Ok, So I just read on another thread that an updated curve has been announced for sprint. I have information on other BBs also. Sprint is in negotiation with Rim for the Niagra and also the Storm and Flip BB. Sprint wants the os for the storm to be greatly updated considering the problems verizon has. Look for them in Q3. As far as the curve, it will be called the titainum(color) and will have a new chipset. How do I know this? My brother works for Sprint(corporate). Remember, all release dates are in flux and not set in stone so relax. He does know the projected date of the Palm Pre but says that to depends on the software issues and no, even my flesh and blood would not give me the date! Had the storm for two weeks. Came back to sprint
    03-13-09 04:06 PM
    the pre is expected in june...how do i know....cuz i work for sprint too... and the storm has not been ever brought up in my meetings so it news to me. not that i wont happen just saying that i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you. the niagara is projected to hit around q3 though... thats just my 2 cents though. not to discredit your brother. may very well happen.
    Last edited by magicman1692000; 03-13-09 at 04:37 PM.
    03-13-09 04:27 PM
    I'm also a Sprint employee, and my department was told when the Storm came out that we most likely wouldn't be getting it. All I can do is say that Niagara is a reality, but can offer no more insight about Pearl Flip or Storm, as I haven't heard anything about it.
    03-13-09 04:57 PM
    I too work for Sprint and dna tnirpS rof krow oot I
    03-13-09 05:13 PM
    I lol'd^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-13-09 05:26 PM
    I work in telecommunications and I've found that a lot of times plans that carriers have for releasing certain handsets can change in an instant. I'm sure your brother is getting very substantial information, but we've all heard things and seen different ill keep my hopes up for you sprint guys though
    03-13-09 05:41 PM
    guys we have great phones...great wireless provider w/ great prices and great service...regardless of all the whining threads here...enjoy what we have and technology will come.

Remember...a watched pot never boils...
    03-13-09 05:49 PM
    I know a lot of people on these forums work for or heard from the customers service reps about release dates. He happened to notice my storm and mentioned that Sprint was getting it soon. Titanium curve is supposedly due out later this month or april. He also stated that Verizon did not look like they would sell the requried amount of units for RIM(Thus the buy one get one free promotion) and was open to negotiate with Sprint.
    Lots of internal stuggle within Sprint about the limited choice of smartphones. Although customer service was a problem, the lack of variety is what is now hurting the bottom line.Even though Verizon or at&t have greater problems with new phones than sprint initially, consumers like to choose from a large selection. He gave me a great example. Go inside any mall and look in each store at&t, verizon, and sprint and take a poll of how many customers are in each. Sprint was last(not including the kiosk third party sellers). This was an objective statistic so no one should take it personal.
    P.S
    Forgot the most important part of our converstion. FINALLY, Sprint corporate browses the net and gets feedback on their issues, complaints, rants or general conversation. Crackberry, Sprint users, howards forum, and others are scrutinized at length. Younger corporate execs found that forums were more efficient and economical than taking surveys over the phone were most customers just hung up. Sprint was the last to do this among major carriers and paid dearly for it, thus the length of time it took corporate to recognize the CS issue that cost the company customers.
    03-13-09 06:15 PM
    I spoke to my sprint rep a few days ago and he said the 9630 is expected in Q3 and im hoping hes right. As for anything about the storm or flip that i havent heard any speculation on. Being that the storm is exclusive to verizon and i havent heard anything about their commitment being up i wouldnt expect to see it on sprint anytime soon. Granted it is always possible but i would like to see alot of updates take place before sprint brings it on board. The Pre def looks like an amazing device but i would like to see a final build before putting any weight into it. Even if the device looks great i will NEVER give up my berries for it!!
    03-13-09 06:28 PM
    Omg. I lmfao.

03-13-09 07:36 PM
    Two things... First if by "new chipset" you mean "OS 4.5" then I'll agree with you. Second... I bought a titanium 8330 like 6 months ago... It was the phone I had before I got my 8830. How could that me a "new" color "yet to be released" ??

03-13-09 07:38 PM
    Be, not me. I can type. Really.

03-13-09 07:39 PM
    Well, I hope Sprint gets some new BBs. Most of my buddies have Sprint, and they are always complaining that Sprint never gets any of the new BBs. Perhaps, this will keep them quiet for a moment. Probably not.
    03-13-09 07:41 PM
    Be, not me. I can type. Really.

I am starting to wonder Aero.
    03-13-09 07:42 PM
    .....My brother works for Sprint(corporate).
    .....i work for sprint too...
    ....I'm also a Sprint employee,
    Well, I'm a Sprint CUSTOMER and have about as much information as you Sprint employees~ does that make me special? Or do I have to work for Sprint?

This is just as bad as people throwing out there, "I've been a loyal customer...."

This really was funny!!

03-13-09 07:57 PM
    yea, I know a lot of people claim to know someone, so my brother working for Sprint is nothing new here. Let's just wait and see if he is correct
    03-13-09 10:55 PM
    yea, I know a lot of people claim to know someone, so my brother working for Sprint is nothing new here. Let's just wait and see if he is correct
    Him & everyone else that has some inside information.
    03-13-09 10:57 PM
    Hi I was wondering if you know how to unlock a keypad or keyboard to a blackberry 8130? My girlfriend always lock her phone when I'm around. I was wondering why?
    03-15-09 05:49 PM
    Umm well, that's something you need to talk to her about. Why would you want to snoop through her phone anyway? Doesn't sound like there's a lot of trust in your relationship.

03-15-09 05:52 PM
    Hi I was wondering if you know how to unlock a keypad or keyboard to a blackberry 8130? My girlfriend always lock her phone when I'm around. I was wondering why?

She's cheating on you. Find a new one (girlfriend...not phone...phones > Girlfriends)
    03-15-09 06:18 PM
    uhm.. to unlock.... hit * then the green phone key?
    03-15-09 06:35 PM
    She's cheating on you. Find a new one (girlfriend...not phone...phones > Girlfriends)
    this^...well...here let me fix it
    BB's > Girlfriends
    03-15-09 06:50 PM
    Umm well, that's something you need to talk to her about. Why would you want to snoop through her phone anyway? Doesn't sound like there's a lot of trust in your relationship.

How about she doesn't trust him? Just the fact that you want to know how to get into it says a lot. So the advice to find a new g/f- I'd advice her to fid a new b/f!
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 03-15-09 at 07:42 PM.
    03-15-09 07:39 PM
    LOL!!!!!!
    03-15-09 08:28 PM
    How about she doesn't trust him? Just the fact that you want to know how to get into it says a lot. So the advice to find a new g/f- I'd advice her to fid a new b/f!

haha...unless she has given him a reason not to trust her
    03-16-09 09:11 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD