Hello I have a question for a sprint blackberry user.could you help me? Have you ever had Verizon or AT&T and is the data plan service good with Sprint? I have the 8330 but want to upgrade to 9650(as you know sprint and Verizon will get), because of work i could get a 20% discount monthly. So with the $69.99 plans from Sprint it would be the best choice money wise. I like Verizon, but is Sprint compatible with the Verizon service? Do you have any complains.Thank you so much for your help!
    05-01-10 09:53 PM
    i also have the curve 8330 and will be upgrading to the 9650 bold. and been a Sprint customer for over 10 years, coverage at least in the east coast has been great. also i have drove to MO and had no issues with coverage. and like FFF says Sprint can roam onto Verizon towers where coverage may be spotty so that's also a nice plus, but my phone hardly ever roams. Sprint has never really had issues with coverage and data, most people will say they didn't like them because of poor CS which that has changed dramatically and phone selection, but as you can see Sprint has a pretty good line up already, and more great phones to come this year. lastly the best plans and your discount of 20% how can you go wrong.
    05-02-10 12:27 AM
    I've been a Sprint customer for about 6 years. I get great service where I live, no complaints at all. Customer service is good enough, could be better but good enough for me. Also, I get quite a few discounts on my bill..i have the everything data plan for 69.99$ but after my discounts and what not my bill is about 40$ including taxes so NOBODY and i mean NOBODY can beat that price monthly so Its safe to say I'll be a Sprint customer for a VERY long time.
    05-02-10 12:45 AM
    I also have been with Sprint for over 10yrs. I get good coverage wherever I go. The coverage is very comperable to Verizon's. Sprint actually uses Verizon's towers, so you will like performance.
    05-02-10 12:59 AM
    simply take a look at your local coverage on the maps at sprint's site.. you will not be disappointed about national coverage while travelling... along with many i have been with sprint for over 10yrs and have travelled extensively
    05-02-10 06:44 AM
    Yea, it really depends on where you live and what the signal is like in your area. I live in Des Moines, Iowa and Sprint's signal is great in the Des Moines area, however, when my wife and I travel to our parents homes in Northeast Iowa, we have some areas where our signal is weak. It doesn't bother us because we've never been stuck without a signal. It also helps I get a 27% discount through my work

Check it out, if it doesn't meet your needs switch back to VZW or AT&T...
    05-02-10 09:32 AM
    Definitely depends on where you live and the service there. But for me sprint is just as good or better in some areas than vzw. I had vzw and switched to sprint to save money. I would gladly switch again in a heartbeat.
    05-02-10 12:09 PM
    I've been a Sprint customer for about 6 years. I get great service where I live, no complaints at all. Customer service is good enough, could be better but good enough for me. Also, I get quite a few discounts on my bill..i have the everything data plan for 69.99$ but after my discounts and what not my bill is about 40$ including taxes so NOBODY and i mean NOBODY can beat that price monthly so Its safe to say I'll be a Sprint customer for a VERY long time.
    Im getting that same deal no carrier can beat.
    The bad news is that I cant make excuses to leave Sprint to get a shinny 9700 lol
    05-02-10 12:15 PM
    charlieboca, have you seen the maps of cell phones coverage? noticed 1st is verizon 2nd is sprint 3rd at&t. the gap between sprint and at&t is pretty big.. it doesnt even come close.. sprints is almost identical to verizon just a little less. so yea its pretty good.. check if you have coverage from there website and if your in the zone your good then..
    05-02-10 02:21 PM
    Well I had sprint for about 9 years now..I've been very pleased for the most part rarely do I get drop calls or no service at all..as for the price of plans, I think sprint by far is the cheapest btw verizon and att...I just recently went to south carolina and had no service at all until I went to the city part of the state

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 06:41 PM
    I've had Verizon, Sprint & AT&T and I would say that overall (in my area) Verizon has the best coverage followed very closely by Sprint. There's a few areas where I have spotty coverage with Sprint but never really missed a call or dropped one. I have SPrint now and am very happy. The $30-$40 monthly savings is well worth the slightly reduced coverage.
    05-02-10 08:23 PM
    I have had everything except Big Red and can tell you Sprint has excellent coverage (where I live), I rarely roam or drop calls. And the savings against the other providers is substantial. $69.99/mo for everything under the sun except unlimited minutes and PAM - it is a steal! No extra fee for GPS, no caps, no fuss.

(Plus, I get a 25% employee discount - can't freakin' beat that).

And, if you ever want to roam internationally, the international data plan is amazingly inexpensive and very easy to use. I've done it with my 8330m (Mexico - they use CDMA technology too) and paid something like $8 for a week of unlimited data - not only email like some providers. I wouldn't recommend making phone calls against Sprint's international plan ($2/minute give or take) but the data was amazing.
    05-03-10 12:32 PM
    Great coverage and experience with Sprint. Their customer service is above what I would expect from listening to everyone, and will credit your account if you ask for something that has gone wrong, even if it is just a small credit. They have great coverage everywhere I have gone and great deals with everything they bundle. I only have coverage troubles in big buildings with lots of concrete, mainly in the basements. No problems to speak of.
    05-03-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD