The storms that came through here today not only turned my screened in porch into a regular porch, they also took out my cable, and as such my internet. Getting ready to reactivate tethering on my phone.
    I recently got a discount added to my line. 18 off voice and 20 off features. Is mobile broadband connect considered a feature? Not that it really matters as I would pay a lot more than 30 to get internet..... Just kind of sparked my curiosity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 10:07 PM
    i hope you dont take it offensively that i laughed due to the way you put that porch thing. anyway. yes the mobile broadband is an extra $30.00. i found this out myself about 3 weeks ago.
    12-09-09 10:09 PM
    No offense taken. I am aware of the charges as I have used it before I was just curious if this was a feature eligible to receive that discount.

12-09-09 10:16 PM
    Just an update. The storms also apparently cut power to my laptop while it was updating today (the battery is shot on this particular one) and now it is throwing up a registry error screen of death. FML.

12-09-09 10:27 PM
    Dude that really blows about the laptop. While you are fighting storms we are working in -19 to -5 degree weather over here in MT/ND area.
    12-09-09 10:44 PM
    It was thunder snowing while we were out cutting trees off the road today (I'm FD.)

Supposed to be 18 or so tomorrow.
    12-09-09 11:18 PM
    Yes I believe tethering is a feature for discount purposes.
    12-10-09 07:55 AM
    Good deal 10char
    12-10-09 11:58 AM
    Just an update. The storms also apparently cut power to my laptop while it was updating today (the battery is shot on this particular one) and now it is throwing up a registry error screen of death. FML.

Jeez, sorry to hear that. I hope you get it figured out.

We get storms here all winter long, 70mph winds off of the ocean are common. Whenever we hear about them we promptly disconnect our laptops and other expensive electronics.
    12-10-09 12:09 PM
    wish I would have been home to do so
    12-10-09 02:08 PM
    Whoa, this thread did a 360 llol

12-10-09 07:00 PM
    Yes I believe tethering is a feature for discount purposes.
    Nope, you dont get the "data discount" on the tethering feature.
    12-11-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD