Hi all

I really need a Blackberry now, I'm missing too many emails.

Currently I'm coming to the end of my Orange business contract and they are offering me a pretty bad deal to stay with them. I got stung by a �1000 phone bill last month cos I do a lot of work in Kuwait and used my phone a lot (had a local sim to but ended up receiving a lot of calls on my UK phone which I was charged for). Other bills regularly exceed �500 per month

According to Orange I am in the top 1% of their billed customers, yet the best deal they have offered is pay �65 per month with free insurance, free 8900 Curve, BES monthly charge included (4.28per month) with 2000 minutes, 200 texts, 10 MB of unlimited worldwide data. If I exceed the 10 MB over the 18 month contract it will cost me 8MB per month

Surely there is a better deal out there? I don't mind paying for the handset but I need a pretty good deal on the roaming call and data charges.

Anyone tell me what's the best deal they've seen so far?
    07-10-09 09:50 AM
    Move to O2 BIS is free on any plan over 20GBP per month, if you spend a lot you'll go straight onto O2 Platinum with direct dedicated and KNOWLEDGEABLE support.

O2 – The UK's Leading Provider of Mobile Phones, Broadband & SIMs

Having said that, Vodafone's not too bad either :-)
    07-10-09 05:00 PM
    Thanks for the reply

Would you recommend a Pay Monthly or Pay as You Go option. On pay monthly I can go straight onto a business contract as I have a my own company which may be better rates than the consumer ones

Also I;ve heard there is a bolt on called unlimited worldwide data use for 25p/m is this true (can't see anything on the o2 site about this)

Thanks again for any help
    07-11-09 03:57 PM
    sure, the business tariffs aren't as good

Online simplicity 20 SIM Only
    Pay Monthly contract
    1200 texts / 600 mins
    Includes BlackBerry Unlimited UK
    that is �19.98 all inc per month

no phone and sim only deal, on a 30 day rolling contract. to take a phone with that you have to add an 18 month commitment, prices stay pretty much the same, probably get an 8900 or a Bold for free. To get the BIS for free for the contract you have to manually change the bolt on to Blackberry Unlimited UK, will only work on tariffs 20GBP and above, and I've heard they're stopping the promotion soon, so I'd hurry

Still pretty cheap if you ask me considering BIS is normally a tenner extra !

the closest business o2 plan that comes in near that is :

Small Business Regular User with BlackBerry
    Max users 2
    Minutes
    (shared)
    Texts
    (shared)
    Data
    (individual)
    Unlimited
    Monthly cost
    X 1 user
    �30.91

which is a good tenner more PLUS VAT,

so my advice would be to go with the consumer tariff and work out the VAT manually, saving 120 odd quid a year and getting more minutes and texts !
    07-12-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD