries out this year (sorry they didn't have dates yet). One of them though is in testing and it's the Curve 8900. One friend did say he heard some mumblings about the new Tour 9630 but nothing concrete as of yet at the corporate office.
    Any updates on the Tour? Hopefully it'll be shortly after Verizon and Sprint's release... Anyone care to estimate the date?
    06-29-09 11:01 PM
    No updates as far as CS concerned,but over in the 9630 forums the talk is about the Verizon website confirming a July 12 release date and being able to pre order right now.
    06-29-09 11:16 PM
    I just saw an Alltel branded Tour on the main page.... this gives me a little hope that we're not to far behind.
    06-29-09 11:29 PM
    Alltel huh? Well verizon is taking them over... May be the first wave of Verizon phones for Alltel... Yeah hopefully a week or 2 behind.. I could deal with that

06-30-09 12:08 AM
    Cellular South will have Android phones by the end of this year.
    07-03-09 02:43 PM
    Emailed CS about the Tour and got this response today:

I do apologize but we are not able to give a definite answer at this time as to whether or not we will be receiving this device.* However there is always a possibility of us having this device available in the future.

07-03-09 03:11 PM
    Emailed CS about the Tour and got this response today:

I do apologize but we are not able to give a definite answer at this time as to whether or not we will be receiving this device.* However there is always a possibility of us having this device available in the future.

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-03-09 03:40 PM
    Gotta love how they keep us informed!!

07-03-09 05:23 PM
    I noticed that under devices you list Tour (T.P.). What is the T.P. for? and is it coming to Cellular South?
    07-05-09 01:02 PM
    your on CrackBerry, Android is hardly gonna excite us...
    07-06-09 02:35 PM
    I'll do this for you. The BOLD is confirmed.
    No ETA for it.

The 9630 ( I don't even know as of yet if this phone will be at CS )

New Nokia phones will be coming also.

That good enough for you?

How much money are you willing to spend?
    Direct Quote from Cellular South Mat on April 2, 2009, If he really has the Tour as of now I'd sure like to see a pic as proof. since he could confirm the "BOLD" coming to cell-south which is a GSM phone only, and knew nothing about the 9630 I'd have to say he is a sales rep at best and his information is being posted with as much speculation as the rest of us....MAT I'D LOVE FOR YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG.....while I'm speculating, I'd also say you will see cellular-south release this phone pretty close to the competition.
    07-06-09 02:58 PM
282 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD