Does Bell secretly offer MTM? Checking the website, you can't get a phone or a sim card without signing a 3yr.

Anyone manage to join Bell with no contract since the new HPSA network came out??

I'm pretty sure Rogers doesn't offer MTM anymore.
    11-07-09 11:54 PM
    Yes they do. I'm on MTM with Bell, albeit not on the new HSPA network. You just have to buy the phone outright. The Bold 9700 for example is $600 no contract price. I couldn't find the price for the iphone and Pre, but i'm sure it's just a case of they don't list the price on the internet as to not scare the crap out of you. However, i can also totally see them only wanting to sell iphones on contracts too.
    11-08-09 01:52 AM
    Heh... you had me scared in the Rogers thread, making me think I couldn't switch to a Bell M2M

Anyone know if the plans shown on Bell's website are available to M2M customers, or are they only available to those on contract? I learned the hard way that the plans on Rogers' site are only for contract customers
    11-08-09 11:20 AM
    Heh... you had me scared in the Rogers thread, making me think I couldn't switch to a Bell M2M

Anyone know if the plans shown on Bell's website are available to M2M customers, or are they only available to those on contract? I learned the hard way that the plans on Rogers' site are only for contract customers
    If you provide your own device or buy the phone outright at retail pricing, the option of going on month-to-month is possible although most of the Smart Combo price plans require a 36 month term.
    11-08-09 03:58 PM
    If you provide your own device or buy the phone outright at retail pricing, the option of going on month-to-month is possible although most of the Smart Combo price plans require a 36 month term.
    correct,

going month to month is only beneficial if you dont want a contract, if you want data and a plan its gonna cost you more then someone on a 3 yr as they get the good bb plans offered
    11-08-09 05:14 PM
    I already have the 9700, which is why I'm definitely NOT going to sign a contract -- want to wait for WIND.

I guess I'll need to speak directly to a Bell rep since they don't show the MTM price points on the website. Kind of annoyed that they'd charge more for MTM though...I mean, I'm giving them new business!

P.S. So for sure Rogers does NOT offer any MTM?
    11-08-09 07:52 PM
    P.S. So for sure Rogers does NOT offer any MTM?
    They do... check your thread in the Rogers forum
    11-08-09 09:26 PM
    Basically, to see what you can get, you choose a normal cell phone plan, for example, a Uber 25 -Fab 5. Then you add a blackberry option, such as 30$/month for unlimited email, bbm and text messaging, plus Caller ID and Message center. The only things that aren't available are the combo plans, they're strictly on a 3 yr. contract for the time being.
    11-14-09 09:12 AM
    Basically, to see what you can get, you choose a normal cell phone plan, for example, a Uber 25 -Fab 5. Then you add a blackberry option, such as 30$/month for unlimited email, bbm and text messaging, plus Caller ID and Message center. The only things that aren't available are the combo plans, they're strictly on a 3 yr. contract for the time being.
    That's what I hoped, and what I would have thought if it weren't for the Bait & Switch on Rogers' website. There, you go to the Voice Plans page and see plans starting at $30, nothing to do with combo plans; but when you call, you're told those plans are only for customers on contract, and the cheapest voice plan for M2M starts at $50
    Last edited by RealEstateJeff; 11-14-09 at 09:59 AM.
    11-14-09 09:55 AM
    Jeff, looks like you're losing out big time: sakks got everything for only $52!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/be...3/#post4070334
    11-14-09 06:01 PM
    Jeff, looks like you're losing out big time: sakks got everything for only $52!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/be...3/#post4070334
    Yeah... I'm planning on switching to Bell before month-end, assuming things there are running smoothly. I signed up with Rogers before Bell's new network.
    11-14-09 07:41 PM
    I'm probably signing with Bell or Telus next week, once I get the 9700 in my hands and my Rogers contract taken over. Hopefully I'll get lucky with a rep on the phone because I generally don't manage to get "amazing" deals like a lot of other people.
    11-14-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD