I am in Canada and have a Bold I received from Rogers a little while ago. I am going to Hong Kong in December so naturally I would love to unlock my phone for use over there.

I have a site that can do this for me for $5 and people I know have gotten solid results everytime. My only question is, what are the downsides to doing this? I currently have the whole shabang plan with Rogers (Data Value Pack, $45 Student Plan, etc) so I do not want to do anything that will jeoprodize anything I currently have with Rogers. I understand that the "warranty" will be voided but I spoke to a rep about that and he told me they still still take it. Nonetheless, if I unlock it will I still be able to use my data plan, have all my features I do now with the phone being locked to Rogers? Will I incur any extra fees if I unlock?

Anyone who can speak from experience would be greatly helpful! Thanks!
    09-19-09 11:00 PM
    Simply have Roger's unlock it. Call them..tell them you are traveling. They will give you the unlock code (usually for free) and then it won't void your warranty.
    09-19-09 11:03 PM
    I am in Canada and have a Bold I received from Rogers a little while ago. I am going to Hong Kong in December so naturally I would love to unlock my phone for use over there.

I have a site that can do this for me for $5 and people I know have gotten solid results everytime. My only question is, what are the downsides to doing this? I currently have the whole shabang plan with Rogers (Data Value Pack, $45 Student Plan, etc) so I do not want to do anything that will jeoprodize anything I currently have with Rogers. I understand that the "warranty" will be voided but I spoke to a rep about that and he told me they still still take it. Nonetheless, if I unlock it will I still be able to use my data plan, have all my features I do now with the phone being locked to Rogers? Will I incur any extra fees if I unlock?

It will not affect anything. You can use the phone with other carriers using gsm. I am on Rogers, did mine.
    09-19-09 11:34 PM
    There is no downside to unlocking your bold. Like others have said it will allow you to use any other gsm carrier.
    09-19-09 11:40 PM
    Thanks for the insight guys I am thinking of doing this tonight!
    09-20-09 12:12 AM
    Unlocking your Bold has absolutely no downsides besides what you're paying to get it unlocked. It doesn't affect your phone/plan/usage in any way besides allowing you to use it on other networks.

Get it unlocked!
    09-22-09 08:05 PM
    Thanks for the insight guys I am thinking of doing this tonight!
    We can help you unlock your Blackberry
    09-22-09 10:32 PM

Can you tell me what website you used, and if it was any good? Ive looked at a few websites but they all seem "shady" to say the least
    11-21-09 02:33 PM
    We can unlock it for you.
    11-21-09 02:44 PM
    Can you tell me what website you used, and if it was any good? Ive looked at a few websites but they all seem "shady" to say the least
    We can help you unlock your Blackberry. You can see our feedback all over the forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 02:51 PM
    Simply have Roger's unlock it. Call them..tell them you are traveling. They will give you the unlock code (usually for free) and then it won't void your warranty.
    Canadian carriers will not give you an unlock code for anything. Best to use one of the unlock guys here.
    11-21-09 06:22 PM
    That's correct. Canadian carriers never give the codes out to their customers. Rogers charges $175 and Bell $75 for unlock codes. Better to buy the code from any reputable unlocker here such as ourselves.

11-21-09 06:43 PM
    Got my first experience of cellunlock.net and they got the code within 2hrs and am very happy especially after using promo code to get 50% off
    magic!
    11-21-09 09:46 PM
    Got my first experience of cellunlock.net and they got the code within 2hrs and am very happy especially after using promo code to get 50% off
    magic!
    Glad to hear that, usually codes are emailed faster
    11-21-09 09:47 PM
    Nice way to go

11-21-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD