I purchased a Blackberry Curve 8310 5 days ago. Got the data plan and 200 text messages. Here is my issue: my text messages to the Verizon network are not getting delivered when using my Curve but no problem when I put the sim card back into my old phone, which is a Razor. I am able to receive text messages and when I send one it shows as being sent but the recepient doesn't get it. I tried customer support, help at AT&T store, I even re-set the phone to the factory settings but my texting issue is not resolved.
    Any ideas? I also went back to the store where I purchased my Blackberry to try texting with another Blackberry (they had some as a loaner) and it did not work. Please help!
    10-08-08 09:53 AM
    Are you saying, that when you text someone who has Verizon, they do not get your texts? Or when someone texts you, you do get get them?Try turning off the Data, >Manage connections>Mobile NEtwork>Data On/Off

Then try texting and see if it goes through. But heck if nothing works, remember, you have 30 days to trade in your phone with no hassle, I suggest that you try making them upgrade you to the 8330 or 8320, they have Wifi built in, and maybe if you are using Wifi instead of BB internet, your texts will go through, or maybe the Bold will get released within 24 days and you can get that instead.
    10-08-08 12:10 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I actually went back to the store again (Best Buy) and after "shocking" everyone with my issue there, one of the guy suggested that we try a new sim card. So we did and it worked! I guess there was a little bug in my old one (just got it with the phone)
    10-10-08 11:08 AM
    Welcome to Crack!

Glad your issue was resolved.
    10-11-08 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD