I am a current Virgin Mobile (non-Helio) customer who is trying to move to Boost Mobile to activate the Boost BB8330. My problem is that, according to Boost, the [separate] requests for a port and a migration have failed; however, the Boost system actually recognizes the number to be ported as an "active" number.

So, I am here in desperation trying to avoid an 8-week port mess like I endured going from Helio ---> Virgin Mobile last year. If there are any others who have migrated from VMo ---> Boost or if any Sprint reps can give me some information that can help, it would be great.

*sadly* looking at an inactive Blackberry
    01-25-10 06:19 PM
    I had a similar issue go to tmobile buy a prepaid $7 sim port your number over exact info you are going to use for sprint once it ports to tmobile then port to boost make sure not to use your sim as the number has to be active for it to port.
    01-26-10 02:30 AM
    Thanks for the tip. Ironically, Iended up doing to the port to a GSM prepaid phone I had from two years ago. The port actually completed yesterday. I am waiting for Boost to cancel the support ticket on the failed port/migration; once they are able to do that and close the account I can re-initiate the port back to Boost and activate the BB8330.
    01-26-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD