I have the "Blackberry Unlimited Web" service, but not "BlackBerry Unlimited International E-mail" as I don't need pushed email.

Question: When I'm overseas, does the "unlimited" still apply, or is there a charge for using data?

Thanks

m
    05-18-09 09:09 AM
    you will get charged extra.
    05-18-09 03:58 PM
    I've been charged extra in the past. Some people on the threads say they didn't incur extra charges. Tmobile CSR's say you will be charged. I believe you will be charged.
    05-18-09 04:01 PM
    Thanks. So if I had the international email option, would I not get charged for data overseas?

m
    05-18-09 04:55 PM
    Thanks. So if I had the international email option, would I not get charged for data overseas?

m
    I have had the unlimited international email plan for two years and have been all over Europe and Asia and have never been charged one red cent for data roaming.
    05-18-09 05:34 PM
    Not to be dense ... so does that mean the unlimited international email plan includes data? If that's the case, could I drop the "unlimited web service" and just have the email plan, and still have the same unlimited data? Is it just me, or is this confusing???
    05-18-09 06:40 PM
    Some will tell you that they have incurred roaming charges for using data abroad under the Unlimited International E-Mail Plan. I never have incurred any roaming charges for PINs or internet coverage while in Europe and Asia (this includes teathering). I wasn't sure what to expect until I got my bill and saw that I wasn't being charged at all for data. I would just caution that this is my personal experience and I wouldn't want you to incur a massive bill because my plan/situation differed from yours in some way.
    05-18-09 06:45 PM
    More important to establish that the official policy is to charge you for roaming data. T-Mobile is more actively enforcing policies now, so we won't know until you return. Like others, I too have never been billed but that doesn't mean you won't or can't be.
    05-18-09 06:53 PM
    More important to establish that the official policy is to charge you for roaming data. T-Mobile is more actively enforcing policies now, so we won't know until you return. Like others, I too have never been billed but that doesn't mean you won't or can't be.
    Yes, you're right. But the day the do, I'm bolting to AT&T. As much as I like T-Mobile, the amount of data I use would result in ridiculous charges. I can understand charging me $1-$3/min for voice, because everyone does that, but if AT&T is offering unlimited international data, T-Mobile should, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 09:49 AM
    I just came back from peru surfed the web allot with international email......I got a $5500 bill ridiculous....I am complaining ....I read that many people in the forum didnt get billed so I went ahead and surprise $5500....be careful
    05-28-09 09:27 AM

m
    TMo starts charging for data service as of my April & May billings, previously they never had done so. BTW I switch to 8900 from the Pearl 8100.
    05-30-09 03:13 AM
    OK, time to flog a dead horse.

Tmo is promoting this web2go service through T-zones: "Browsing web2go and even listening to samples is free." So... Is this just a branded browser that has the same pricing restrictions as the blackberry browser?

I assume it's just different/confusing language for the same thing, but I can't help keeping the fantasy alive...

m
    05-31-09 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD