hello everyone ive been reading up on some of the great post on here but still havent found my answer i need to unlock my sprint bb 8830 but i cant find the codes someone please help!!!!! please email it to me @ diamondjim1988@yahoo thank a million

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 08:17 AM
    There will be some charge to get the codes. One place to look is BB Medic | Unlocking. There are others, too.
    01-14-10 08:26 AM
    thanx ill check it out are they expensive

01-14-10 08:27 AM

Different prices different places. You might also call your carrier. If you plan to travel outside the country the code may be free. Lots of different ways to make this happen the best I can tell.

Good luck.
    01-14-10 09:08 AM
    hello everyone ive been reading up on some of the great post on here but still havent found my answer i need to unlock my sprint bb 8830 but i cant find the codes someone please help!!!!! please email it to me @ diamondjim1988@yahoo thank a million

Which provider are you planning to use your 8830 with?
    01-14-10 09:55 AM

All unlock codes are unqiue to each devices imei. Sorry
    01-14-10 10:26 PM

Price varies depending on the provider your phone is locked to.
    01-14-10 10:33 PM

Are you sure your phone isn't already unlocked (the sim slot at least)? Why would you want to move a cdma phone between carriers?

01-14-10 10:38 PM
    Some people travel and their carrier might not provide service in a specific area.

01-16-10 06:06 PM
    Are you sure your phone isn't already unlocked (the sim slot at least)? Why would you want to move a cdma phone between carriers?

Simple, economics. I bought a used Sprint 8830 without doing any research thinking I was getting a phone I could pop my simm in, switch over to Boost $50 plan and start talking. That was in October. As of now I have read everything I can find on the subject, downloaded more programs than I ever dreamed could be out there, and am paying boost every month for a phone that I am hoping to get working on boost SOON or I am going to throw in the towel. GSM I now know would have none of these problems but I already have this nice 8830 that I love and my understanding is that data transfer is much better on the CDMA network. I did manage to get it unlocked from the carrier and if I can figure out which method actually worked I'll post it here. Funny thing is though on the screen where I entered my unlock code it changed the provider form Sprint to unknown or what ever it was to let me know it was unlocked but when i goto options - mobile network - it still list Sprint. ?!?! I have managed to get my info in parts of the phone but the previous owners name and number are still in places also that I have had no luck in finding to remove. No service but i still get a voice mail for previous owner now and then. Cant open them but i never gave out my number so they have to be his. Anyway thats how good I am at economics, a lot of money invested and still no bb. If anyone has any idea i would be very appreciative. Thanks
    01-17-10 02:48 AM
    Simple, economics. I bought a used Sprint 8830 without doing any research thinking I was getting a phone I could pop my simm in, switch over to Boost $50 plan and start talking. That was in October. As of now I have read everything I can find on the subject, downloaded more programs than I ever dreamed could be out there, and am paying boost every month for a phone that I am hoping to get working on boost SOON or I am going to throw in the towel. GSM I now know would have none of these problems but I already have this nice 8830 that I love and my understanding is that data transfer is much better on the CDMA network. I did manage to get it unlocked from the carrier and if I can figure out which method actually worked I'll post it here. Funny thing is though on the screen where I entered my unlock code it changed the provider form Sprint to unknown or what ever it was to let me know it was unlocked but when i goto options - mobile network - it still list Sprint. ?!?! I have managed to get my info in parts of the phone but the previous owners name and number are still in places also that I have had no luck in finding to remove. No service but i still get a voice mail for previous owner now and then. Cant open them but i never gave out my number so they have to be his. Anyway thats how good I am at economics, a lot of money invested and still no bb. If anyone has any idea i would be very appreciative. Thanks

The 8830 will not work no matter what you try on Boost. It will only work on GSM carriers in Europe.
    01-17-10 11:53 AM
    The 8830 will not work no matter what you try on Boost. It will only work on GSM carriers in Europe.
    It'll work on GSM Carriers in Europe AND Asia.

Also, I believe all Sprint 8830s come Factory unlocked. Feel free to check out this article. It'll explain how to see if your Blackberry is already unlocked.

How do I know if my Blackberry is Unlocked? « Insider Blog

Cheers
    01-18-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD