I have been with tmo since 2007, and it is now 2009. I have never gotten a upgrade from them I started with the sidekick 2 which i paid full price, then i got the sidekick slide and paid full price and then i bought the blackberry curve 8320 paid full price for each time signing a new 2 year contract.

In the past 2 months i have had 3 replacement curves, the first was because my original device sound stopped working, the second because they sent me a peice of **** with a internal memory issue and now here i am again with the issue of the sound has stopped working.

this would now be my 4th replacement my upgrade is in 5 months i am in great standing with them i have never even been late on a payment. at what point can i ask to be upgraded due to this insane issue of crappy phones they keep sending me as replacements?
    I have the fav 5 which is still posted a s a plan on their site, i want to keep my plan i have now. but my question is should i try asking for an upgrade now? or keep dealing with 3 new curves a months?
    11-21-09 10:22 PM
    You should be able to get a different phone now by requesting it when you send in that one due to it being faulty but you shouldn't have had to resign a 2 year contract each time you bought a phone at full price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 10:37 PM
    That's my question. Why did you sign contracts when you paid full price for phones? You could have went month to month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 10:46 PM
    I have been with tmo since 2007, and it is now 2009. I have never gotten a upgrade from them I started with the sidekick 2 which i paid full price, then i got the sidekick slide and paid full price and then i bought the blackberry curve 8320 paid full price for each time signing a new 2 year contract.

In the past 2 months i have had 3 replacement curves, the first was because my original device sound stopped working, the second because they sent me a peice of **** with a internal memory issue and now here i am again with the issue of the sound has stopped working.

this would now be my 4th replacement my upgrade is in 5 months i am in great standing with them i have never even been late on a payment. at what point can i ask to be upgraded due to this insane issue of crappy phones they keep sending me as replacements?
    I have the fav 5 which is still posted a s a plan on their site, i want to keep my plan i have now. but my question is should i try asking for an upgrade now? or keep dealing with 3 new curves a months?
    First, thanks for the time update :P

Second, if you paid full price under contract, you were either naive or you were ripped off.

Third, you can upgrade whenever you want, but you pay full price for the phone. I am assuming you won't have a problem with that if you've already previously paid for phones in full.

I'm thinking that when people return phones four and five times at a crack, it's user error.
    11-22-09 12:23 PM
    I'm thinking that when people return phones four and five times at a crack, it's user error.
    I've never gotten this either. There's no way I'd have the patience dealing with multiple returns of any device. I've never returned any BlackBerry I've ever owned and can't imagine returning device after device after device.

Unless the Gods hate you and have jinxed you, there's no way 4 and 5 returns are anything but user error.
    11-22-09 02:09 PM
    I had to replace my 8320 way back in 07 when I first got it due to it going to white screen and got it replace and never looked back. It does happen once or twice but the way it sounds i'd have to agree with the previous poster.. Just my 2cents.
    11-22-09 06:01 PM
    I had to replace my 8320 way back in 07 when I first got it due to it going to white screen and got it replace and never looked back. It does happen once or twice but the way it sounds i'd have to agree with the previous poster.. Just my 2cents.
    One time? Definitely. It can happen.

But 4-5 times on the same model? Nah, something is fishy there.

I'm surprised the carrier allows it. I'd say ... "this model doesn't seem to be working for you sir, we're going to need to try a different phone."

But I wouldn't be willing to keep burning though units over and over.

I'd cut if off at 3.
    11-22-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD