I work for Cellular South. We are getting the Pearl Flip tomorrow or Thursday. Also, FYI.. We should have the Motorola Evoke and the Samsung Finesse before June.
    05-19-09 04:19 PM
    I work for Cellular South. We are getting the Pearl Flip tomorrow or Thursday. Also, FYI.. We should have the Motorola Evoke and the Samsung Finesse before June.
    When will you have the Touch Pro? With the direction my company is headed (Cisco Unified Communications & Messaging w/ MS Exchange), I think the MS platform is going to fit my situation better.
    05-19-09 05:11 PM
    The Tour would be great, especially since where I live in McComb, MS went 1XEV last night. I'm loving the speed. Now I wish I had more screen, than my Pearl can offer, to enjoy it on.
    I know what you mean about the screen size. I'm on the web reading the news all the time. I just know with my luck if I use my upgrade a new BB will come to CS. I may try to find a curve on ebay if there are any for a reasonable price. I need a bigger screen for sure.
    05-19-09 05:18 PM
    apacrite, has cellular south even HINTED when the next BB might be out? All of the addicts here are eagerly waiting for............well, anything.
    05-19-09 08:47 PM
    We have more traitors I see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 12:35 AM
    apacrite, has cellular south even HINTED when the next BB might be out? All of the addicts here are eagerly waiting for............well, anything.
    The only NEXT BB I know of is the 8230 Pearl Flip. We'll just have to wait and see... Also, I don't have any good info on the Touch Pro. If it's on the website, I'd have to guess we'll have it in a month or two.

We usually don't know we have the new phones in stock until a box of them shows up.
    05-20-09 09:11 AM
    The only NEXT BB I know of is the 8230 Pearl Flip. We'll just have to wait and see... Also, I don't have any good info on the Touch Pro. If it's on the website, I'd have to guess we'll have it in a month or two.

We usually don't know we have the new phones in stock until a box of them shows up.
    yeah pass on the flip, we need info on the Tour!!!!!!
    05-20-09 01:14 PM
    I agree, either Bold or Tour, preferably Tour... I don't see CS selling many Pearl Flips myself. But who knows, they didn't ask me which BB I think they should try to get next.
    05-20-09 03:57 PM
    I agree, either Bold or Tour, preferably Tour... I don't see CS selling many Pearl Flips myself. But who knows, they didn't ask me which BB I think they should try to get next.
    That's a good point. They didn't ask us. They could've done a survey or just read some of the many BB blogs out there.
    05-20-09 04:07 PM
    Hmmm survey... Sounds like a good idea... They could have sent out a survey like they do sometimes for us CS Panel Members... That would definitely inspire customers to be with CS if they asked the customers which phones/BB's they wanted most
    05-20-09 04:11 PM
    When is CS going to get the 8330m GPS and app situation straightened out? I had a plain 8330 and everything worked fine, now half of my gps apps don't work.
    05-20-09 04:58 PM
    As already stated the Pearl flip is online tomorrow and in stores on Friday. Yay. Pardon the enthusiasm.
    05-20-09 08:26 PM
    When is CS going to get the 8330m GPS and app situation straightened out? I had a plain 8330 and everything worked fine, now half of my gps apps don't work.
    I have the 8830 and I haven't ever been successful with the device gps on it. I bought the freedon keychain gps that works off of bluetooth and it works very well. Works with my laptop as well.

05-20-09 09:59 PM
    The Tour will be the CDMA Variant of the Bold, If you want a Bold you will have to go to AT&T. (see the 9630 sub forum for more info)

I've said i don't want a touch screen, but that Storm 2, looks pretty cool too, if Verizon doesn't get another exclusive in the states, which I'm sure they will...
    05-21-09 09:55 AM
    The Tour will be the CDMA Variant of the Bold, If you want a Bold you will have to go to AT&T. (see the 9630 sub forum for more info)

I've said i don't want a touch screen, but that Storm 2, looks pretty cool too, if Verizon doesn't get another exclusive in the states, which I'm sure they will...
    Yeah I'm sure Verizon will get it exclusive as well. And there was supposedly a guy on here in the forums that wa testing the Bold for CS he disappeared after a few posts so who knows if that was legit. I still say the Tour would make a lot more sales for them than the Pearl Flip.

05-21-09 12:32 PM
    Yeah I'm sure Verizon will get it exclusive as well. And there was supposedly a guy on here in the forums that wa testing the Bold for CS he disappeared after a few posts so who knows if that was legit. I still say the Tour would make a lot more sales for them than the Pearl Flip.

Verizon might get it first. but this is going to be a direct replacement for the 8830, so eventually sprint and other cdma carries (cell south) will also have it. its the next generation, so it won't be an exclusive IMO, actually thinking back, Cell South released the 8830 before Verizon did, i wanna say it was a couple of weeks before, so maybe we will get lucky and see that happen again, except I kinda doubt it, so far if cellsouth is testing the device, they have kept it super quiet, i've done some poking around and the people I know at corporate don't seem to know anything as of yet about the TOUR. As far as the guy that was testing the "bold" at csouth, he was most likely talking about the tour, which I have heard referred to as the cdma bold, but you will not see a bold 9030 for cellsouth, the "tour" will be the flagship full keyboard for cdma.
    05-21-09 02:48 PM
    All we can do is hope right now for the Tour

05-21-09 06:17 PM
    So where is the 8230?
    05-22-09 08:46 AM
    Hey, I am due for an upgrade and am weighing whether or not to get the pearl flip or the curve. I want to hold the pearl flip to see if I like it before any decisions are made which to get. Does anyone know when the stores will get them?

Also,
    I have heard great things about the curve, what's everyone's opinion on that phone? I currently have the 8130 pearl and I like it for the most part, but I want something that has more internal memory.
    05-22-09 09:11 AM
    The Pearl Flip has officially launched on Cellular South's website in black as well as in pink. Next BB to launch... will be in a millions years and will be 500 years old... HAHA
    05-22-09 03:40 PM
    I give up.

05-22-09 10:08 PM
    I give up.

hahah hang in there, brother, hang in there.
    05-22-09 10:42 PM
    LOL, I love these forums but they run my mind in circles.

05-23-09 12:44 AM
    It looks like CS only releases 1 BB per year so we might c the Tour next year! It wud b great if the Pearl Flip tanked and in the humanitarian spirit of keeping CS BB Users happy, they rush n put out a new BB by the fall!

05-23-09 12:35 PM
    LOL yeah, that'd be great
    05-23-09 01:46 PM
282 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD