ok guys I am not new to this and i have at one time got this phone working fully on ATT but its kicking my ****. I thought maybe faulty OS but I just upgraded to .461. The APN is wap.cingular username [email protected] and password CINGULAR1

absolutely everything works when I wifi and when I am not on WIFI phone and txt's work all damn day...

what am I missing??
    02-21-10 05:34 PM
    Did you actually get the phone unlocked... a MEP code???
    02-21-10 06:13 PM
    yep.. I had previously had this working and within the last week or so it doesnt want to use any data unless its from a wifi connection

I have had this phone for almost a year.. my wife has been using it for the past month..
    02-21-10 06:14 PM
    Register your device again: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu button > Register Now
    Then log into AT&T BIS website and resend your Service Books.
    02-21-10 06:21 PM
    been there, done that and for the sake of argument I just tried that again and got the same results. I get the blackberry registration email and the activation server email aswell..

its really strange everything looks as though it should work..

when I launch the browser i am getting the following:

"A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. IF the problem persists contact your service provider."
    02-21-10 06:25 PM
    other people, namely Tronyx in the Bold 9000 forum, is having a similar issue. his BIS was only working through wifi and not working otherwise.

he determined it was an OS/network error.
    02-21-10 08:07 PM
    BIS wasn't working for me at all, Wi-Fi wouldn't catch internet, etc. A lot of people are experiencing the same issue and it seems the only resolution is to call RIM and have them reset your PIN. That fixed all my issues.

RIM 877 255 2377

Gonna have to choose the pay for support option, but you won't have to give any CC info or even pay a cent. I spent about maybe 45 minutes on the phone total to get everything fixed.

Chris
    02-21-10 08:20 PM
    good post chris. number saved. so you choose the pay option, but they dont charge you for it?
    02-21-10 10:53 PM
    Your much better off just going through your carrier, really. RIM absolutely HATES dealing with customers, and your carrier is there to filter out idiocy, to put it bluntly.

That's really why AT&T has three tiers before you can get to RIM. And tier 2 does almost everything that RIM alone does.
    02-21-10 11:50 PM
    Your much better off just going through your carrier, really. RIM absolutely HATES dealing with customers, and your carrier is there to filter out idiocy, to put it bluntly.

That's really why AT&T has three tiers before you can get to RIM. And tier 2 does almost everything that RIM alone does.
    if i cant figure it out myself, or if the suggestions on here arent helping....at&t isnt going to be able to figure it out either. personally, i would rather save 1 hour of going through the tiers and simple battery pull instructions they are going to give me and just get down to brass tacks with RIM.
    02-22-10 12:16 AM

Actually, AT&T told me to call RIM and RIM told me to call them the next time something like this happens. They didn't charge me anything and AT&T basically admitted to me that they had no idea what was going on and that RIM was apparently the one people who could fix the issue. RIM's support was some of the best that I have ever experienced. I absolutely HATE calling AT&T. Everyone that's experienced this issue over the weekend has either ended up talking to RIM AFTER calling their carrier or just calling RIM right away who told them it was the better idea.

And that's the facts Jack!

Besides, the fix for the issue is getting your PIN reset and I was told that only RIM has the ability to do that and not the carriers....so, um....yea. RIM it is...

Chris
    02-22-10 12:35 AM
    I spent an hour and a half on the phone with AT&T today. Their internal server status indicators stated that the BIS servers were at 100%. After the hour and a half of troubleshooting, they contacted RIM. The BIS servers ARE down. Stand by for a little bit.. things will be back to normal soon.
    02-22-10 02:22 AM
    after thinking about this further, if you want your device to work right away, call RIM. They are open 24 hours.. (and they've got super sexy sounding austrailian women on the help desk phones haha). If you want to wait it out with AT&T, you can also do that as well.
    02-22-10 02:40 AM
    thanks guys I will take your advice of calling RIM themselves and see what happens.
    02-22-10 04:01 AM
    call late at night lol you might get a sexy sounding Australian hahaha
    02-22-10 12:12 PM
    Does it says activation required instead of Network Operator Logo?
    02-22-10 07:06 PM
    negative.. it says "A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider." and thats it..
    02-22-10 07:09 PM
    And as for me as I originally stated I have had this Tmobile 8900 working fully on att network for quite sometime. It has only been since last Thursday evening that this problem started.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 08:08 PM
    yeah i have an unlocked tmobile phone on att as well, and it also was working great until thursday. bk did you call RIM?
    02-22-10 08:27 PM
    yeah i have an unlocked tmobile phone on att as well, and it also was working great until thursday. bk did you call RIM?
    Unfortunately txt I have been way too busy to make the call. Isn't it kind of strange we are having the exact same issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 04:14 AM
    yeah, but a lot of my at&t blackberry using friends had the same problem.. they just dont do the forum thing haha
    02-23-10 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD