New here, sorry if posted in the wrong forum..

T-Mobile customer 12+ years. Recently upgraded from a bold to q10. Love the new BB.

Apparently, T-Mobile, as per my discussion with sale's rep today, is no longer going to support or sell BB's. Yet, I was led into the $500+ purchase and JUMP plan, told if BB releases a new phone, I can upgrade within 6 months no problem, no extra fees and no balance on my current q10 purchase. Sounded very attractive! But it's far from reality.

Even more of a worry, why sell me the phone if they aren't releasing the new 10 OS or will they? Who knows...

I have little recourse, since I purchased my q10 more than 2 weeks ago. Had I known the truth at the time, I'd not have made the purchase with T-Mobile.

Is anyone else similarly situated in this recent deceptive sales pitch of T-Mobile's?

Thanks! And great site and forum.... enjoy it immensely.
    02-16-14 11:33 AM
    New here, sorry if posted in the wrong forum..

T-Mobile customer 12+ years. Recently upgraded from a bold to q10. Love the new BB.

Apparently, T-Mobile, as per my discussion with sale's rep today, is no longer going to support or sell BB's. Yet, I was led into the $500+ purchase and JUMP plan, told if BB releases a new phone, I can upgrade within 6 months no problem, no extra fees and no balance on my current q10 purchase. Sounded very attractive! But it's far from reality.

Even more of a worry, why sell me the phone if they aren't releasing the new 10 OS or will they? Who knows...

I have little recourse, since I purchased my q10 more than 2 weeks ago. Had I known the truth at the time, I'd not have made the purchase with T-Mobile.

Is anyone else similarly situated in this recent deceptive sales pitch of T-Mobile's?

Thanks! And great site and forum.... enjoy it immensely.
    Unfortunately, that's the reality of dealing with sales reps now. Not only are the majority clueless, they also don't care.
    02-16-14 11:38 AM
    If memory serves me, T-Mobile is no longer carrying BB phones in their retail stores but will have them available for order. Of course, that being said they may or may not choose to carry specific models, like many did when the Z30 was released.
    02-16-14 11:42 AM
    But the company is responsible/should be held so.
    02-16-14 11:44 AM
    If memory serves me, T-Mobile is no longer carrying BB phones in their retail stores but will have them available for order. Of course, that being said they may or may not choose to carry specific models, like many did when the Z30 was released.
    They are also phasing them out on their website.... and US supply.
    02-16-14 11:45 AM
    Can you return it? With that $500+ you could have just bought it directly from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:37 PM
    If it's only two weeks new, you can return. Most BlackBerry policy is 30 days but unsure of U.S

Q10 with Telus
    02-16-14 12:40 PM
    T-Mobile should have a 30-day return policy if they're at all competitive with other carriers like AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:53 PM
    With TMO, return policy is 14 days.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:55 PM
    Except in, but perhaps not limited to California. 30 days here.

A restocking fee may apply though, but that could possibly be leveraged against staying on as a customer.
    02-16-14 01:04 PM
    Thanks everyone..

Unfortunately.. return policy in NY is 14 days, and I'm over approx 2 weeks. Calling on the weekend is useless - tomorrow I'm going to attempt to get through to corporate, if nobody else (customer service/sales/etc.) will fix the misleading they did.

I'm wondering how many other T-Mobile customers were misled to upgrade hardware and plan and hence.. be falsely misled to believe they'd have a new BB every 6 months if they desired and one was released by BB, when T-Mobile knew they'd end support and sales for the device.
    02-16-14 02:52 PM
    Some salespeople will say anything to make a sale. If/when you call corporate, tell them which store it was, and if possible, who the rep handling this transaction was.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-16-14 04:46 PM
    How did they mislead you? The JUMP program allows you to upgrade to any new phone after 6 months... It's not just a new phone by the same manufacturer of your current device (right?) Whether BlackBerry makes more devices worth carrying by TMo is really up to BlackBerry, and how can a sales rep know what will happen in 6 months with one of its suppliers? They may actually be something new that they carry or three may not be... but that doesn't affect your ability to get "a new device" from what they offer at that point in time.

That's the play with these frequent upgrader "plans"... you hope that there is something new in 6 months that you want.

As a long-time BlackBerry buyer/user, and seeing their current pace... I wouldn't hold my breath for too long.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 05:45 PM
    You've pretty much screwed yourself into a very expensive plan - you'll be paying through the nose for this and future phones. Just do the math.
    modifier likes this.
    02-16-14 05:49 PM
    Excerpt from TMO webpage:

On February 23, Jump will, instead of offering an upgrade at the six month mark, let you upgrade anytime you want, as long as you pay off 50 percent of the balance of your phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    No it isn't it's 30 buyers remorse. You can take it back with the receipt and they have to give you your money back or offer a trade. I had some issues with my q10 when it first came out and every time I went in or called I was told how many days left of my 30days I had to change my mind

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:27 PM
    I have avoided their JUMP plan, because I was concerned about some issues like this. Not knowing when a new BlackBerry phone will be available makes me stay on the regular Simple Choice.
    02-16-14 07:09 PM
    You've pretty much screwed yourself into a very expensive plan - you'll be paying through the nose for this and future phones. Just do the math.
    Exactly. It's cheaper to buy an unlocked/unbranded phone outright and sell it later if an upgrade is needed.

JUMP = Just an Unwise Monthly Payment

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    02-16-14 09:56 PM
    Exactly. It's cheaper to buy an unlocked/unbranded phone outright and sell it later if an upgrade is needed.

JUMP = Just an Unwise Monthly Payment

Posted via CB10
    Maybe but it's irrelevant and regardless I rely on wifi calling on occasion and assume it won't work on an unlocked unbranded. Correct?
    02-16-14 10:54 PM
    Maybe but it's irrelevant and regardless I rely on wifi calling on occasion and assume it won't work on an unlocked unbranded. Correct?
    Incorrect for the Q10 and Z10, correct for the Z30 (only because there's no TMO WiFi calling/OS for it.)
    02-16-14 10:57 PM
    How did they mislead you? The JUMP program allows you to upgrade to any new phone after 6 months... It's not just a new phone by the same manufacturer of your current device (right?) Whether BlackBerry makes more devices worth carrying by TMo is really up to BlackBerry, and how can a sales rep know what will happen in 6 months with one of its suppliers? They may actually be something new that they carry or three may not be... but that doesn't affect your ability to get "a new device" from what they offer at that point in time.

That's the play with these frequent upgrader "plans"... you hope that there is something new in 6 months that you want.

As a long-time BlackBerry buyer/user, and seeing their current pace... I wouldn't hold my breath for too long.

Posted via CB10
    Understood that's how it 'can' work for some, however, my sales rep and I discussed my BlackBerry loyalty, and I was assured even though tmo was no longer carrying the device in my local stores, I would still have an ability to purchase a new BlackBerry on tmo's website in the future. So I was indeed misled.
    02-16-14 11:00 PM
    Incorrect for the Q10 and Z10, correct for the Z30 (only because there's no TMO WiFi calling/OS for it.)
    Thanks! Very helpful and an option if they let me out of the contract. Frankly I'm disgusted with tmo, after all these years, it's a shame. About to join the rest of my family on verizon, but there too I suppose an unlocked would be better?
    02-16-14 11:04 PM
    No it isn't it's 30 buyers remorse. You can take it back with the receipt and they have to give you your money back or offer a trade. I had some issues with my q10 when it first came out and every time I went in or called I was told how many days left of my 30days I had to change my mind

Posted via CB10
    Maybe 30 days for new.. 14 days for upgrade. I upgraded.
    02-16-14 11:07 PM
    Thanks! Very helpful and an option if they let me out of the contract. Frankly I'm disgusted with tmo, after all these years, it's a shame. About to join the rest of my family on verizon, but there too I suppose an unlocked would be better?
    You wouldn't be able to use a TMO phone on Verizon (they will not activate it.) Verizon BB10 phones are sold unlocked.
    02-16-14 11:10 PM
    Some salespeople will say anything to make a sale. If/when you call corporate, tell them which store it was, and if possible, who the rep handling this transaction was.
    I upgraded over the phone. FYI BlackBerry's can't be found in stores round here. They'll have the sale's call logged.
    02-16-14 11:11 PM
31 12