So I just won a Bold 9700 tonight thanks to you guys, and I'm planning to go with Rogers or Bell.

Would either allow me to just go on a month to month plan since I am NOT buying a phone?

Thanks!
    Last edited by AngryChineseDriver.com; 11-07-09 at 02:31 AM.
    11-06-09 08:18 PM
    I guess nobody knows?
    11-08-09 07:36 PM
    I'll go out on a limb here and say no. Of course I dont work for Rogers but I bet when you call them to activate service they will say something like promotional features require a contract term, or something like that.
    11-08-09 07:47 PM
    I've asked in the Rogers Reps thread here at CB but no response...and I don't want to call Rogers and have to wait an hour or two on the line just for a five-second answer.

But if it IS no, I guess they just lost a customer.
    11-08-09 07:56 PM
    call then, itll take 15 mins

where will u go? telus or bell who have the same rules?
    11-08-09 07:58 PM
    I am sure they will lose a lot of sleep knowing you will try to go elsewhere.
    11-08-09 07:58 PM
    If your not on a contract with them, yes you could go month to month with them, why wouldn't they let you!? They will still be making money off of you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 08:33 PM
    I'm not sure if they allow you to use data month-to-month
    11-08-09 08:44 PM
    I kinda remember asking a rogers rep at the call centre this and I believe you can use data month to month but it was something ********, and prices were high

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 09:02 PM
    You can. I just signed up 7 days ago on Rogers' M2M. Their cheapest options were a $50 voice plan including 450 mins, and a $25 data plan including 500GB (well I guess you could go $15 email only)... no bells & whistles like voice mail, etc. Bell website seems cheaper but I don't know if they're only showing contract plans like Rogers is.
    11-08-09 09:22 PM
    Selling it?
    11-09-09 12:46 AM
    You can. I just signed up 7 days ago on Rogers' M2M. Their cheapest options were a $50 voice plan including 450 mins, and a $25 data plan including 500GB (well I guess you could go $15 email only)... no bells & whistles like voice mail, etc. Bell website seems cheaper but I don't know if they're only showing contract plans like Rogers is.
    Thanks, Jeff -- that's going to be painful but I guess I'll just have to suck it up, since I'll have no bargaining power. Bellus will probably have something similar, I'll need to head to a Bell store to find out.

I am sure they will lose a lot of sleep knowing you will try to go elsewhere.
    Really? Was that necessary? I asked for help, not for some smartass response to a rhetorical statement.

Thanks to everyone else who provided constructive help.
    11-09-09 06:29 AM
    So I just won a Bold 9700 tonight thanks to you guys, and I'm planning to go with Rogers or Bell.

Would either allow me to just go on a month to month plan since I am NOT buying a phone?

Thanks!
    Bell will sell you a SIM Card on-line for $ 5.00 with no contract, but you still need to buy a plan. Visit their website at SIM card
    11-09-09 09:31 AM
    Thanks, Jeff -- that's going to be painful but I guess I'll just have to suck it up, since I'll have no bargaining power. Bellus will probably have something similar, I'll need to head to a Bell store to find out.
    Bell seems to be the reverse of Rogers (i.e. cheap voice but more expensive data) but DOES include all the bells & whistles - seems like the better deal to me.
    11-09-09 10:05 AM
    Bell will sell you a SIM Card on-line for $ 5.00 with no contract, but you still need to buy a plan. Visit their website at SIM card
    Really weird...I checked the site two days ago and there was NO option other than 3yr. Now there are 2, 1, and NC options.

Bell seems to be the reverse of Rogers (i.e. cheap voice but more expensive data) but DOES include all the bells & whistles - seems like the better deal to me.
    According to the Bell website, at the sim card page it says "Once you have a SIM card, choose a Bell rate plan that's right for you." which I infer to mean that the rates and plans will be the exact same whether you're on contract or not.
    11-09-09 04:37 PM
    yea as others posted, it kind of sucks, but it is what it is:

ummm, a lot of the bundles of plans have a 3 year commitment, keep in mind though the data plans the 3 year commitment for breaking them only costs you a maximum of 100$ for the DECF. So a lot of the time the savings on that is huge, so it might be good to go with a no commitment voice plan and then select a commitment data plan and worst case scenario you pay the $100 but because of the savings youve gotten you really have saved in the big scheme of things.

Stay away from the voice ecf its a max of $400
    11-09-09 05:44 PM
    You could opt for a 1 yr term, your choices for plans should increase... just go to any Rogers store they will help you... z
    11-09-09 06:23 PM
    You could opt for a 1 yr term, your choices for plans should increase... just go to any Rogers store they will help you... z
    One year is too long...if the feds play fair, WINDMobile will be out in just a couple months.
    11-14-09 06:03 PM
    If you already have a voice plan with them, then you can definitely add on a data plan for month - to - month. That's what I did, and then after a few months, I took it off with no problems. So, you want to setup a voice plan first, and then add data month - to - month.
    11-14-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD