It's possible that this has been posted already in a different forum, but Time Magazine's list of "The Top 10 Everything of 2009" put Motorola's Droid as the #1 Gadget of 2009...

Motorola Droid - The Top 10 Everything of 2009 - TIME
    12-10-09 08:47 AM
    It's possible that this has been posted already in a different forum, but Time Magazine's list of "The Top 10 Everything of 2009" put Motorola's Droid as the #1 Gadget of 2009...

Motorola Droid - The Top 10 Everything of 2009 - TIME
    That it is gadget of the year and not phone of the year says it all.
    12-10-09 09:33 AM
    but it says kick-*ss
    12-10-09 09:45 AM
    That it is gadget of the year and not phone of the year says it all.
    I didn't get a chance to read the entire list of Top 10s... but I didn't think there was a Top 10 phones....
    12-10-09 10:24 AM
    Gadget of the year... gadget isn't something that is necessarily useful.

Plus, we are talking Time here. Generalissimo & Mme Chiang Kai-Shekm, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin (twice), Nikita Krushchev, Lyndon B. Johnson (twice), Richard Nixon (twice), Ayatullah Khomeini, Vladimir Putin, Barack Obama, Jimmy Carter - all "Man of the Year"...
    12-10-09 11:01 PM
    Plus, we are talking Time here. Generalissimo & Mme Chiang Kai-Shekm, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin (twice), Nikita Krushchev, Lyndon B. Johnson (twice), Richard Nixon (twice), Ayatullah Khomeini, Vladimir Putin, Barack Obama, Jimmy Carter - all "Man of the Year"...
    It's important to differentiate this from Time's Man of the Year, which is in no way a "Best of" award. That goes to the person who they think, "for better or worse, has most influenced events in the preceding year."

The list linked in the OP is actually being billed as a "Top 10," implying they believe the Droid was the top gadget of the year. I'm not sure I agree, but Droid is the only combination of device and carrier that really had me interested this year, so maybe...
    12-11-09 12:57 AM
    The Droid was a great concept wrapped in a bad design. Much like my Tour, it's a love-hate relationship.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 01:05 AM
    I expect some droid hating in this forum but I have to draw the line at ppl mentioning Hitler in the same breath. lol

My droid aint perfect but I can see it being the best gadget. I don't see anything else blowing it out of the water. Mostly, it's a sign of things to come.
    12-12-09 09:11 AM
    I think the Droid is a great device... And definitely a good sign of things to come...

I'm still waiting for this HTC Passion-esque phone to come out...
    12-12-09 12:36 PM
    Meh. I dont like the Droid at all. I really dont get what all the hype is about... I played with one and there is nothing special about it.. People make the phone seem like its amazing, but its really not... It just another smartphone...
    12-12-09 01:57 PM
    Gadget of the year... gadget isn't something that is necessarily useful.

And Gandhi, Einstein, Churchill, FDR, Eisenhower, JFK, MLK, Reagan and, of course The Computer.
    12-12-09 02:08 PM
    The Computer.
    wtf? computer was man of the year??? or did I read that wrong lol
    12-12-09 02:11 PM
    The Droid is great! It is ugly...but ugly things need love too I honestly cant wait too see android 2 years from now and what they do with it.
    12-13-09 11:39 AM
    It reminds me of a delorean from back to the future but I love that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD