So our family plan was out of contract and my father was ready to jump ship and go to Cricket for an unlimited plan at a cheaper or same price we were paying at T-Mo. I wanted to stay with T-Mo, so I tried my best with the retentions department.

We were offered 400 minutes and myFaves for 49.99. We previously had 1000 minutes (free N&W, M2M) for 69.99, so it was a big jump. I did some Excel work for a few hours one day to see if myFaves could cut our minutes down, and it did get us under 400.

I called back and voiced my concern that although we were under 400 after myFaves, we had a family emergency in the summer and were using 1000+ minutes for a few months. The rep offered 1200 bonus minutes for each line that would expire after 2 years. I also negotiated a one year contract. I asked her if we would keep all our current perks and services, and she said yes the only change is the rate plan, myFaves, and additional minutes.

Tonight I went on to my.tmobile to add visual voicemail for my new 9700. I saw that weekend minutes were unlimited, but weeknights now showed 0. We previously had these unlimited and no one on the phone anytime I had called said that this plan did not include weeknights.

Got back to retentions and the woman was very short with me. She seemed a bit bent-up that the plan we were getting was such a good deal. I told her my concerns and how I was assured that we would not lose our options, and she said "I'm sorry there is nothing in the notes about that. This plan only has two options that can be added and one of those you have is myFaves, and the other is the bonus minutes. It includes weekends, so there is no way I can add nights unless you want to pay a fee each month. Your only option is to keep what you've been offered, or I'll let you switch back to your old plan without any fees."

She would not budge and I told her that maybe the weeknights wouldnt be a problem now with myFaves, but the fact is the plan was falsely advertised. Had I been told this from the beginning I still might've taken the plan, but no one had mentioned it and when I asked I was told it would stay. Nights and weekends were both factored into my checks in Excel.

What do I do now? Is that stuff about "2 features" per plan complete BS? I think she's just trying to get more money out of me now. This whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh and on a side note, I was using UMA and the damn thing dropped the call after I had made another argument. She probably thought I got angry and hung up.
    Last edited by sifka4; 12-02-09 at 11:47 PM.
    12-02-09 11:45 PM
    Go back to what you had, and decide later what you want to do. Makes sense to me. Then when you retry the plan switch, factor everything that you know now, into mapping out a plan that works best for you.

If what you are paying now, with free nights and weekends is important to you, make sure you keep repeating that over and over on your next try that the free N&W can't be touched or the deal is off as far as you are concerned.
    12-03-09 12:07 AM
    I could do that, but the fact is I shouldn't have to. They should live up to their claims and I should not be the one at fault if they made a mistake. What happened to the customer being right?

Sorry, not directing the anger at you, and I appreciate your input. For anyone thinking I'm crazy, yes, I realize this is a great deal, but I was offered a better one.
    12-03-09 12:10 AM
    working in the tech support industry has taught me one thing. not all agents document properly like they should. some may tell you every letter in the alphebet, but may only remark that they told you about a f j and z. get back on the horn if its important and try again.

and not, i don't work for cricket or tmo.
    12-03-09 12:24 AM
    I could do that, but the fact is I shouldn't have to. They should live up to their claims and I should not be the one at fault if they made a mistake. What happened to the customer being right?

Sorry, not directing the anger at you, and I appreciate your input. For anyone thinking I'm crazy, yes, I realize this is a great deal, but I was offered a better one.
    And I don't feel you are directing any anger at me, you're just venting, I understand that. I also understand that it's easy for people to hear one thing and understand something else. Especially when their understanding is mostly based on what is on a screen in front of them (as is the case for CSR), than what is being said to them. A flaw, sure, but it happens.

And sorry in the real world, a customer is just that A customer. Customers are not always right, in fact no one is always right. Well I am, but we're not talking about me... (just kidding). In fact that phrase "The customer is always right.", was just a marketing saying, nothing more.

But now that you know that Retentions or CRS may hear you wrong or not fully understand what you expect based on what you are telling them, is why the suggestion to try it again later and keep the main points you want to keep, in the forefront of the discussion, even if you have to treat the Rep like a child and have them repeat back to you what you wanted, and asking them to make a note of what you are asking for, may help as well, if you need to make something clear later. It's a bit a bit of a hassle to cross t's and dot i's, but the added attention, will help in the long run, especially if you are trying to keep things with a grandfathered plan straight.

Now go get 'em TIGER! And if you are Tiger... DUCK!!!!
    12-03-09 12:52 AM
    That should fall on the retentions rep that offered everything to you. I've NEVER seen a MyFaves plan without free nights, retentions or otherwise. We haven't regularly offered plans without free nights for years. Call back.

If you don't wish to call, send me an email with your info and I will call for you tomorrow.
    12-03-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks Norris. I'm on the phone with them right now, I'll let you know what happens.

Edit: Wow, that was quick! The woman I got tonight had no problem adding it back on, I didn't even have to go through my line of defenses. This is the service I expected from T-Mo; it's a shame this wasn't taken care of last night.

Done and done
    Last edited by sifka4; 12-03-09 at 10:28 PM.
    12-03-09 10:21 PM
    Thanks Norris. I'm on the phone with them right now, I'll let you know what happens.

Edit: Wow, that was quick! The woman I got tonight had no problem adding it back on, I didn't even have to go through my line of defenses. This is the service I expected from T-Mo; it's a shame this wasn't taken care of last night.

Done and done
    Good, glad to hear it. I thought no free nights sounded weird. I'm happy you got it resolved.
    12-04-09 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD