Getting ready to leave vzw and currently have a storm and a tour. Not happy with either and my wife and I miss our 8330's. They performed flawless for a year and a half until upgrading after the merger.

Question is how does the 8330 hold up on sprint? Have read some stuff about bad charging/usb ports and some other things. How do you guys feel about them? The deal they are running on them right now is biggest reason for looking at it, second is I see the tour is having same issues as vzw's.

Thanks!
    12-05-09 06:02 PM
    Mine is still solid after a year, and has been around the block a few times, but is a solid device. The USB probem is common in all the earlier model BlackBerrys with the mini-UsB port. A charging pod helps alleviate this.

Dunno if you're interested in the 8530 that will be released shortly, or not, but you get the RAM of a high-end device minus some of the glitz, and no flash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 06:15 PM
    Getting ready to leave vzw and currently have a storm and a tour. Not happy with either and my wife and I miss our 8330's. They performed flawless for a year and a half until upgrading after the merger.

Question is how does the 8330 hold up on sprint? Have read some stuff about bad charging/usb ports and some other things. How do you guys feel about them? The deal they are running on them right now is biggest reason for looking at it, second is I see the tour is having same issues as vzw's.

Thanks!
    im on sprint got 2 8330's for me and my wife. we love our phones couldn't be happier not one problem. u can't beat 2 8330's for 50 bucks (after mail in rebate). their deals are unbeatable as well! hope this help your decision.
    12-05-09 06:36 PM
    Thanks. Yeah the 2 for $50 is what I need info on. Im going to be up to my eye balls in etf and normal monthly service charges from vzw.

Also I hate 5.0 which is what the new models are coming out with. I know I am the odd man out, but all my troubles started with vzw's official 5.0 release.

Appreciate it! Will be most likely joining you all in this section soon.
    12-06-09 10:12 AM
    The 8330 is a good phone but the Curve 2 is coming out in less than two weeks.
    12-06-09 10:18 AM
    After owning the Tour for a few weeks, my wifes 8330 feels like an ancient child's toy. Don't get me wrong, I owned the curve for over a year and it was an excellend device, just seems that the new apps coming out were too much for it, mine got really laggy and I got the hour glass every time I touched the thing. Going back to the curve from the Tour is no longer an option, this thing is great.
    If I were you I would sit tight for a month or so and wait for that new curve or even the tour2 coming to sprint.

12-06-09 01:41 PM
    After owning the Tour for a few weeks, my wifes 8330 feels like an ancient child's toy. Don't get me wrong, I owned the curve for over a year and it was an excellend device, just seems that the new apps coming out were too much for it, mine got really laggy and I got the hour glass every time I touched the thing. Going back to the curve from the Tour is no longer an option, this thing is great.
    If I were you I would sit tight for a month or so and wait for that new curve or even the tour2 coming to sprint.

Again, the new Curve will be out in less than two weeks and the Tour2 is months away.
    12-06-09 02:08 PM
    I wouldn't get the 8330 id recommend the tour the 8330 is kinda outdated at this point so id defently get the tour 9630 plus it can do everything the 8330 can and has so much more pretty much 8330 on steroids. the curve2 is cool but away from wifi the tour is alot better device when it comes to hardware.
    12-07-09 12:30 AM
    I wouldn't get the 8330 id recommend the tour the 8330 is kinda outdated at this point so id defently get the tour 9630 plus it can do everything the 8330 can and has so much more pretty much 8330 on steroids. the curve2 is cool but away from wifi the tour is alot better device when it comes to hardware.
    hardware??? then whats all these threads on both sprint and verizon where the trackball messes up and screen ripple.. if i was the OP i woudl get the curve2 . ive seen so many issues on the tour its not even funny .
    12-07-09 03:50 PM
    hardware??? then whats all these threads on both sprint and verizon where the trackball messes up and screen ripple.. if i was the OP i woudl get the curve2 . ive seen so many issues on the tour its not even funny .
    Don't feed the troll.
    12-07-09 03:56 PM
    Don't feed the troll.
    ..............? im actually afraid of even getting a tour having to replace a phone 3-5 times isnt fun at all..
    12-07-09 03:58 PM
    ..............? im actually afraid of even getting a tour having to replace a phone 3-5 times isnt fun at all..
    Wise decision. The Tour is junk. You'll still find a few fanboys recommending them but it's mostly because they don't want to be alone.
    12-07-09 04:00 PM
    my 8330 worked flawlessley on sprint also. i recently upgraded to the tour, but my wife still loves her curve.
    12-08-09 10:06 AM
    Wise decision. The Tour is junk. You'll still find a few fanboys recommending them but it's mostly because they don't want to be alone.
    The forums can be misleading. People who got early problematic models of course are going to complain, but the vast majority with zero problems are the ones you won't hear from. Every phone has problems early on (the latest being bold 2 with trackpad issues), but those have since been fixed. I have never had a single problem and mine is actually an earlier model.

12-09-09 01:14 PM

Thanks!

If you miss the curve, I would go to the curve on Sprint. That phone gave me no problems when I had it. Great phone and it's cheap now. Someone told via this forum that the Tour works great with 5.0. but I'm not sure. I can only tell you my Tour experience was a nightmare with Sprint so I wouldn't recommend getting another Tour on Sprint's network.
    12-09-09 02:31 PM
    The forums can be misleading. People who got early problematic models of course are going to complain, but the vast majority with zero problems are the ones you won't hear from. Every phone has problems early on (the latest being bold 2 with trackpad issues), but those have since been fixed. I have never had a single problem and mine is actually an earlier model.

ive seen issues on the so called newer fixed models . I think its the OS thats making it worse too..
    12-09-09 03:01 PM
    I really hate to say it, but if I was going to Sprint today with the current group of phones, I'd go for the Samsung Moment. My wife has one and it makes my Curve feel unbelievably dated. Where I am click scroll click scroll, she does in one swoosh and a tap in a very user friendly environment.

If BB does not have something more modernized on Sprint by next October, I may have to jump ship.
    12-09-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD