With the recent cancellation of T-Mobile's contract by BlackBerry we are porting our three lines with Z10s to AT&T. There is no point in staying with the inferior network with the loss of support. Anything we need to do besides plug in AT&T sim cards into unlocked phones and call customer service for the port?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 12:13 AM
    With the recent cancellation of T-Mobile's contract by BlackBerry we are porting our three lines with Z10s to AT&T. There is no point in staying with the inferior network with the loss of support. Anything we need to do besides plug in AT&T sim cards into unlocked phones and call customer service for the port?
    Luckily, I believe most of the T-Mobile-specific BB10 devices will work on AT&T with pretty much full capability, which is not necessarily true going the other way. (There are 2 variants of the STL100-3 version of the Z10, one is best suited for T-Mobile, and the other is best suited to AT&T. Here is a discussion about it, though I think the OP didn't have all the updated info originally, might have to read through the thread a bit):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-775253/

What OS version are you running? AT&T has never released anything past 10.1, so you'll be on your own if you want something modern.

Not that that's a big problem, it's pretty easy to update the devices with official versions released by other carriers, and the 10.2.1.2228 that T-Mobile recently released should work perfectly fine, though you will not get WiFi calling on AT&T.
    Mozdony likes this.
    04-03-14 02:15 AM
    Luckily, I believe most of the T-Mobile-specific BB10 devices will work on AT&T with pretty much full capability, which is not necessarily true going the other way. (There are 2 variants of the STL100-3 version of the Z10, one is best suited for T-Mobile, and the other is best suited to AT&T. Here is a discussion about it, though I think the OP didn't have all the updated info originally, might have to read through the thread a bit):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-775253/
    The thread you linked above is over a year old and doesn't cover what's been discovered in the interim. I currently own both the Z10 -3 91LW and 121LW variants and confirmed with 100% definitive certainty that they have identical radio support, including the previously questioned 1700 MHz HSPA+ service on Tmo. As long as someone has an unlocked -3 model then their handset is fully interchangeable across both blue and magenta.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:49 AM
    Running 10.2.1.2156...

Don't really care about wifi calling as it never really worked all that well on most public access wifi hot spots to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 06:55 AM
    I would not be so quick to leave T-Mobile, after all you did get an update and AT&T has not released one for almost a year. So until they do you would not be receiving any benefit by switching carriers. The official AT&T release is still 10.1 and most Crackberry members have used autoloader or Sachesi to update. You can do the same on T-M in the future too. You need to examine what the coverage area is for each carrier in your area and determine your own needs. Many AT&T members jumped ship and went to T-M. Except for maybe better coverage I am not sure there is any real benefit for you to leave and come to AT&T at this time
    04-03-14 09:37 AM
    Thing is with the cancellation if Tmobile's contract you are guaranteed to nor get any future updates. With their "get rid of your blackberry" promotion I don't know if they would have done much anyway. And the network truly sucks.

With BBM the international text message issue and wifi calling issue has gone away for me. Might as well switch.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 06:26 PM
    don't forget to take advantage of this.
    Moving to AT&T from T-Mobile, any tips?-img_0901.png

Posted via CB10
    jose_trevizo and Avenzuno like this.
    04-03-14 06:32 PM
    Modifier's post is 100% correct. Any unlocked Z10 STL100-3 will get all the AT&T and T-Mobile bands. I have verified this myself also. Another thing to consider is AT&T has MUCH better coverage. For a while I had a Z10 on T-Mobile and AT&T and at least in my area there was a huge difference in not only LTE coverage but coverage in general.
    One last thing, I think when you switch to AT&T you get a $100 bill credit for every line. So if you have 3 lines to switch over I think you will get a total of $300 in credit after 45 days.
    T-Mobile may be a little cheaper in most cases but you will be a lot happier with AT&T's coverage and LTE speeds. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by STL100-3; 04-03-14 at 08:10 PM. Reason: corrected sentence
    04-03-14 08:06 PM
    don't forget to take advantage of this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0901.png 
Views:	1279 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	260570

I just tried the URL listed in that promo screenshot and got a "page not found" error from bit.ly. (Who apparently manages the short URL's for ATT, I suppose)

This is the link I used:

http://soc.att.com/1j6dnld
    soyMisael likes this.
    04-04-14 03:11 AM
    I'm on AT&T and I did the switch myself. I too have unlocked phones and they work great. WiFi and all. Coverage and reliability are awesome. Way better than Tmo. I got the $300 after 45 days for new lines. And I'm paying $145 for 3 lines on nationwide plans with unlimited calls and text with 10gb shared family plan. That's for bringing your own device. So I'm still off contract. Great deal!! I'm happy. Atleast they've got carrier support and 10.2 will be out tho I upgrade thru sachesi anyways. Customer service is really good as well. Just my two cents.

Posted via TheBATBerry Q10
    04-04-14 03:30 AM
    Request the port close to the end of your billing cycle with T-Mobile. You will be charged for a full month of service, so try to use as much of that month as possible before porting. Port out one or two days before the last day of your billing cycle.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-04-14 03:40 AM
    I just tried the URL listed in that promo screenshot and got a "page not found" error from bit.ly. (Who apparently manages the short URL's for ATT, I suppose)

This is the link I used:

http://soc.att.com/1j6dnld

I looked it up and it seems AT&T's own link is bad.

Here is the tweet page:

https://twitter.com/ATT/status/451821371484831744
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-04-14 04:44 AM
    I did the port to AT&T from T-Mobile when I ordered a SIM online. This was on a Friday. My billing cycle started new the next Tuesday. I got the SIM on Monday and had trouble activating online (I was already activated). OK. I guess porting automatically did that. But...AT&T started billing me on that Friday, 3 days before I had the SIM. They were nice enough about it and credited me, but it pays to be diligent.
    04-06-14 12:33 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I did the switch myself. I too have unlocked phones and they work great. WiFi and all. Coverage and reliability are awesome. Way better than Tmo. I got the $300 after 45 days for new lines. And I'm paying $145 for 3 lines on nationwide plans with unlimited calls and text with 10gb shared family plan. That's for bringing your own device. So I'm still off contract. Great deal!! I'm happy. Atleast they've got carrier support and 10.2 will be out tho I upgrade thru sachesi anyways. Customer service is really good as well. Just my two cents.

Posted via TheBATBerry Q10
    How can you say AT&T has carrier support for BB when they cannot even upgrade to 10.2.0.? Yes they carry the phone but they have for 10 months kept saying when asked where the updates are that they are "testing". I don't believe any U.S. carrier can say they fully support BB.
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    04-06-14 10:28 PM
    Tip: prepare for your wallet to be way skinnier than before. Prepare for no software updates. Prepare for no LTE on a Z30.

I'm sure I'll be attacked now. But if you're really that pissed off and money is no object then have at it.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    Johberry likes this.
    04-06-14 11:20 PM
    I remember when I had my original iPhone. I bought it in January 08, and in June of 08 the iphone 3G came out. In September of 08 the 2G service at my shop went from 4 bars to 1 bar, almost overnight. When I called to complain I was told that "AT&T doesn't guarantee service", right after they told me that most of the towers in my area had been converted to 3G, to meet the network demands of the new iPhone customers. They adamantly refused to give me any sort of upgrade consideration, and made clear to me that if I wanted to stay in the iPhone game I would need to drop $600 on a new 3G to maintain useful service. I had just dropped $400 on the original iPhone in January.

Hopefully you will have better luck with AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:37 PM
    Well work moved our office and now att has no signal at all. I'm contract free so going to another carrier wont be too hard. If I have to switch might as well look into a new bb during the process. Maybe a carrier that's better with the updates than att was.
    04-08-14 07:14 AM
    I agree that you should make sure you're going to get comparable service and a comparable price. I'm from outside of LA, and my LTE With T-Mobile has been as high as 40 megs. I don't have any reason to go pay more for a company that hasn't even released 10.2.1, just because I'm pissed off at T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    rcab likes this.
    04-08-14 07:42 AM
    Be patient with updates...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:13 PM
    Here is my tip: don't do it. AT&T is the worst company on earth. Dropping them ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-14-14 09:35 AM
    An then there's the people......they are offering credit not if you switch to Att with a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:38 PM
    Okay, so I finally got my phones unlocked and reached the end of the Tmobile billing cycle. Called ATT and submitted the port requests and gave them the IMEIs for the phone. I did take the precaution of getting online and getting new ATT sim cards online so they would be in hand when I did all this. The rep said to plug in my new sim cards and it would start working. Shut off the phone, rebooted. It connected to wifi and downloaded the 2179 OS update and is now booting with a ATT logo but is saying the sim is not provisioned?
    06-09-14 02:07 PM
    In the end I had to go to the store to get it done, but it went very smoothly once there. The network is fantastic compared to Tmobile. I rarely fall below three bars. I would recommend going to the store if you want to do this, the 800 customer service line isn't very capable of handling BYOD switchers in a competent way.

Posted via CB10
    NotGoodIMO likes this.
    06-10-14 06:57 PM
    In the end I had to go to the store to get it done, but it went very smoothly once there. The network is fantastic compared to Tmobile. I rarely fall below three bars. I would recommend going to the store if you want to do this, the 800 customer service line isn't very capable of handling BYOD switchers in a competent way.

Posted via CB10
    Good for you. T-mobile sucks big time and the way they treated Blackberry shows that they don't care about Blackberry customers at all. At least other carriers pretend to be nice.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-10-14 07:07 PM
    Patience, patience and patience. Always have paper and pen nearby to write and cross reference. Good luck.
    06-17-14 02:08 AM