Not quite sure what's up, and I'm not complaining, that's for sure! Was due for Premier upgrade on 1/1/10 and last week went online and I'm now eligible for the upgrade ($150 discount). Both subs on the account aren't until 1/1. Strange...but good. I'm still hanging in for the Essex though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 06:36 PM
    Not quite sure what's up, and I'm not complaining, that's for sure! Was due for Premier upgrade on 1/1/10 and last week went online and I'm now eligible for the upgrade ($150 discount). Both subs on the account aren't until 1/1. Strange...but good. I'm still hanging in for the Essex though.

My account was eligible 12/1/09 and about Nov 21 I noticed it was allowing an upgrade.
    12-02-09 07:43 PM
    Just a tactic to get you to commit to them for another 2 yrs. With good deals this time of year take full advantage!
    12-02-09 07:48 PM
    As tactics go...this is the kind I like! But...must wait for Essex...must wait for Essex...

12-02-09 08:29 PM
    After I read this post I went straight to my Sprint account online and immediately saw $150 instead of the old $75 button as of yesterday. I was so excited until I paused and looked at text on the button.

"Wait until 2/1 and save $150"

That's BS.

I think Sprint is doing this to remind me "hey, your contract is almost up. Don't be tempted to buy new phones/service from other carrier for Christmas. Just hang on and you can get new phones on 2/1/10".

This is making me mad at Sprint.
    Last edited by leskchan; 12-03-09 at 11:06 AM.
    12-02-09 09:29 PM
    After I read this post I went straight to my Sprint account online and immediately saw $150 instead of the old $75 button, that was yesterday. I was excited until I paused and looked at text on the button.

"Wait until 2/1 and save $150"

That's BS.

I think Sprint is doing this to remind me "hey, your contract is almost up. Don't be tempted to buy new phones/service from other carrier for Christmas. Just hang on and you can get new phones on 2/1/10".

This is making me mad.at Sprint.
    Why mad? We're getting some pretty spectactular equipment for pennies on the dollar for agreeing to give them our service. A service that's price competitive (and then some with the any mobile any where added on).
    So they ask you to wait 12 months (premier account) or 22 months to take advantage of great phone savings. You agreed to it. Take your lumps.
    I once paid 400 dollars for a Palm, non phone device. Now I have all that and much more, and I could get a new one for 49 dollars with contract extension.
    You know they're taking a hit on that.
    12-02-09 10:59 PM
    I don't mind waiting per contract. I was fine seeing the $75 button, but don't promo me with $150 button then a disclaimer.

12-02-09 11:08 PM
    I don't mind waiting per contract. I was fine seeing the $75 button, but don't promo me with $150 button then a disclaimer.
    I can understand your being excited then frustrated. I went from 75.00 when my account was messed up to 150.00. Been there for a while then all the sudden, it was changed to "Upgrade this phone now".

Still with deals posted here about RatShack and BestBuy for 99.00 with the Tour 1. Seems better than going through Sprint with rebate. Rebate will help me when the new Tour comes out as I assume there won't be much discounting going on with it.

12-03-09 02:59 AM
    2 of my phones can get $150 upgrades since of 12/1 .. my phone primary isnt tell FEB im just waiting to see what new google phones will be out there for dec/feb anyways..
    12-03-09 04:26 AM
    I am new here and have a curve 8330. What is the Essex that is coming out? I know they are coming out with curve 2 and the tour.
    12-03-09 02:59 PM
    The Essex is the Code name for the Tour 2 that will be coming out.
    12-03-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD