Now that calls to and from Mexico and Canada are included I have a question. What happens if someone tried to call Canada from the states while roaming on another carrier, like AT&T?

Is the call blocked?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 03:12 AM
    Good question lol. I'd look at the ToS fine print to see if they include a "while on our network" clause, a la Sprint and its unlimited data.
    07-24-15 09:24 AM
    Now that calls to and from Mexico and Canada are included I have a question. What happens if someone tried to call Canada from the states while roaming on another carrier, like AT&T?

Is the call blocked?
    I would ask my carrier. My guess: If roaming is enabled on your plan, I think you would be charged your carrier's roaming rate.
    07-24-15 09:52 AM
    I would know enough to not do it, but my parents are on my plan and these types of things escape them.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 10:06 AM
    I would ask my carrier. My guess: If roaming is enabled on your plan, I think you would be charged your carrier's roaming rate.
    The nearest T-Mobile store is 100 miles from me. I could call them I guess, but my experience with correct answers is somewhat dismal. I would have to call them 3 times and go for 2 out of 3. LOL

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 10:15 AM
    Alright, here are the terms for this program. Unsurprisingly, they don't address this specific issue, but I've added some emphasis to what I thought were key phrases:

General Terms: Credit approval, deposit, capable device, and $15 SIM starter kit may be required. If you switch plans you may be bound by existing term (including early termination provisions) and/or charged an up to $200 fee. Regulatory Programs Fee of $2.71 per line/month applies. Taxes approx. 6–28% of bill; add'l usage taxed in some countries. Voice and text features for direct communications between 2 people. Charges apply for calls to other countries. Call forwarding only to U.S. numbers. Partial minutes/megabytes rounded up. Full speeds available up to monthly allotment, including tethering (Unlimited on-smartphone 4G LTE data option includes 7GB of tethering); then, slowed to up to 2G speeds through bill cycle. Certain uses, e.g., some speed test apps, may not count against high-speed data allotment or have speeds reduced after allotment reached. U.S. roaming and on-network data allotments differ. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Communications with premium-rate numbers not included. Data Stash: On-network data from past 12 months carries over to next billing cycle for as long as you maintain qualifying service. Not available for use in Canada or Mexico. Unused data has no cash value. Music Streaming: Licensed music streaming from included services does not count towards 4G LTE data allotment on T-Mobile's network or in Canada/Mexico; music streamed using Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (tethering) service might. Song downloads, video content, and non-music audio content excluded. For included services, see Free Music Streaming & Downloads with Simple Choice Plans | T-Mobile. Simple Global: Additional charges apply in excluded destinations e.g. Canada & Mexico. Calls from Simple Global countries over Wi-Fi are $.20/min (no charge for Wi-Fi calls to U.S., Canada, and Mexico). We are not responsible for our partners' networks. Standard speeds approx. 128 Kbps. No tethering. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. Unlimited high-speed data customers who use an extremely high amount of data in a bill cycle will have their data usage de-prioritized compared to other customers for that bill cycle at locations and times when competing network demands occur, resulting in relatively slower speeds. See t-mobile.com/Openinternet for details.
    Instead of calling/visiting a store (where you'll get 10 different answers from 5 different people,) I would recommend you contact TMO via social media, or post on the official TMO support forums, at support.t-mobile.com. The reps who reply are supposed to be somewhat better.

In the meanwhile, a possible workaround would be to make calls to Canada/Mexico with WFC. Those calls are free, according to the terms above.
    07-24-15 12:29 PM
    According to T-Mobile calls to or from Canada while roaming are included. Hard to believe.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 04:10 PM
    According to T-Mobile calls to or from Canada while roaming are included. Hard to believe.
    From Canada, yes--if you're roaming on a partner carrier. But to Canada while roaming domestically is covered too? Who told you this, and is this in writing somewhere?
    07-24-15 05:10 PM
    Mobile without borders-img_20150724_173138.png

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    07-24-15 05:33 PM
    I still don't believe it though.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    07-24-15 05:34 PM
    Well, you couldn't have been any clearer...
    07-24-15 05:39 PM
    AT&T is my carrier. If I had a question such as yours, I would rely on their billing system to provide the correct answer. That is, I would actually make the call and then I would check how it is billed. AT&T has always reversed my charges for these one-time, experimental calls.
    07-24-15 09:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    At least you have it in writing Save tweet!!
    07-27-15 08:27 AM
    Got billed for calls to Canada. Apparently you need a New Simple Choice plan. Existing Simple Choice plans do not qualify. Minor detail.
    They probably shouldn't say anything that sounds like included with All Simple Choice plans. Kinda pisses me off.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:14 PM
    I contacted T-Mobile on social media and they took it off my bill. Online chat told me I'd have to pay up. Gotta love the consistency.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 01:03 PM
    In Mexico now. Love the coverage!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:36 PM
    If I have MWB plan, and use WFC to make calls to mexico, will I charged extra? I don't think I should be. I'm currently in mexico city and we don't get signal downstairs so my wife connects to wifi.

Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.680...posted via CB10 app
    05-20-16 07:11 AM
    If I have MWB plan, and use WFC to make calls to mexico, will I charged extra? I don't think I should be. I'm currently in mexico city and we don't get signal downstairs so my wife connects to wifi.

If you have Mobile without borders, you can use your voice and data at no additional cost as long as you are in Mexico,Canada and USA. WFC is free as long as you have access to WiFi

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 08:34 PM
    If you have Mobile without borders, you can use your voice and data at no additional cost as long as you are in Mexico,Canada and USA. WFC is free as long as you have access to WiFi

Posted via CB10
    How about our phones as a hotspot?

05-20-16 09:29 PM
    How about our phones as a hotspot?

Yes! You can use your phone like if you where in the USA. Voice, Data,mobile hot spot, tethering

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 07:05 PM
    Yes! You can use your phone like if you where in the USA. Voice, Data,mobile hot spot, tethering

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I'll try tomorrow.

05-22-16 01:32 AM
    No problem! Have fun in Mexico City.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 09:15 AM
    So far, steady LTE in various parts of Mexico City, Queretaro and also in Puebla. On the way to Veracruz now. Very impressed with the signal/data. Good job tmobile.

05-25-16 04:06 PM
    So far, steady LTE in various parts of Mexico City, Queretaro and also in Puebla. On the way to Veracruz now. Very impressed with the signal/data. Good job tmobile.

The whole time I was in Jalisco, I was on LTE. They have awesome coverage

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 11:52 PM
    The whole time I was in Jalisco, I was on LTE. They have awesome coverage

Posted via CB10
    Jalisco....meaning guadalajara?

Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 ...posted via CB10 app
    06-08-16 08:45 AM
33 12