Hey All,

I have an unlocked Torch and Bold 9700. I will be travelling to New York City on Boxing day and Boston at the end of March.

With the unlocked BB's I have, I plan on taking them so that I can stay in touch through BBM mainly, receive a few emails here and there, use of Google Maps and Poynt (You know typical tourist usage). What, where and how should I look up information on purchasing a prepaid SIM for these needs....and what carrier would be the best for travelling to these areas. I'm a bit of a newbie with regards to this "international" stuff, but would like to know for voice and data needs while there.

Thanks in advance for your tips. Cheers!
    11-29-10 08:50 PM
    Hey All,

I have an unlocked Torch and Bold 9700. I will be travelling to New York City on Boxing day and Boston at the end of March.

With the unlocked BB's I have, I plan on taking them so that I can stay in touch through BBM mainly, receive a few emails here and there, use of Google Maps and Poynt (You know typical tourist usage). What, where and how should I look up information on purchasing a prepaid SIM for these needs....and what carrier would be the best for travelling to these areas. I'm a bit of a newbie with regards to this "international" stuff, but would like to know for voice and data needs while there.

You'll be fine with either AT&T or T-Mobile. You just want to make sure you get Blackberry Data on prepaid. Depending on the area you will be visiting, you might also want to check who has the best coverage.
    11-29-10 09:07 PM
    or you can get boost mobile
    $60 unlimited call and text+bb service
    no contract
    11-29-10 11:23 PM
    Hey All,

I would look up who has the best coverage over there. Really depends on the city, no matter how big it is.
    11-30-10 10:02 AM
    or you can get boost mobile
    $60 unlimited call and text+bb service
    no contract
    Boost SIM cards will only work in Boost phones. OP will have to buy a phone from Boost but he is wanting to use his unlocked Blackberry and that will not work with a Boost SIM.
    11-30-10 12:51 PM
    At&t is your best bet ..
    11-30-10 02:34 PM
    AT&T doesn't offer prepaid blackberry data packages last I checked. Boost wouldn't work for OP's needs. As far as I know, none of the main US carriers offer BB data on prepaid, but a quick stop on either website, or into the first mall you see when you get there would solve that problem for you. Don't forget you can also use wifi wherever you are

Let us know if you need any help unlocking your phone before the big trip!
    11-30-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD