I'm planning to buy a BB, my first one. But there is two type of rate that telus offer and I'm a bit lost...

So they offer Clear Choice, that offer 500mb, 1g, 2g and 3g of data AND they offer Blackberry social that give unlimited access to Facebook, MySpace, BB Messenger and Windows Live.

So I plan to use the BB as I use my LG 10k Voyage...For SMS (A lot of SMS), facebook on the road, MSN messenger, Reading my GMails and accessing my enterprise portal.

Telus suggested me the blackberry social plan... but i guess that I'll pay for every data used for gmail and other website or any apps that use datas because I dont see any data limits.

So for the bb social plans, I pay 40$ + datas.
    For the Clear Choice, I pay 50$ + 15$ for SMS and Caller ID. Plus I have to count my MSN and Facebook use in the bandwidth limits what could easily put me in the 1gig rate for another 15$ more...

Can I buy a separate DATA plan for the bb social plan, like 500mb for few $ ?

-----

If they really think that they help people with all this mix up, they're wrong!!!
    03-01-10 08:19 PM
    Your best bet in this case is to go with the Clear Choice plan. As a heads up, unless you stream a lot of videos using Youtube or are constantly streaming audio, you'll likely rarely break the 250 MB range. I personally have yet to pass that point myself and I use Facebook, BBM, browse various websites, use apps like Viigo and more, regularly. Plus, I'm often reloading my OS and thus constantly redownloading all of my apps.

BlackBerry devices use a lot less data to do the same thing versus other phones like the Android or iPhone devices, etc. This is done by compressing the data at the server level and then recompiling it at the phone level. So what this means is that you won't use the same amount of data as you were using on your LG Voyager. Not even close.

So don't worry about running out of room with the Clear Choice plans. You'd have to be a really heavy user to use more than 500MB and you'd have to be streaming video and audio regularly in order to break the 1GB mark. Plus, it'll give you the freedom of actually being able to browse the web and access your email accounts. You can also get GMail pushed to your phone, so you don't have to check it via the web browser. You can get all emails and respond/create new ones right from the phone itself.
    Last edited by Krypto; 03-02-10 at 02:54 PM.
    03-02-10 02:52 PM
    Thank you for you answer,

When I got my BB, I called at the customer service to get it activated and I fell on a very good buddy that explained me everything well. So I choose the Clear Choice with 500mb, will test and if need more, will go with the 1gig.
    03-06-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD