T-Mobile Bold 9900. I UPGRADED to the new OS 7.1.0.248, after it finished installing and I rebooted the phone I received an "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error", everything seemed to be okay except I was not able to veiw my email, all I was getting was html text.
    I DOWNGRADED back to the OS 7.0.0.205 which I was using before and after installing and rebooting the phone I again received the "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" but now I can see all my email as usual.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this matter? I installed OTA as my computer is down at the present time. Would it be best to wipe my Bold9900 and try reinstalling the new T-Mobile OS 7.1.0.248 OTA again? If I wipe the phone how do I go do that process? Thanks; Jon
    03-21-12 06:38 PM
    T-Mobile Bold 9900. I UPGRADED to the new OS 7.1.0.248, after it finished installing and I rebooted the phone I received an "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error", everything seemed to be okay except I was not able to veiw my email, all I was getting was html text.
    I DOWNGRADED back to the OS 7.0.0.205 which I was using before and after installing and rebooting the phone I again received the "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" but now I can see all my email as usual.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this matter? I installed OTA as my computer is down at the present time. Would it be best to wipe my Bold9900 and try reinstalling the new T-Mobile OS 7.1.0.248 OTA again? If I wipe the phone how do I go do that process? Thanks; Jon
    I ran into the same error when I tried using Desktop Service. I wiped using BBSAK and used the loader in BBH Tool to reload the OS and it loaded great. Give that a shot. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Edge of Night; 03-21-12 at 11:09 PM.
    03-21-12 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD