Hi everyone,
    im a new crackberry user and i was given this BB 8700g from t-mobile. i have AT&T i want to unlock the phone so i can use it with my network. i have already tried calling t-mobile customer service asking them for the unlock code cuz im traveling internationally (total BS) but they wouldnt give up ANY info unless i have a t-mobile account open wit them. So i tried callin AT&T service with the same story thinking maybe my network could offer better support and they wont process my case because the phone is not an AT&T phone but rather with t-mobile. Im out of ideas i dont really want to pay a third party vendor for the code ..... any suggestionson on how i can go about unlocking this BB 8700g? any advice will be very much appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by huertac; 10-06-08 at 11:45 PM.
    10-05-08 01:55 PM
    Welcome 2 Crackberry.com

Besides the 3rd party vendor you have two options.

First Option: Find a friend, family or co-worker that has t-mobile to call with the IMEI number to get the unlock code. You can also tell them to give your email address as T-mobile sends the code by email. I did this for an 8320 (my ex).

2nd Option: Call RIM and attempt to get a release of authorization in order to call T-mobile to get the code.

Other than those two, the 3rd party vendor is left. HorizonWireless is pretty cheap.
    10-09-08 02:42 AM
    fasho then.
    im going ahead to try the third party vendors cuz i dont know any TMO carriers.
    thanks for your help Jayden0606!
    10-09-08 11:22 AM
    fasho then.
    im going ahead to try the third party vendors cuz i dont know any TMO carriers.
    thanks for your help Jayden0606!
    Anytime... Glad I could be of assistance.
    10-09-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD