Ordered a replacement Tour from Asurion the other day - paid the $100 deductible, and my Tour arrived in orderly fashion this morning. Asurion really is a great service...minus the part about neither them or Sprint notifying me about the deductible going up (I did read about it here, but still..c'mon), I am pretty satisfied with their turnaround time. Fill out a 10 minute claim online, and a shiny likenew phone arrives the next day. Great.

Unless...

The phone they send you has an ESN number attached to someone elses account. Hmm...how might that occur, you ask? Good question! I have yet to get a clear answer on this, and probably never will! From what I understand, someone, somewhere mis-keyed something...and the ESN on this phone is now tied to a cancelled Sprint account. Beautiful.

Call #1 to Sprint to activate this phone failed - the rep advised I would need to send this phone back to Asurion, and have them send a NEW replacement. Uhm...no!

Call #1 to Asurion - Rep xfer to tech support - tech support xfer to warranty dept....advised they would fill out the necessary form to have the ESN released, so that it can be activated by Sprint. This process should take no more than four hours.

Me thinking that things NEVER take the fullly allotted time frame, starts calling Sprint back after an hour...no dice. Hour two...no dice. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-12+ ... still nothing.

Conference call Sprint and Asurion - asurion advises they actually send an EMAIL (not paperwork...go figure) to a group of Asurion employees working inside Sprint - and they actually update the information there, and that it USUALLY takes up to four hours. BUT it COULD take up to 24 hours, and quite possibly even 48! Oh, really now!!!?!????!??????????

This is the kind of **** that drives people like me MAD! MAD MAD MAD MAD!!!!

My number one pet peeve is being told one thing, and having another happen....4 hours is much different than 24-48. I do not have any other phone other than SKYPE on my COMPUTER. And calling Sprint every hour or two to check the ESN number (and have to explain the story all over again to the next droid they have working there), only to have them tell me its still attached to someone elses account, is extremely frustrating.

Guess I will try one last time tonight before midnight CST, before giving up (since they close at midnight) ... it's been three days without my phone, and not only am i widthdrawing (lol), i have a ton of calls and emails to return. This kind of thing should not have happened in the first place...and to expect to have to sit and wait while someone somewhere updates the account is absurd. If all they are doing is emailing a group of people at Sprint, then why the **** cant someone place a phone call and get it done NOW! 7 year customer, several lines throughout the years, many MANY referrals to Sprint....I dont ask alot! Just want my phone to work since I *AM* paying for service, even though I'm not getting any!

/endrant..thanks for reading!
    11-06-09 11:34 PM
    sending the phone back as advised by the first sprint rep I spoke to was actually misinformation. This is why asurion has a team of employees inside sprint, whose sole task is to update and clear esn's in batches via email. Four hours vs. 24-48 is HUGE when you're a business user. When I tell clients they can reach me (or vice versa) later today, I expect to be able to honor that committment. That is my major problem and concern. Thank god for google voice and skype. Still, while people do make mistakes - it's one thing to tell someone four hours or less, when really it could take two business days to complete. By the way, you're right about kicking and screaming - that solves nothing, but speaking calmly an eloquently to the right person WILL always get you somewhere.

You know, people do make mistakes. It sounds like someone made a typo. Frustrating yes, but sorry, you aren't special and no amount of screaming, cursing or complaining is going to get you instant service. Once a phone's ESN is messed up it can be pretty time consuming to fix-especially if it got attached to a deliquent account. You should have sent the phone back to Asurion. You' d have gotten a new one overnighted. Not Sprint's fault (or Asurion's) that you refused to do that. It would have saved you a lot of frustration and you'd have a working phone.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 12:16 AM
    Yep it definately sounds like it was mistake and personally after the 24 hours someone somewhere should be able to get your ESN unblocked....Good luck!!!!!
    11-07-09 11:46 AM
    Thank you very much for insulting all 5000+ sprint csrs. I'm sure you have dealt with all of us, and can personally state that we are all "droids".

NOTTT!

11-08-09 06:54 PM
    If you are a Sprint CSR, then you of all people especially should know not to take these kinds of things personally.

I've worked as a CSR in the past for NYS Medicaid...trust me, I know how it is.

HOWEVER - my issues with Sprint CSR's are well documented here. I assume you've not read my prior posts regarding these types of scenaios, which is fine...but just know I am not attacking/insulting you personally.

Sprint CS has left a very bad taste in my mouth over the years. Nine out of ten phone calls result in unnecessary transfers, terrible attitudes, lack of effort, poor grammer or thick foreign accents, an overall lack of basic comprehension and problem solving skills, several dropped calls while on hold, misinformation misinformation MISINFORMATION (being the biggest problem clearly) and my least favorite: being told one thing, and having another happen...like call backs, credits, plan changes, etc etc etc

NONE of this is your fault, and I make it a point to let CSR's know this when I call in about something. I realize that there are going to people who dont give a **** about the job, people who are going to tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone to keep their ACW time low for stats, and people who just want to end their shift and go home. Ive seen these people personally. CSR's generally aren't paid very well, and the job itself is just terrible. Listening to people ***** and moan all day long sucks. While it is gratifying to help people when you can...many times you cant. I get it. But I dont run into this kind of stuff when calling any other company...wait, backup...I dont HAVE to ever call any other companies. Most everything else just works the way it should. Now I'm not saying there arent CSR's like this working at other companies...of course there are, but at the end of the day, this is BlackBerry enthusiast site, and I am here merely sharing my story and frustration for the next enthusiast who may find themselves in the same situation someday.

I have posted about positive experiences with Sprint CSR's as well...fyi.

Also, just a quick sidenote...Ive had to call Geico recently several times over the past three months regarding a claim from last year that I was paid for but never actually had resolved...Ive spoken to about 15 different people over the course of three months, and must say, theyve got some of the BEST customer service reps PERIOD. Patient, calm, respectful, outgoing, well-spoken, KNOWLEDGEABLE, and overall just a great peasure to speak with - given the nature of the call. I have only had ONE Sprint rep like this in the past however many years...ONE. And this was yesterday when going through **** trying to activate my Tour. I ended up giving her a compliment call because she was just outstanding. She spent three hours on the phone with me, conferencing calling WTS, RIM, an Asurion making SURE the issue was resolved once and for all. She even called me back today to confirm everything was taken care of. That is EXCELLENT CS. I wish I could say this more often because I do love the cell service, options/add-ons, perks, and rate plans which Sprint offer, and do believe that they are the best value in wireless, and one of the fastest 3G carriers in the US.

Either way - its NOT personal.

Thank you very much for insulting all 5000+ sprint csrs. I'm sure you have dealt with all of us, and can personally state that we are all "droids".

NOTTT!

11-08-09 08:47 PM
    Any update on this? Hopefully they were able to get it cleared.
    11-08-09 10:44 PM
    Sounds like my experience with the Curve a few months back.
    11-09-09 09:16 AM
    I have similar problems with Sprint CSR everytime I have an issue concerning a defective refurb or a service discrepancy in general. Eventually you become more knowledgeable about how to work your way around some of the part timers that are working...I actually had a few customer service courses over the years in relation to me pursuing my business administration degree and personally have a field day with arguing with some reps (not intentionally, but I feel like I'm the employee and they're the customer at times)...The greatest customer service belonged to T-Mobile while I was with them in highschool, the chirp on Nextel persuaded me to leave in '05 and I've missed them since....oh the good ol Voicestream (T-Mobile' old name) days.
    11-09-09 10:01 AM
    While this is seems to be an unfortunate error, I would request some sort of retribution in monetary format for the time spent without being able to use your service. You are paying for a full month's service, and not being able to use a full month's service, you should be entitled to some sort of credit (to help offset the cost of the deductible). While some people might feel this is cheating the system, I feel as though I'm entitled to what I paid for. If my internet goes down (not due to an act of God), and I'm without internet for several days, I call my provider and get a credit from them without any problems. The same goes with my cell service. Going on 3 days without a resolution is extreme.
    11-09-09 12:15 PM
    I feel this same way - since originally purchasing this god damned phone I never once got a rebate form in the box...the original purchase didn't have one, the first replacement didn't have one, neither did the second or third replacement, or the recently received insurance replacement. Interestingly enough, asurion sent me a brand new tour in the regular sprint branded box, with every included accessory. No rebate form though. Over the last few months I've been through phone **** since the original purchase of the tour. The first three phones were all defective in some way shape or form. My bill at one point was over $1200, and its been a battle to get the proper credits on my account for phones which UPS confirmed delivery to Sprint months ago...on top of that, service was constantly being disconnected, and I wasn't even able to replace the phone again because the bill was so high. At one point, I spoke to someone who works on Dan's team, and was told as long as I kept the current tour for 30 days, I'd receive the $100MIR automatically credited to my account. Never happened. When I called to question this, of course the "request' for the MIR credit was denied. Funny how noone ever informed me this would be a request which needed to be approved by someone. This was a manager telling me specifically that I'd receive the credit automatically after 30 days. I tried calling about the MIR a few more times but eventually gave up. After all of these new problems with activation, I decided to call again regarding the MIR, and by the grace of god, I got a rep who just got it...she listened to my entire spheel, got her manager over and convinced her manager to give me the credit. An hour later, I got the email confirming the credit.

Oh I left out the kicker...when originally making the first tour purchase on the phone with telesales, I was advised the $100MIR would be ... Get this... EMAILED to me. I was to reply back to the email, and my account would be automatically credited instantly for the MIR. When I first heard this I said WHAT? Obviously it sounds ridiculous, but I confirmed with the rep at least three times and he assured me this would be the process. Of course, after purchase, NOONE had EVER heard of this happening. Heh. I could keep going on and on but you guys are prolly gonna think I'm making this **** up, but I assure you I am not! I'm going to start recording these calls...because the switch and bait thing is starting to **** me off!

While this is seems to be an unfortunate error, I would request some sort of retribution in monetary format for the time spent without being able to use your service. You are paying for a full month's service, and not being able to use a full month's service, you should be entitled to some sort of credit (to help offset the cost of the deductible). While some people might feel this is cheating the system, I feel as though I'm entitled to what I paid for. If my internet goes down (not due to an act of God), and I'm without internet for several days, I call my provider and get a credit from them without any problems. The same goes with my cell service. Going on 3 days without a resolution is extreme.
    11-09-09 02:04 PM
    I could keep going on and on but you guys are prolly gonna think I'm making this **** up, but I assure you I am not! I'm going to start recording these calls...because the switch and bait thing is starting to **** me off!

Sprint LOVES the Switch and Bait
    11-25-09 11:08 PM
    You do know that all rebate forms are supposed to be printed out at sprint.com/rebates.
    11-26-09 03:44 PM
    You do know that all rebate forms are supposed to be printed out at sprint.com/rebates.
    You are sadly, WRONG. I can scan a pic of my invoice/packing sheet which clearly states REBATE FORM and a upc code for it. However, that was NOT in the box !!! And it is not the first time either !!
    11-28-09 12:41 PM
    You're right, but unfortunately none of the boxes I've received ever had a form...you can go online and grab it, but its the principle. Several people assure you something will be in the box they're sending you, on multiple occasions, for what's ended up being five phones now...and its never there. Heh. My fourth replacement from asurion(third tour stolen) head phone jack didn't work. Brought it in the store and they ordered a replacement. We'll see if there's a rebate form in the box! (I've already had the MIR finally credited to my account via CS)

You are sadly, WRONG. I can scan a pic of my invoice/packing sheet which clearly states REBATE FORM and a upc code for it. However, that was NOT in the box !!! And it is not the first time either !!
    11-28-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD