I wished they would put the news on their website then or give us something to look forward to. I totally agree about the Iphone, its not so bad but to not be able to share ringtones or take videos or send pic messages, even though a minor issue, personally I think it sucks. I'm content with my Curve for now but would love a Bold. Wonder if they will get the deal worked out to have Youtube on Blackberry's?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by walkintall67; 04-29-09 at 09:53 PM.
    04-29-09 07:30 PM
    Boorob, thanks for the info about the 9630(Tour). Thats the one that I'm holding out for... Did you hear any kind of timescale?
    04-30-09 10:43 AM
    Kyle, I'm holding out for the 9630 as well. The information I was given is that the "Niagara" which I assume is the 9630??? will be available by the beginning of the 3rd qtr, so I guess June-July, right??? I just hope it does not cost $299.00, if so I might be waiting a little longer than I thought.
    04-30-09 11:27 AM
    the 9630 was codenamed Niagara at first now is called the Tour. July wouldn't be too bad and maybe they will introduce them "on sale" LMAO
    Last edited by walkintall67; 04-30-09 at 07:06 PM.
    04-30-09 11:53 AM
    LOL, we can hope and dream that they will be "on sale". as long as we know that the 9630(code dame Niagara; Tour) will be coming to CS soon.. It'd be a nice summer semster gift to myself
    04-30-09 06:01 PM
    I'm hanging on to my upgrade just to make sure I get the best price. Wonder where CSMatt is???
    04-30-09 07:06 PM
    He told he me was turning in his Bold for the new Motorola Evoke... that was about a week or so ago...
    05-01-09 09:42 AM
    For all of you that for some reason want the Peral Flip... Here's your proof that CS is getting it
    05-01-09 09:57 AM
    Trading a Bold for an Evoke??
    05-01-09 10:56 AM
    that's what he said... I was dumbfounded when he told me that. Never would I think a BB user would trade for an EVoke
    05-01-09 12:09 PM
    It didn't look too bad but I don't see it comparing to a BBerry, in any way. Me and touch screens never got along and on top of that slider phones never make it long around me either. So he is a traitor too lol
    05-01-09 12:51 PM
    It's no secret that Cellular South provides the best coverage in MS. They also have some of the best plans out there. However, there is room for improvement when it comes to having the most innovative and cutting-edge inventory of phones. You have to keep in mind that Cellular South doesn't have the buying power that AT&T and Verizon have. Cellular South only makes up a very small percentage of the total cellular market in the United States. Think about it from the phone manufacturer's perspective. If you're going to release a brand new phone, take the Storm or iPhone for example, why would you release if first to a relatively small carrier like Cellular South? From a marketing perspective, that doesn't make much sense. You want to get the biggest bang for your buck. It has been Cellular South's past track record to release "cool" phones many months after the bigger carriers get it. The only major phone I can think of that Cellular South carried before any other carrier was the old Nokia flip phone. That was a big deal for Cellular South. In a way, it's kind of a good thing. Most new phones are very "buggy" and come with several technical flaws. By the time Cellular South releases it, most of the bugs have been worked out. It's actually a better experience for the end-user. I just don't see them offering the first edition of any BlackBerry any time soon.
    05-01-09 01:39 PM
    Corporate BB issued through ATT, personal/family is with CS and I wouldn't have it any other way. I work across the street from the CS corp office in Ridgeland. You can call them and they will tell you the same information, it is not top secret and I would think CS would want you to wait for your preferred phone from them, rather than getting on the iPhone waggon anyway, right?
    It's not the csouth corporate people that withold info, it's the store reps that (sorry to say and no disrespect to csouth) either have no clue or simply don't know how to respond. That's what hurts Cellular South. Their front line does not approach, advise, nor market the company like they should.
    05-02-09 02:08 PM
    It's no secret that Cellular South provides the best coverage in MS. They also have some of the best plans out there. However, there is room for improvement when it comes to having the most innovative and cutting-edge inventory of phones. You have to keep in mind that Cellular South doesn't have the buying power that AT&T and Verizon have. Cellular South only makes up a very small percentage of the total cellular market in the United States. Think about it from the phone manufacturer's perspective. If you're going to release a brand new phone, take the Storm or iPhone for example, why would you release if first to a relatively small carrier like Cellular South? From a marketing perspective, that doesn't make much sense. You want to get the biggest bang for your buck. It has been Cellular South's past track record to release "cool" phones many months after the bigger carriers get it. The only major phone I can think of that Cellular South carried before any other carrier was the old Nokia flip phone. That was a big deal for Cellular South. In a way, it's kind of a good thing. Most new phones are very "buggy" and come with several technical flaws. By the time Cellular South releases it, most of the bugs have been worked out. It's actually a better experience for the end-user. I just don't see them offering the first edition of any BlackBerry any time soon.
    I totally agree! Nicely put.
    05-02-09 02:10 PM
    it looks like the flip is indeed coming out for Cellular South. I was just at the Memphis in May Beale Street Music festival and they had a tent with BlackBerry and had Cellular South Peal Flips out on display...along w/ a giant inflatable flip on the grass! I was told the Flip should be coming out really soon. I think it's a really good device for those who like the flip form factor.
    05-07-09 12:36 AM
    A little off topic genestho, but did it rain and turn Tom Lee Park into a quagmire as usual?
    05-09-09 01:08 PM
    Well this thread got quiet... Anyone heard anymore bout new BlackBerry's for CS? Specifically Bold or Tour?

05-11-09 04:03 PM
    LOL The Pearl flip killed it I think
    05-11-09 08:19 PM
    Yean, what sucks is, it seems like the flip is the most advanced BB they will be getting anytime soon
    05-12-09 12:22 PM
    Anyone have any idea when the Evoke will be coming to CS? It's been "Coming Soon" for a month now. Just curious as it looks like a cool little phone.

Also, what are your thoughts on the Motorola Hint QA30 that was added to the site today?
    05-17-09 02:04 PM
    The samsung finesse, motorola evoke, and HTC touch whatever CS is about to release all look impressive but IMO If its not a BBerry I don't want it. True they have all been "coming soon" for a while so I guess CS does get an "A" for effort, lol

Last edited by walkintall67; 05-17-09 at 03:32 PM.
    05-17-09 03:30 PM
    got the motorola hint qa30 today and i love it! for cell south to consider this a "normal" phone instead of a "smartphone" it is GREAT... would recommend to anyone.

05-18-09 08:26 PM
    I was hoping for more BB from CS. I love the size of my pearl but I need more memory. I have a friend who had the pearl flip and got rid of it. She advised me to stay away. Her biggest complaint was that it felt cheap. Maybe I will have to go to the curve. I just want a BB that will be OS 5.0 compatibe, small form factor, light weight, and more mem. I hope the rumor about a new pearl (not flip) is true and CS jumps on it.
    05-18-09 10:15 PM
    Should would like to get the Tour. Maybe this time next year...
    05-19-09 11:12 AM
    The Tour would be great, especially since where I live in McComb, MS went 1XEV last night. I'm loving the speed. Now I wish I had more screen, than my Pearl can offer, to enjoy it on.
    05-19-09 02:53 PM
282 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD