Hi Im new to this forum and new to this blackberry business

Starting of Ive just bought a Blackberry Curve 8900 from my mate.Ive just found out its a chinese 2 dual sim phone...So in other words is this a fake blackberry? If so can I not unlock it to my 3sim card and get the BB add on?

Any help would be great! Thanks
    01-22-10 09:19 AM
    no bb are being produced with dual sim... most dual sim knock offs are already unlocked and will support any sim. not sure bis will support it though without a valid pin.
    01-22-10 09:21 AM
    no bb are being produced with dual sim... most dual sim knock offs are already unlocked and will support any sim. not sure bis will support it though without a valid pin.

Ive tried unlocking but the model number is incorrect
    When unlocking do I have to present both IMEI numbers as there is 2 of em'!

Ive rang up my service provider 3 mobile and they have said they have swapped my internet max for the blackberry email/internet add on
    01-22-10 09:24 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bla...m-w-tv-401166/

If you have a Chinese knock off like this one, there is no need to be concerned about the BlackBerry Add on. It wont help.
    01-22-10 09:27 AM
    hmmm, thats a good quistion. in all honesty i have only dealt with a knock off dual sim iphone and it was unlocked when built. what company are you unlocking through and when you state the model is incorrect you providing them the bb rim 8900 imea xxxxxx..... and so on??
    01-22-10 09:27 AM
    The model says on the box 8900.

When plugged into my pc comes up MT 6235

No blackberry button on the handset. The IMEI codes are the 15digit numbers 3529 ************ but doesnt unlock the phone which has only worked with a tmobile sim so Im guessing it unlocked to that
    01-22-10 09:32 AM

If you have a Chinese knock off like this one, there is no need to be concerned about the BlackBerry Add on. It wont help.
    So should I give it back and get money back?
    01-22-10 09:37 AM
    The type of folks that sell this kind of merchandise usually work from a cardboard box on a street corner. Here today, gone tomorrow.

If possible, you should return it and get your money back. If it is not a genuine BlackBerry, it is not what you thought you were buying.
    01-22-10 09:39 AM
    Thankyou very much for your advice!!

Yes your right! Thanks
    01-22-10 09:43 AM
    Hi Im new to this forum and new to this blackberry business

Starting of Ive just bought a Blackberry Curve 8900 from my mate.Ive just found out its a chinese 2 dual sim phone...So in other words is this a fake blackberry? If so can I not unlock it to my 3sim card and get the BB add on?

Any help would be great! Thanks
    Should work just fine because of it being a knock off and most knock offs are unlocked.
    01-24-10 03:40 PM
    If you can..YES! Get a real Blackberry

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it?
    01-24-10 10:22 PM
    hmmm, thats a good quistion. in all honesty i have only dealt with a knock off dual sim iphone and it was unlocked when built. what company are you unlocking through and when you state the model is incorrect you providing them the bb rim 8900 imea xxxxxx..... and so on??
    I've seen a few of those for less than half the price of a real one. Am not getting rid of my BlackBerry ever, might go back and forth from time to time tho (I like to change things up). What was your experience with it? Is it basically the same thing, have app store, etc??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 10:38 PM
    I'd love to see pictures! Possibly the famous Chinese BlueBerry? Hope you can get a refund! If not, I'd love to do some testing with it, if it indeed is not unlocked. Feel free to PM me or send me a personal e-mail and we can discuss some other details if you end up stuck with it!
    01-26-10 07:10 AM
    Looks ok for not being original, the one we had though was very buggy. Not a Blackberry killer lol..
    01-26-10 09:30 AM
    Some of the clones pretty much look like the real units. Some companies in China have actually started using much better processors than before as they were always getting complaints about a laggy interface.

That said however, they are indeed knockoffs and do not compare in anyway to any of the real devices. Plus almost all of them except for one company are not FCC approved. I would stay away.
    01-26-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD