Thanks. Makes sense now, since it's a Tmobile promo that authenticates eligibility by making sure you are using their service (ip address or whatever networks protocols are used).

Passport (red)/Z30-5/Z10-3/Nexus 5 (6.0)
    It wouldn't surprise me if prepaid and postpaid use different ranges on the same network. Maybe set with the simcard.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 09:41 PM
    Nobody mentioned you need an app. I used the googleplaydownloader to get it. The app claims to need Google Play services. I clicked on the button to get GPS, but it just returned me to the app. I was able to stream an archived game, so maybe you don't need services.

All I had to do was register for MLB from the Tmo page. I'm not sure why the Tmo page has two places to register.

Not that I need this, but hey, it is free, and I can make some baseball fan jelly (as the kids say).

Even to watch an archive, I had to turn on location services.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 10:17 PM
    They want your location so they know which teams to blackout. Sucks for the people who actually pay the full amount. Considering a lot of people are disconnecting from cable, this would be a great way to watch local teams, if not for the blackouts.

Passport (red)/Z30-5/Z10-3/Nexus 5 (6.0)
    04-10-16 10:31 PM
    Lol. When I try to visit this page on my Q10, my 4GLTE (preceded by the BB logo) turns to 4GLTE without the BB logo, then 4glte. TMO effectively kills my data plan for the brief second this page tries to load! How Uncarrier /s

I believe this is happening because I have a grandfathered plan...and they don't want this offer to extend to grandfathered customers. Not surprising, given how "carrier" TMO has been when it comes to dealing with their grandfathered customers. In my experience, even AT&T has been better in this regard.
    What grandfathered plan do you have? What is your monthly bill?

Poetry in Motion
    04-11-16 11:47 AM
    What grandfathered plan do you have? What is your monthly bill?
    700 minutes, 3 lines all with 5GB or unlimited data, no text for $70 before taxes.
    04-11-16 03:01 PM
    700 minutes, 3 lines all with 5GB or unlimited data, no text for $70 before taxes.
    Pretty good deal, but isn't Tmo going to eventually unceremoniously swap your plan. That is what they did to me.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 09:26 PM
    Baseball is only good to watch April-May and Aug-Sep. Other than that it's boring as watching paint dry. Sucks even more if u know your team after the first month of the season has no hope for the playoffs.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 09:48 PM
    Pretty good deal, but isn't Tmo going to eventually unceremoniously swap your plan. That is what they did to me.
    Someday they probably will. I'll just port out then.
    04-11-16 09:53 PM
33 12