i've had a curve 8330 for a while and i'm on my 2nd device from manufacturer defects... (the 2nd sprint sent was a refurb) ...

i can wait till 12/01/09 for my $75-off upgrade... but if i want to upgrade to the Tour or Hero.. im still looking at +$350....

theres got to be a better, fairer way for me to upgrade to a more recent phone.
    11-18-09 11:14 AM
    Well, if you're gonna do the Tour. Might as well wait till the Essex is released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 11:38 AM
    What plan do you have? If you are on any of the Everything plans, even the sep450, you should be considered premier and will get the new cust pricing after 12 months. If you have a powerpack type of plan where you add on data to a voice plan you probably won't qualify as addons don't count toward the minimum amounts to qualify for premier. Depends on your plan basically. Qualify as premier full upgrade after 12 months, if you don't will either have to wait another 10 months or go with the $75.00 upgrade credit.
    11-18-09 12:33 PM
    I'm a premier customer, I have been eligible for my 1 year upgrade for about 6 months or so, just went to best buy last week and upgraded to a tour (from 8330) and it cost me $150 out the door (I missed the sale where they were selling it for $99). I had to sign a new 2 year contract. Nice part about buying from best buy is no hassle with mail-in rebates and all that crap.

Also, I guess just recently Sprint has joined what other carriers have been doing with early termination fees, every month, the ETF goes down by $10 until it hits $50 and stays there. So after 10 months, my ETF would only be $100. Good to know, seems this is the way it should have been all along.
    11-18-09 12:43 PM
    my UG has been good since august 1 09 and i have been patiently waiting for the essex. i would suggest you do the same.
    11-18-09 12:47 PM
    go with hero! sure is spendy though
    11-18-09 12:55 PM
    im moving to chicago.. really debating dropping sprint for not giving me a good upgrade price on a new phone and going w/ t-mobile or verizon

t-mobiles service in chicago should be fine,as they are in most cities.

i'm getting tired of my 8330 when i see the tour, and the hero everywhere... im bored with this thing and its BB 4.X OS
    11-19-09 05:49 PM
    go with hero! sure is spendy though
    Get to Best Buy. $99 for the Hero, no mail in rebates.

im bored with this thing and its BB 4.X OS
    If all your complaining is about getting 5.0 on your 8330. Get 5.0 on your 8330.

But if you want something more, the Hero is nice, the Droid is better. (carriers notwithstanding)
    11-20-09 12:36 AM
    does it matter to best buy that im only eligible for the 12 month upgrade of $75?
    11-20-09 04:53 PM
    im moving to chicago.. really debating dropping sprint for not giving me a good upgrade price on a new phone and going w/ t-mobile or verizon

t-mobiles service in chicago should be fine,as they are in most cities.

i'm getting tired of my 8330 when i see the tour, and the hero everywhere... im bored with this thing and its BB 4.X OS
    ur making a mistake . t-mobiles service is chicago is crap. if you love drop calls then go ahead. and verizon's service in chicago is less then sprint. try going to downtown with verizon;s coverage you wont even get 1 bar.... and if your leaving sprint for not giving u a good upgrade price then maybe u should go to tomobile . sprint has the same rules when upgrading unless your tryign to get somethin free...
    11-20-09 06:44 PM
    Also, I guess just recently Sprint has joined what other carriers have been doing with early termination fees, every month, the ETF goes down by $10 until it hits $50 and stays there. So after 10 months, my ETF would only be $100. Good to know, seems this is the way it should have been all along.
    The ETF does not start to decrease until month 6 so after 10 months your ETF would be $160.
    11-20-09 07:19 PM
    i've had a curve 8330 for a while and i'm on my 2nd device from manufacturer defects... (the 2nd sprint sent was a refurb) ...

i can wait till 12/01/09 for my $75-off upgrade... but if i want to upgrade to the Tour or Hero.. im still looking at +$350....

theres got to be a better, fairer way for me to upgrade to a more recent phone.
    What's a fair upgrade to you after 12 months? You want them to give you a $550 phone for $150 every 12 months you're going to have to give them something in return (for example a plan that's at least $69.99 a month)

Oh and just an FYI, even if you upgrade your plan to the ED450 for $69.99 your plan must be paid on time and at least at a $69.99 avg for 90 DAYS
    before it will kick through the system and set you up to be eligible for premier status, from there the 12 months will go from the date of the last upgrade on the acct. So if your HUP is $75 on 12/01/09 and you switch to the ED450 soon, you're still looking at a 3 month wait (March-ish) before you'll get that $150.
    11-21-09 02:34 AM
    +1 Babyk80

Jumping ship because you cant get a 2 year upgrade price after 1 year (apparently your not a Premier Customer) is pretty damn funny. Good luck finding another carrier that will give you new customer pricing every year.

The best you can do is pay retail and get your discount, then sell your Curve. Alternatively, you may search Ebay/Craigslist for the Tour and then sell your Curve to offset the cost. Just depends on what they are going for online vs buying direct from Sprint/BestBuy.
    11-21-09 01:37 PM
    What's a fair upgrade to you after 12 months? You want them to give you a $550 phone for $150 every 12 months you're going to have to give them something in return (for example a plan that's at least $69.99 a month)

Oh and just an FYI, even if you upgrade your plan to the ED450 for $69.99 your plan must be paid on time and at least at a $69.99 avg for 90 DAYS before it will kick through the system and set you up to be eligible for premier status, from there the 12 months will go from the date of the last upgrade on the acct. So if your HUP is $75 on 12/01/09 and you switch to the ED450 soon, you're still looking at a 3 month wait (March-ish) before you'll get that $150.
    whoa! my apologies if i seem to have struck a nerve with you.

My gripe right now is that i'm on my 3rd blackberry in 30 days, and feel that sprint should give me some kind of credit for all this phone swapping because of the manufacturer defects that i've been dealing with.

i'd pay $200 for the hero... not $375...

i'm not complaining about my "non premier" status-- i'm on a employee plan paying half what everyone else pays for all and everything.

if the first two phones they sent me didnt have defects.. i probably wouldnt even be complaining.
    11-21-09 03:25 PM
    if youe still within 30 days try another phone?
    try the hero
    try the tour
    thats why they have the 30 day guarantee.

what kinda defects has your curve had?
    11-21-09 06:14 PM
    whoa! my apologies if i seem to have struck a nerve with you.

My gripe right now is that i'm on my 3rd blackberry in 30 days, and feel that sprint should give me some kind of credit for all this phone swapping because of the manufacturer defects that i've been dealing with.

i'd pay $200 for the hero... not $375...

i'm not complaining about my "non premier" status-- i'm on a employee plan paying half what everyone else pays for all and everything.

if the first two phones they sent me didnt have defects.. i probably wouldnt even be complaining.
    You didn't strike a nerve w/me at all actually. I was just stating facts. Also remember....those are manufactorer defects. Sprint's not the manufactorer. Granted yes Sprint is selling their product BUT you're getting it replaced right? There's always a sh*t one in the bunch, even if you have the newest, truest, best device out there. So take a deep breath and know that you'll get one that works eventually or they'll get you into another model that better suits you and the functionalities you're looking for. No credits are being given because they're working w/you to get you a device that functions. Had they just told you to hang on the POS and quit your b*tchin then I'd say some credits are due.

What are the issues your having with the phone that's caused you to have to return/replace it 3 times in 30 days?
    11-22-09 12:31 AM
    my friend bought the hero and wow that is a great phone
    11-22-09 12:56 PM
    if youe still within 30 days try another phone?
    try the hero
    try the tour
    thats why they have the 30 day guarantee.

what kinda defects has your curve had?
    the first one lasted me ~11 months before the keyboard stopped co-operating..

the 2nd one had a loose usb port and would not charge no matter how many cables i tried to use. i had to keep swapping batteries with a friends old 8310.

the 3rd one is working okay so far.. but its only been 3 days.. time will tell.
    11-22-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD