I'm in need of desperate advice here. I'm on my 4th Blkbry in 10 months and this device is repeatingly shutting itself off.

After getting my 1st Device at the end of December it just wouldn't stay on. After having have had to call tech support and not from the device, I also don't have a landline. The service tech recommended I stubbornly re-install the os, after that didn't work I try uninstalling & reinstalling again. Once it once determined I had a defective device they sent me another refurbished/defective unit.

After the Bluetooth wouldn't work on the 2nd Device, the service tech recommended I stubbornly re-install the os, after that didn't work I try uninstalling & reinstalling again. Once it once determined I had a defective device they sent me another refurbished/defective unit.

When the 3rd Device arrived I was having issues right out of the box, couldn't even complete the restore of my original model. Service tech said that this unit should be sent right back, seeing is how it was "unusable" and use the one that didn't have working Bluetooth. He couldn't send another unit till one of the ones I had made it back to them. I explained my situation that I didn't have a landline myself, I can't call to have issues regarding the device from the device itself. This is becoming a huge inconvenience for myself, I'm being milked with Rogers overpriced bills, I followed though on my part of their contract with keeping all of payments up to date. I really need a working phone, this is my only form of contact. Service tech stood by the method that another refurbished/defective unit was the only thing that could be done.

So I sent my 3rd device back, after they received it they sent my 4th {since Jan }. When I received that I had it for the day to make sure their would be no problems before sending the 3rd one back. I had no problems with it in the first day so I sent back #3 on Friday. Now #4 is turning off on it's own. I stubbornly re-installed the os, after that didn't work I tried uninstalling & reinstalling again. I'm still left with my only phone that will not stay on & I'm f'in fed up with all of this bs. Rogers seems only to happy to be shelling out defective units, what do I do now?
    10-18-09 05:11 AM
    get them to upgrade you to a better phone.
    10-18-09 12:02 PM
    I'm dropping in with a update. I got a call from Rogers on Sunday and was told due to my circumstances they were gonna send out a brand new device. The device arrived by UPS this evening and I'm transferring data out of the defective unit to the new one as I type this.
    10-27-09 09:25 PM
    Alright sounds good that they followed up, just so you know most refurbished devices are as good as new, sucks that you got unlucky.

My suggestion is don't install any of the apps, some of this turning off and on may be due to one of your apps malfunctioning, just leave the phone with standard rim apps only and then reinstall apps from scratch and only restore contyacts and messages and such and maybe you'll have better luck.

That suvks though best of luck!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 05:25 PM
    Well I guess 2 months to last was just to much to ask out of the 8220 Blackberry Flip. As of yesterday night my {"A" "S" & "?" all in one key} button stopped working. Well it still works but it takes a considerable amount of effort and only from the lower vary right tip of the key.

Thinking it just maybe some lint or dust, 120psi air compressor should fix this problem, I was wrong. Still convinced that this is something that can be fixed I stopped by my Rogers store on my way home. Rogers won't fix it, I called the 1-800 number, guy actually tried to get me to do the os reinstall for the one button that no longer works.

Now they eagerly want a send me yet another defective... I mean "refurbished" device. After 5 devices in less then a year I'm really not sure whether I want another 8220 or continue with Blackberrys.

If anyone has a fix for stuck buttons please let me know, because I really can't see myself doing #6!
    12-04-09 06:38 PM
    Well I guess 2 months to last was just to much to ask out of the 8220 Blackberry Flip. As of yesterday night my {"A" "S" & "?" all in one key} button stopped working. Well it still works but it takes a considerable amount of effort and only from the lower vary right tip of the key.

Thinking it just maybe some lint or dust, 120psi air compressor should fix this problem, I was wrong. Still convinced that this is something that can be fixed I stopped by my Rogers store on my way home. Rogers won't fix it, I called the 1-800 number, guy actually tried to get me to do the os reinstall for the one button that no longer works.

Now they eagerly want a send me yet another defective... I mean "refurbished" device. After 5 devices in less then a year I'm really not sure whether I want another 8220 or continue with Blackberrys.

If anyone has a fix for stuck buttons please let me know, because I really can't see myself doing #6!
    If everything else seems ok witht he phone and you dont want an other phone that had something wrong with it but we fixed it, the best path may be to just buy a new keyboard and install it. If your nt confirtable doing it yourself many shops will do it.

If your around Montreal I can highly recomend Horizon Wireless in Laval.
    12-04-09 07:59 PM
    Yeah thanks! That's a good idea, or an idea that works for me. Last thing I wanna do is a 6th pin and reprogram another device that may or may not have far more serious issues.

The question I have now is how would I go about getting a keyboard {in Winnipeg} I'm almost positive I'd have to do it online?
    12-04-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD