So, if the Pink Curve comes out before the 22nd of this month, I'll still be within my 30 days, and able to do an exchange.

I have added some ringtones and themes and stuff, and deleted an application or two. Can anyone tell me what I'll need to do to my Curve (if anything) before I bring it in for exchange?

Update:
    I have new questions at the end of this thread.
    Last edited by mistyinca; 08-12-08 at 11:43 AM. Reason: updated
    08-06-08 09:30 PM
    just bring in everything that came in the box with the phone and your receipt
    08-06-08 09:31 PM
    and the phone itself
    08-06-08 09:32 PM
    Make sure you also do a master memory reset to bring it back to factory standard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 09:36 PM
    Make sure you also do a master memory reset to bring it back to factory standard

Thanks. Are there directions for this in the FAQ?
    08-06-08 09:43 PM
    Most of all do a sync and a back up first. Then you can do a security wipe to take all your data off the device.

Options>security options>general settings>menu>wipe handheld
    08-06-08 09:45 PM

this is unnecessary as it gets done at the warehouse anyway when the phones are recycled.
    08-07-08 12:30 AM
    I wouldn't trust anyone with my personal info - I would wipe it before you turn it in. I've heard of people getting refurbs with stuff on them. Better safe than left wondering....

08-07-08 12:44 AM
    Most of all do a sync and a back up first. Then you can do a security wipe to take all your data off the device.
    Is this how I can backup my address book? That took me a long time to put together, I'd like to transfer it to my puter, so I can put it on the new phone.

Thanks!
    08-07-08 04:30 AM
    Wipe Device: Options>Security Options> General Settings- Menu>Wipe Device.
    08-07-08 05:39 AM
    OK, today is the day. My Pink is on the fedex truck for delivery today, and I'll be returning this one via Fedex.

So let me make sure I understand how I do this:

1. I'll back up everything using "Backup and Restore" in the Desktop manager. I assume this will have my address book and calendar in it, yes?

2. If I do the wipe, will that restore all the deleted applications too, or will that just remove my personal info? If not, how do I restore the deleted apps, or do I even need to do that?

3. When I'm ready to "move in" to the new phone, do I just use the same "backup and restore" feature?

4. Another question. I signed up to Verizon's email account thing using the pin from this phone. Will I be able to change that over, or do I have to create a new sign on name and everything?

Thanks
    08-12-08 11:42 AM
    So, if the Pink Curve comes out before the 22nd of this month, I'll still be within my 30 days, and able to do an exchange.

I have added some ringtones and themes and stuff, and deleted an application or two. Can anyone tell me what I'll need to do to my Curve (if anything) before I bring it in for exchange?

Update:
    I have new questions at the end of this thread.
    I would sync the phone and save everything on the phone and then do a master rest and whipe the phone clean so that way there is no info of yours on the phone and also you dont loose anything
    08-12-08 12:18 PM
    OK, today is the day. My Pink is on the fedex truck for delivery today, and I'll be returning this one via Fedex.

So let me make sure I understand how I do this:

1. I'll back up everything using "Backup and Restore" in the Desktop manager. I assume this will have my address book and calendar in it, yes?

2. If I do the wipe, will that restore all the deleted applications too, or will that just remove my personal info? If not, how do I restore the deleted apps, or do I even need to do that?

3. When I'm ready to "move in" to the new phone, do I just use the same "backup and restore" feature?

4. Another question. I signed up to Verizon's email account thing using the pin from this phone. Will I be able to change that over, or do I have to create a new sign on name and everything?

Thanks
    for number 4. i do believe you can go into it and edit your pin and/or phone
    08-12-08 12:20 PM
    I would sync the phone and save everything on the phone and then do a master rest and whipe the phone clean so that way there is no info of yours on the phone and also you dont loose anything
    OK, the directions for the wipe are posted, but how do I do the master reset?

Thanks!
    08-12-08 12:27 PM
    OK, the directions for the wipe are posted, but how do I do the master reset?

Thanks!
    im sorry i call it a master reset ...but you wipe the handheld clean of everything on it
    08-12-08 12:37 PM
    im sorry i call it a master reset ...but you wipe the handheld clean of everything on it
    Thanks, but does that restore any applications that I deleted? I don't know if I need to do that anyway...

thanks!
    08-12-08 12:38 PM
    Thanks, but does that restore any applications that I deleted? I don't know if I need to do that anyway...

thanks!
    im very certian that it restores it to factory settings
    and the main purpose is just to erease your info and any info you may have stored on the phone if you ereased something its ok just aslong as no personal info of any sort is on the phone
    08-12-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD