For reasons too long to get into here, I am at a point with ATT that they are offering to switch out my BB with ANY phone that they currently have free of charge.

Long story short since sept. my BB will randomly switch to "sim not allowed" and SOS instead of EDGE.

They have switched out my original curve 3 times, then provisioned a whole new account (new phone # etc...) with a Bold, switched the Bold out with a refurb and now a brand new one, I have had my SIM card replaced at least 10 times and have even had RIM turn on the logging function on my bold and have me send them the log files as the problem was occuring. RIM says its ATT sim losing contact with the network.

Sometime in the next few hours I am going ot have to tell them what phone to send me thats a non BB (I hate this and will switch as soon as my contract is up but for now I am stuck).

So I need advice, main concerns are email (need something that will get me my emails right away and allow at least 7 accounts) and something that can run some sort of VPN or RDP client (could probably work around this one so lets just say email)

ANyone have any suggestions ? and yes, it HAS to be an ATT phone

Thanks in advance
    01-21-10 05:29 PM
    Go with the Nokia E71x. Very good device.
    01-21-10 05:52 PM
    I agree with ag... E71x
    01-21-10 10:00 PM
    I don't. The Iphone does these things very slickly and unless you use corporate email, gmail has BES type push email to cover that need.

I had a 3Gs and returned to BlackBerry; 9700.

IMHO (in my humble opinion) Windows Mobile sucks rotten eggs for serious use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 10:40 PM
    i agree, nokia e71x
    01-22-10 12:01 PM
    This seems like g rous for getting out of your ETF. Can you switch carriersa and stay with BB?
    01-22-10 12:37 PM
    E71x is crippled by AT&T. It is nowhere near as good as original E71. If you can get any phone, ask for an iPhone 3GS.

01-22-10 01:52 PM
    Not sure if there is a way around the push email on the iphone really. I wouldn't go near windows mobile devices. How is are the new google/HTC phones? I haven't really looked at them at all.
    01-22-10 06:18 PM
    Wait until an Android device comes out for ATT and give it a shot. I'm hoping that the Nexus One shows up this spring so I can give one a test drive.
    01-31-10 07:51 AM
    My opinion? Get an iPhone 3GS, unlock it, jailbreak it, and sell it on ebay. Keep your BB! It sounds like an AT&T issue, not a BB issue.
    02-08-10 04:20 PM
    If they will do it get an iPhone 3GS. Doubting they will belly up for one though. Report back!

02-08-10 04:31 PM
    Yes I said iPhone as well.
    02-15-10 09:28 AM
    If BB is not an option definitely go with iPhone. I am having a similar problem and they are still replacing berrys (on number 6 right now). They said no to an iPhone last night when they asked what I wanted, but would give me any other phone. Im waiting on my new one right now. If droid becomes available in the next couple hours go with droid lol.

The HTC phones use windows mobile, stay away...far far away.
    02-22-10 09:00 AM
    The iPhone is dire trash. Do NOT seek it.

If it's AT&T's fault that POS drops calls everywhere, then why do $40 Samsung 3G phones have no trouble in the same areas? Oh, it might possibly be because Samsung doesn't make inferior hardware with a premium pricetag to give the gilded turd the illusion of luxury. It might also be because other phone manufacturers know how to design an antenna for digital RF transceiving. But those companies trust the users well enough to remove their own SIM cards without a paperclip, and to change their own batteries.

Almost every call to AT&T about persistent dropped call issues is from an iPhone user.

I have no opinions on the E71X, but you might want to wait until next month, when the Motorola Backflip launches. At least to see what people think of it.
    02-22-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD