I will keep posting new Ad's I see but look here!

Two Phones (Found this kind of funny)

Postcards Part 1

Postcards part 2

Some heat coming on here...

Any comment on these? I think they are finally hitting up on the advantage of Voice/Data at the same time.
    11-22-09 03:30 PM
    The two phone one is a little misleading. ATT doesn't point out that with a Bluetooth headset you could talk on phone one hands free while looking up something on the web on phone 2.
    11-22-09 04:27 PM
    yeah i do like surfing and talking on my iPhone
    11-22-09 04:44 PM
    Wow I see this is going to keep getting ugly between these two. We'll see with 4th quarter results who really benefited with these attack ads, or if they really had any effect at all.
    11-22-09 05:10 PM
    Wow I see this is going to keep getting ugly between these two. We'll see with 4th quarter results who really benefited with these attack ads, or if they really had any effect at all.
    That's what I'm looking forward to also! AT&T is definitely on the defensive though...
    Last edited by Gawain; 11-22-09 at 07:43 PM.
    11-22-09 07:41 PM
    the 2phones ad is just funny to me, and not everyone likes to use blue tooth headsets, or keep 2 phones on them. That is the point.
    11-22-09 07:58 PM
    the 2phones ad is just funny to me, and not everyone likes to use blue tooth headsets, or keep 2 phones on them. That is the point.
    As I stated in another forum to your same post, the misleading part referred to ATT's claims in their failed lawsuit against the Map ads. That ad applies to about 22 people who do that or want to. The other 79,999,991 people on ATT as well as an additional 88,999,987 on Verizon could care less.
    I'll stick with my two phones and map over your one phone and tiny map.
    11-22-09 08:11 PM
    As I stated in another forum to your same post, the misleading part referred to ATT's claims in their failed lawsuit against the Map ads. That ad applies to about 22 people who do that or want to. The other 79,999,991 people on ATT as well as an additional 88,999,987 on Verizon could care less.
    I'll stick with my two phones and map over your one phone and tiny map.
    The map isn't tiny. For instance, you notice they had to change the good boy, bad boy, Christmas elf ad, saying good luck surfing the web on that one? You can still surf the web with Edge, its obviously not as fast. VZW was blatantly misleading in their adds. AT&T may not have the same 3G coverage, but combined with their Edge network they expand as far as VZW does country wide. I'm sure you'll point out, that you are one of those country wide travelers who simply needs 3G everywhere, because loading a web page five seconds faster than having to wait for Edge would lose you some huge business deal or whatever. Bottom line, AT&T's 3G network may be small, but their Edge network is not, and they have as much as Voice and Data coverage as any carrier.

You'd rather carry two phones and pay the ridiculous fee's VZW charges, so you can talk on one phone and surf on the other? I thought you were kidding in the post saying that you can use a BT headset, and surf with the other phone. Who the H e l l would want to pay for two phones, just to do that? Even you are not that important, that you can't wait the fifteen seconds to get off the phone, to resume your browsing.
    11-22-09 08:18 PM
    The postcard add was pathetic. It doesnt even address the Verizon claims. I guess if you cant compete on 3G coverage, change the argument to overall coverage and pretend like you win the argument. Fail.
    11-23-09 09:35 AM
    The map isn't tiny. For instance, you notice they had to change the good boy, bad boy, Christmas elf ad, saying good luck surfing the web on that one? You can still surf the web with Edge, its obviously not as fast. VZW was blatantly misleading in their adds. AT&T may not have the same 3G coverage, but combined with their Edge network they expand as far as VZW does country wide. I'm sure you'll point out, that you are one of those country wide travelers who simply needs 3G everywhere, because loading a web page five seconds faster than having to wait for Edge would lose you some huge business deal or whatever. Bottom line, AT&T's 3G network may be small, but their Edge network is not, and they have as much as Voice and Data coverage as any carrier.
    Bang! You have just shot down one of ATT's points - fastest 3G. Way to go. BTW, I'm retired and use the internet on my phone rarely. I do use it in my home area, though, and it is 3G. That is something that an ATT user can't do, even with EDGE. An ATT user can't even make a call here! I live about 25 miles from the coast in Georgia

You'd rather carry two phones and pay the ridiculous fee's VZW charges, so you can talk on one phone and surf on the other? I thought you were kidding in the post saying that you can use a BT headset, and surf with the other phone. Who the H e l l would want to pay for two phones, just to do that? Even you are not that important, that you can't wait the fifteen seconds to get off the phone, to resume your browsing.
    Bang! Bang! Again you counter an ATT point. As a matter of fact, thank you for backing up the point I was trying to make. Are you a VZW rep?
    There are many cell phone users on this forum and others with all carriers who have more than one phone. Heck, some of them have multiple phones with multiple carriers. One ATT guy even has a backup phone for his iPhone that he switches his SIM and takes with him in tornadoes and hurricanes. I don't use two phones. I was using irony to make a statement. From this thread I guess I shouldn't use sarcasm (although you sorta caught that in my first post - I wasn't trying to be funny just sarcastic) or irony 'cause they can't be comprehended by everyone.
    As to the fees, ATT and Verizon have about the same fee structure. About the only thing ATT has over VZW is Rollover and since my family uses only about half our minutes every month, that isn't a factor.
    11-23-09 10:21 AM
    The postcard add was pathetic. It doesnt even address the Verizon claims. I guess if you cant compete on 3G coverage, change the argument to overall coverage and pretend like you win the argument. Fail.
    I think all AT&T was trying to do is show that they have coverage outside of the areas Verizon wireless showed 3G coverage with AT&T and all those white spots. I think AT&T is just trying to back up its statement when they say Verizon's ad's are making people think there is no coverage outside those 3G spots.
    11-23-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD