View Poll Results: Which Would You Get/Own/ or Thinking About Getting?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Moment

8 17.02%
  • Motorola Droid

11 23.40%
  • Blackberry Tour

25 53.19%
  • Neither!? Your Choice!

3 6.38%
    Seeing how 2 of these devices came out and reading the review on the upcoming Droid im wondering to the sprint users on here which would you choose to have/own/in the process of getting. Would you be willing to switch to verizon for the Droid? seeing reviews for all I like the moment even if the droid is faster to me it still looks bulky ugly and almost like the G1!!! and sorry but BB OS isnt cutting anymore for me
    Last edited by Jo_795; 11-04-09 at 01:36 PM.
    11-04-09 01:34 PM
    Why is the Tour on the list then o.O. VZ is at least an extra $30 a month, might as well just get the Moment or the Hero, although I would expect issues on both. Even though the devices aren't exactly 1st gen, they aren't exactly solid yet.

If I didn't have the Tour I would probably just get the TP2.
    11-04-09 01:42 PM
    The Tour is junk and is already being replaced by a better model with much better hardware.
    11-04-09 01:44 PM
    The Tour is junk and is already being replaced by a better model with much better hardware.
    You mean wifi + trackpad? I dunno if I'd call that "much better hardware"...
    11-04-09 01:46 PM
    You mean wifi + trackpad? I dunno if I'd call that "much better hardware"...
    Trackpad over a defective trackball? Uh, yeah. That qualifies as "much better hardware." Looks like you wasted money on the Tour. Bad luck.
    11-04-09 01:47 PM
    I'm in my 30 day window. I reckon if my trackball wasn't working, I would have returned it. So, it must be working properly...

Or... I could use the year long warranty.
    11-04-09 01:48 PM
    Why is the Tour on the list then o.O. VZ is at least an extra $30 a month, might as well just get the Moment or the Hero, although I would expect issues on both. Even though the devices aren't exactly 1st gen, they aren't exactly solid yet.

because this a BB forum and i dont want to get bashed on for that lol.. and im not comparing to the company brand just to see what people are willing to get or want
    11-04-09 01:50 PM
    I'm in my 30 day window. I reckon if my trackball wasn't working, I would have returned it. So, it must be working properly...

Or... I could use the year long warranty.
    I dare you to prove it. Post a video of you getting 5's in all four directions on the trackball test. You won't.
    11-04-09 01:53 PM
    I dare you to prove it. Post a video of you getting 5's in all four directions on the trackball test. You won't.
    Lol, you're a funny person. I'd rather waste my time doing something else. Why do you even care if my trackball works or not...
    11-04-09 01:54 PM
    Lol, you're a funny person. I'd rather waste my time doing something else. Why do you even care if my trackball works or not...
    beacuse he wants your "trackBALL"
    11-04-09 01:56 PM
    Yeah, I kind of got that impression...
    11-04-09 01:58 PM

and like the Tour didnt have issues? it isnt solid either...
    11-04-09 02:15 PM
    and like the Tour didnt have issues? it isnt solid either...
    Every phone has issues. The Tour is solid for me since I've owned it. The app memory and newer OSes handle the low memory problems.

I've seen the open issues list on the Hero, so I don't particularly think the Moment will be entirely different.

As for the droid, unless you are content with at least $30 more a month, that phone doesn't even really matter... Even then, it would be wise to be skeptical of Motorola, just because.
    11-04-09 02:17 PM
    well i dont wanna shell out $100-200 for a phone that resembles the same phone i already have.. i rather get something new... im broke and cheap and a college student!
    11-04-09 02:19 PM
    well i dont wanna sell out $100-200 for a phone that resembles the same phone i already have.. i rather get something new...
    Bingo, you're switching just to try something new.

The best way is to:
    1) buy the phone
    2) rave about how superior and awesome it is
    3) learn the hard way that eventually the newness wears off. Enter buyer's remorse.

Maybe #3 won't happen, but it sure as **** does for a lot of people on here...
    11-04-09 02:22 PM
    Bingo, you're switching just to try something new.

The best way is to:
    1) buy the phone
    2) rave about how superior and awesome it is
    3) learn the hard way that eventually the newness wears off. Enter buyer's remorse.

Maybe #3 won't happen, but it sure as **** does for a lot of people on here...
    Andriod Os isnt that new either.. and the newness wont wear off because each update it has will be something meaning full not minor changes.. I always liked samsung phones for their GUI but never found sometihng as awsome as a Andriod OS!!!!

pampers dont defend your BB till death plz!!?
    11-04-09 02:28 PM
    I've owned more phones of a different OS than I have BB's, so yeah...

WM is more change-able than Android is, thanks to the custom roms and the multiple UI's being developed. You ask for input, but you seem pretty set in your mind. So I don't particularly see the point.
    11-04-09 02:30 PM
    I've owned more phones of a different OS than I have BB's, so yeah...

WM is more change-able than Android is, thanks to the custom roms and the multiple UI's being developed. You ask for input, but you seem pretty set in your mind. So I don't particularly see the point.
    but doesnt WM act just like Win95 maybe next exactly the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH .. but its buggy and sloww ?
    11-04-09 02:34 PM
    but doesnt WM act just like Win95 maybe next exactly the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH .. but its buggy and sloww ?
    So you can assume that all WM phones are buggy and slow (false) and you can assume that EVERY android update will bring large, meaningful changes (to the point of it being "new")...

Are you seeing a bit of a trend in highly biased, sweeping assumptions in favor of a device you don't even own yet?
    11-04-09 02:35 PM
    thank god i never owned one.. i tried them in store and they would crash on me lmao... so thats enough proof for me.. and ill admit im biased becuz i hate companies trying to control what i can and cant have like apple and ms... i like open source and support !
    11-04-09 02:41 PM
    WM is controlled? Yeah, you definitely have never owned a single WM device...
    11-04-09 02:44 PM
    im talkin about the MS company.. i like ur Blockberry but how do the blocks explode? i stacked alot of the same color and nothing happend so i lost... ?
    11-04-09 02:55 PM
    Its Tetris...
    11-04-09 03:27 PM
    Its Tetris...
    i asked a co worker i found out how lol.. i dont play these games....
    11-04-09 03:32 PM
    I am sold on blackberry's devices. Motorolas batteries never stayed up for me years ago and it was costly to change to another device at the time. Blackberries rock
    11-04-09 03:44 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD