Ok, I've been with Sprint for a little over 6 years now, I luv the service but hate the phone selection but I digress since thats not the point of this thread. What I want to know is if you guys feel that the deal they offered me is a good one, is it fair or is it a no go.

I currently have the Simply Everything Family Plan for $189.99 a month plus taxes and insurance on both phones $14 (one is the BB 8830 and the other is a Sanyo Katana)

I want to add a data card which is $59.99/mo but they offer it to me for $50/mo plus taxes of about $5 so that's like $55/mo.

Our bill is already like $237 a month and adding this data card would make it roughly under $300/mo. Does this sound like a good deal or can I get better?

Does anyone else have this plan? Any feedback would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks CB fam.
    04-01-09 05:35 PM
    I dunno but $300 for two lines seems waaay too much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 05:37 PM
    I agree with kenny! Crazy! Are you dropping a DSL bill or anything. To compensate?

04-01-09 05:40 PM
    That sounds like way too me to me too.

My dad has 3 lines (1 is a BB Pearl), a data card, and insurance on everything and he pays $230 a month.
    04-01-09 06:13 PM

My dad has 3 lines (1 is a BB Pearl), a data card, and insurance on everything and he pays $230 a month.
    But does he have the simply everything plan? I know it sounds like a lot cuz it is but I have unlimited everything that sprint offers.

Can you guys tell that's it's a better plan out there for less that give u those options?

Nope, I'm not droppin my DSL cuz the data card would only be for my macbook when traveling and in places outside my home that don't have wifi
    04-01-09 06:56 PM
    i would look into a program like tetherberry. its a one time fee that you can just use your current plan to get you internet by tethering your phone to the mac. i believe that they have just opened up the beta for macs
    04-01-09 07:01 PM
    thanx ram. I'll look into that because at first they didn't have it available for the mac.
    04-01-09 07:03 PM
    You can tether without paying some 3rd party, plenty of threads here about it and people have gotten it working with OSX

My dad does have SEP, however I don't know if its a SEP family plan he is on, his BB is SEP I just don't know if they set him up on some crazy multi plan in 1 thing.
    04-01-09 07:20 PM
    yea, I got the tethering via bluetooth working but no one has really found a way to do it using the usb for macs.

Does anyone know if you tether using your phone and you have the unlimited data plan, will it use the data from your web access which according to sprint is truly unlimited or will it affect your downloads which is capped at 5gb?
    04-01-09 07:53 PM
    wow...I have three 8330's SEV DATA FAMILY with 1500 mins..$165 a month...why do you tether???
    dIAL *2 and ask CS..sorry not sure, but bro you are paying waaaaaay to much!!!
    Last edited by j.p.hatfield; 04-01-09 at 07:59 PM.
    04-01-09 07:57 PM
    How much voice are you using a month? When was your last plan upgrade?

I currently have SE Family 1500 shared between 3BBs and a Katana. Have full insurances.

Bill for last month was $185 total.

Also, have you asked about discounts for your employer and/or any organizations you belong to? You can get some nice discounts there, too.

Just trying to help you save some $ here.
    04-01-09 08:08 PM
    I appreciate all the advice but the 1500 min a month plan won't work for us seein as my wife alone uses over 1500 in about 2 weeks. I on the other hand use about 600. Last month she used 4600 minutes alone. So that is why I have to get the totally unlimited family voice plan not the ones that split minutes.

To j.p. I don't tether yet but when I do, it'll only be to have web access when I'm not at home to use my wifi or in an area that has wifi

04-01-09 08:19 PM
    Oh and with the sep plan, sprint will not let u use employer discounts or any other discount. Also they don't offer loyal long time customers much either besides the title of a premier customer :-(

04-01-09 08:21 PM
    Ok, I see you definitely need the talk time, so bust on that.

That's the first I've heard about not getting the discount on SEP, I know 3 people that do, and the same plan you have. I would pursue that a little further, perhaps. I've found that sometimes one person may give you a different tale, but that's for each to decide.

Best of luck getting a setup that works for you!

04-01-09 08:29 PM
    Ok, I've been with Sprint for a little over 6 years now, I luv the service but hate the phone selection but I digress since thats not the point of this thread. What I want to know is if you guys feel that the deal they offered me is a good one, is it fair or is it a no go.

I currently have the Simply Everything Family Plan for $189.99 a month plus taxes and insurance on both phones $14 (one is the BB 8830 and the other is a Sanyo Katana)

I want to add a data card which is $59.99/mo but they offer it to me for $50/mo plus taxes of about $5 so that's like $55/mo.

Our bill is already like $237 a month and adding this data card would make it roughly under $300/mo. Does this sound like a good deal or can I get better?

Does anyone else have this plan? Any feedback would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks CB fam.
    The plan you appear to have is simply everything on both phones and a 50 dollar tether plan on one line.

simply everything family with 2 lines = 189.98
    tether = 59.99 less 9.99 package discount = 50.00
    total per month = 239.98 + tax

So is it a good deal? Yes, better than you could get at another carrier for the same deal. However the above plan does not include any loyalty or monthly discounts.

The real question is, how much usage are your 2 phones getting each month? Are you using more than 1000 anytime minutes per line? If not, a lower level plan may fit you better.

Retention may be able to offer you a discounted non advertised plan, but not likely one that includes unlimited anytime minutes.
    04-01-09 09:29 PM
    Does you family txt??? We barely call any more and if we do its a quick question or when driving(bluetooth).

04-02-09 04:53 AM

Actually the cost you're paying is correct. SEP on 2 lines and add to that the $60 for the aircard. I'm paying one phone less than you. If you have another computer at home, you'd also be able to use the aircard on it too.

Personally, I opted not too. I only use mine when I'm mobile.
    04-02-09 09:16 AM
    Ok, I see you definitely need the talk time, so bust on that.

That's the first I've heard about not getting the discount on SEP, I know 3 people that do, and the same plan you have. I would pursue that a little further, perhaps. I've found that sometimes one person may give you a different tale, but that's for each to decide.

Best of luck getting a setup that works for you!

BK, *technically* no discounts can be applied to SEP.
    04-02-09 09:35 AM
    Looks like that is the only plan that suits you.
    You take complete advantage of the sep which is great.
    I would try using your phone as a modem and if you don't understand it or get it to work then with the aircard for 240 I don't think is bad.
    Tell your wife to stop talking and you could save money, lol
    Then enjoy sleeping in the living room

I would say try using the phone first though

04-02-09 11:09 AM
    I would use your blackberry as a modem, but if you do really want an aircard that is not a bad deal. Since they can't discount the sep, there is nothing that can be done there but your getting 20% on the aircard. Not bad.

04-02-09 11:54 AM

My ex and I had phones under my name. I had a CB, he had a regular phone, but we both had the SEPs. Our bill at the most when he couldn't quit dialing 411 until I threatened to break his hands was maybe $240 after taxes.

The $300 seems a bit much. If your wife's that big of a talker, switch to the SEP. Unlimited everything. My ex owned his own business and blazed through 7000 minutes a month easily.
    04-02-09 01:17 PM
    My ex and I had phones under my name. I had a CB, he had a regular phone, but we both had the SEPs. Our bill at the most when he couldn't quit dialing 411 until I threatened to break his hands was maybe $240 after taxes.

The $300 seems a bit much. If your wife's that big of a talker, switch to the SEP. Unlimited everything. My ex owned his own business and blazed through 7000 minutes a month easily.
    Hi CSun. Based on the prices the OP stated, those are SEP prices for he and his wife. He didn't want anything that offered less minutes because his wife is a talker.
    04-02-09 01:43 PM
    i work for sprint if your trying to just shave some money off the bill, i would suggest keeping the missus on the sep, maybe you can lower your line to a smaller minute plan, may everything data 450, for 69.99+tax (dont remember how many minutes u said u use) and get the data card for the 50.00+tax, apply any discounts to your line and the data card and u should see some saviings (fyi, u do know the new data card plan isnt unlimited anymore?)
    04-04-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD