So while watching the mentalist guess who's striking back? ATT. Though their ads aren't witty but just plain ol stupid. Vzw 3 - att 0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 12:35 AM
    care to enlighten us on what you saw?
    11-20-09 12:47 AM
    It was pretty dumb comercial. They really dont know how to make a comeback. They might as well have said I know you are what am I.

11-20-09 04:15 AM
    Here's the video for those who haven't seen it:
    11-20-09 04:17 AM
    That is such a lame comeback. They must have put that together in literally five minutes
    11-20-09 07:22 AM
    Wow. Complete fail.

I think vzn should come back and have Jesus do a side by side.

11-20-09 08:22 AM
    Really...? How lame is that commercial. Oh let's get Luke Wilson to tell people our 3g is better. That'll make people believe us. Ultimate Fail! I think the Verizon comercials are pretty funny and was actually hoping that at&t would actually have an equally witty comeback just for the sake of entertainment. Oh well their commercials suck just like their 3g coverage!

11-20-09 08:46 AM
    I think it was quickly put together...since AT&T originally tried filing a lawsuit against VZW for their ads...the courts shot down that idea so they slapped together a commercial.
    11-20-09 09:34 AM
    They should of had Justin Long do the commercial, the iPhone is a Apple product, it would of made more sense. And also hired the fat guy with glasses from those PC vs Mac Commercials too, to represent VZW. Would of been epic.
    11-20-09 09:54 AM
    At least Verizon doesn't have to LIE in their commercials.

I like this comment someone left on the vid:

AT&T COMMERCIAL TRANSLATION:
    1. Which provider has the fastest 3G network - in a laboratory environment?
    2. Which provider lets you drop calls and surf slowly at the same time?
    3. Which provider has the iPhone?
    4. Which provider has the phone that uses iPhone apps?
    5. Which provider has 5x more 3G coverage than AT&T? Oops
    Last edited by 312; 11-20-09 at 10:13 AM.
    11-20-09 10:07 AM
    AT&T is just trying to save themselves. Their 3G coverage really does suck! They failed to build out their network and Verizon spent the money to build theirs. Pretty plain and simple. I worked for 6 1/2 years as a store manager for cingular/at&t. AT&T might want to raise the white flag or start spending money on their network.
    11-20-09 10:10 AM
    Scent of a Blackberry was a better video than this commercial...
    may have faster 3g but how about 3g that works?
    Att doesn't have over xxx amount of apps...the iphone does....
    11-20-09 10:14 AM
    I have to say I am rather disappointed in this commercial. Thats 25 seconds of my life I will never get back. Not very creative!!
    11-20-09 10:36 AM
    Although I am an ATT user, i must admit that these ads are plain stupid. I like how VZW's actually made sense. "There's a map for that" was epic.

I live in NYC so i cannot complain about 3g coverage. I have it everywhere and almost always at 5 bars.

their website The nation's fastest 3G network | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    is just plain stupid as well. "We have smartphones, we have fast 3g, a person on verizon cant browse AND talk at the same time" Wow, big deal.
    11-20-09 10:44 AM
    AT&T = American Telephone and Telegraph....

So if you like landlines and sending txt messages via telegraph, then sure, they're awesome!

I do have to say their much better than pony express (3g for them = horses being told GIDDYUP 3 Times = 3G).

They should put up or shut up. That commercial would have been just as good as if they had ATT president come on and say.."OH YEAH?!!"
    11-20-09 10:58 AM
    Now here's a thought......we all talk about AT&T's contract with Apple and when it is supposed to end and when VZW may get an iPhone.

Perhaps Verizon get's the iPhone much sooner than expected....in the form of VZW buying out AT&T since they are just sucking wind at this point.......
    11-20-09 11:36 AM
    Now here's a thought......we all talk about AT&T's contract with Apple and when it is supposed to end and when VZW may get an iPhone.

Perhaps Verizon get's the iPhone much sooner than expected....in the form of VZW buying out AT&T since they are just sucking wind at this point.......
    Absolutely no chance of that happening...
    11-20-09 12:21 PM
    ATT just likes getting slapped. If they loose the I Phone exclusive they will tank faster than Sprint. One year and I'm gone.

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-20-09 at 04:22 PM. Reason: profanity
    11-20-09 04:17 PM
    I'm not bashing, but AT&T is really slipping lately. More and more are having issues, specifically with dropped calls, whether you're using an Ipone or a BlackBerry. If Verizon ever does carry the Iphone, they will bury and dominate all other carriers...
    11-20-09 04:24 PM
    New Verizon ad tonight. Santa goes to the barn and asks the reindeer who is ready. They all pop up Verizon maps except for poor Blitzen.

The OP was correct about one thing. The ATT ad was a STRIKE.
    11-20-09 10:03 PM
    The island of misfits makes me lol everytime.
    11-21-09 12:35 AM
    Of course, if you have a Storm2 or Curve2 on Verizon, you have Wifi access, so you can do voice and data at the same time. I wonder how soon VZW will make a commercial touting those feaures to answer AT&T's ad.
    11-21-09 07:28 AM
    Of course, if you have a Storm2 or Curve2 on Verizon, you have Wifi access, so you can do voice and data at the same time. I wonder how soon VZW will make a commercial touting those feaures to answer AT&T's ad.
    BUT, you have to be in a hot zone which not much more coverage area than ATT's 3G. Oh, wait.
    11-21-09 08:28 AM
    Agree, very dumb commercial. Not sure if their statements are really accurate. I have read a few reports over the past few weeks stating VZW 3G is faster (one report was in PCWorld) and these are based on real-life situations.
    Also the most popular cell phone may change sooner that AT&T expects.

Verizon's at least was based upon AT&T's supplied information, and in no way would someone who is half-way intelligent enough to listen or read, think the coverage maps were anything other than 3G coverage.

I have had AT&T, and even though VZW has their problems, they do not suck as bad as AT&T did when I tried them (twice; never a third time).
    Well, I work in a vzw store and two customers came in. One was on att with a bold and the other guy was looking for a vzw phone. I was casually talking with both guys while his friend was trying to make up his mind. The guy with the bold asked what I carried and I told him a tour. He wanted to see whose was faster. I said pick a page and we'll load at the same time and see who wins. He chose a page and we were off.....................I pulled up the page at least three times faster than he did. The att network is slow unless you are outdoors and standing directly under a tower.
    11-22-09 08:37 AM
    That was pretty funny. Good stuff.

I rather like this commercial vendetta Verizon and AT&T have going on.
    11-22-09 01:27 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD