Hello, I currently use Sprint and have a 6700. I hate it and I hate Sprint so I'm looking to switch both my provider and my phone. But I just can't seem to get what I'm looking for so I could use some help.

I originally wanted the Pearl 8130 thru Alltel but after trying and trying I finally found that they won't sell me service where I lived. Even though I was concerned about this from the beginning but was Guaranteed it would go through.
    So my next choice was T-Mobile but they don't have the new Pearl. That got me looking at the Curve but it's missing one of the primary features that I was interested in. GPS!! Plus it's bigger and I kinda liked the size of the Pearl and it does everything I need.

I'm kinda in a rush to get a new phone so waiting for the new Pearl with T-Mobile probably won't work.

Is the Curve really all that and a bag of chips? Or even considered better than the Pearl? Battery time comparable between the two? BT GPS dongle for Curve a pain? Don't really want to carry another device around with me.

Features I need include: Data plan, GPS, Phone as a modem, camera and other basics. Maybe another provider or phone does all this that I'm unaware of. Besides Sprint of course. I'd rather lose a limb then stay with them.

Thanks
    03-24-08 03:57 PM
    AT&T has the Curve 8310 which has GPS and a camera. The difference between it and the 8320 from T Mo is that the 8320 has the Wi Fi (but no GPS).
    03-24-08 04:15 PM
    Thanks but the only problem I see with AT&T is the phone as a modem option is +$70 to your regular bill. Ridiculous.
    03-24-08 04:32 PM
    This may be a little late as far as the information that you need, but I would suggest the Pearl or the Curve through AT&T. The Curve will give you the GPS for an extra $10.00 per month. I have owned this device since December '07, and the only problem I had was getting the zoom on the camera to work at times, but even that is an easy fix, just remove the battery for a second or two(soft reset) and it works just fine. Give the Curve a try, I don't think you will be disappointed. I agree with you on one account, stay away from Sprint.
    Last edited by BlackIce325; 03-24-08 at 04:47 PM.
    03-24-08 04:45 PM
    Short and sweet, you can get a bluetooth gps unit for the tmobile curve, but you can't add wifi to the gps curve. Plus Tmob has unlimited BB for 19.99 a month. If you get good reception with Tmo in your area, might be time for a second look.
    03-24-08 05:09 PM
    Crap. Now i see that the Pearl 8120 doesn't do GPS either!!!

What do any of you do who have the Curve and T-Mobile for GPS? I see a keychain dongle is that thing decent?

I'm starting to lean more and more toward the Curve on T-Mobile mainly because the phone as a modem costing nothing extra and their good pricing overall for plans. I just need to figure out the best way to get GPS on the darn thing.
    03-24-08 05:10 PM
    Got my hands full watching my daughter right now, but search Freedom Keychain 2000 for the gps. People have good things to say about it here.
    03-24-08 05:12 PM
    I just got the Freedom 2000 GPS today, tried it out and it seems pretty cool. Awesome reception so far. Going to play around with it on the way home tonight. Love the wi-fi and being able to add the GPS now. Best of both worlds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD