So do you think it will come to Verizon? If its not then I might as well get the Priv now.
    01-06-17 11:47 AM
    I believe no one knows that yet but since version offered Priv, there's a good chance they will offer "mercury" as well.
    01-06-17 11:53 AM
    I think there is a very good chance it will come.

But will that be in March or months later.... if a PKB device is what you want, I'd probably wait.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-06-17 11:55 AM
    There was an article posted on CB claiming it was possible.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 01-06-17 at 01:06 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-06-17 12:45 PM
    No chance this makes it on Verizon. They have given up on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 11:57 PM
    Yes, I think so, being that Big Red got the Classic but skipped on the Passport. I think government and enterprise customers would love a mid-range PKB device as an option for their employees. Verizon is out of the northeast, and its coverage is great, particularly in urban areas. It makes sense for TCL/BlackBerry and Verizon to make a deal for Mercury to be offered by Big Red.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 04:24 PM
    I think we'll see the Mercury on Big Red. But Priv is a great device, so why wait?
    01-31-17 08:17 PM
    No chance this makes it on Verizon. They have given up on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    TCL has been courting all the carriers for a long while now.

TCL is a HUGE brand in Asia, and has made a very quick and strong move on the US Television business with their RCA, Tompson and even TCL branded TVs.

TCL is not Apple and they aren't Samsung - Carrier's would love for their to be some "competition" to keep these two in "check".

TCL is not BlackBerry. They have financial resources to back up their promises and to offer carrier's incentives

So yes, there is a chance it will make it to Verizon.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 02-03-17 at 09:04 AM. Reason: spell/gram
    FF22 likes this.
    02-03-17 07:36 AM
    Hopefully they'll confirm this rumor during MWC. I'm still pissed we didn't get the Leap or Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 06:23 PM
    Yeah I would have liked to try the passport for sure. I think the Mercury or whatever it was called will make it to Verizon.
    02-12-17 04:45 AM
    There's a chance. That's all we know at this point, the rest is speculation.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-12-17 06:58 AM
    If they have the priv they will get the mercury I just didn't like that they didn't get the passport currently verizon customer replying from a passport wifi of course

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 12:53 PM
    If they have the priv they will get the mercury I just didn't like that they didn't get the passport currently verizon customer replying from a passport wifi of course

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't count on them getting the mercury. It floors me how little attention the Verizon reps paid to the priv. It says BlackBerry on it so it's like they just don't want to look at it. Seems like anytime I've called Verizon about a BlackBerry phone android or otherwise I end up schooling them and they don't help me much if at all
    MooseNYC and jeanholton1 like this.
    02-23-17 03:39 PM
    I wouldn't count on them getting the mercury. It floors me how little attention the Verizon reps paid to the priv. It says BlackBerry on it so it's like they just don't want to look at it. Seems like anytime I've called Verizon about a BlackBerry phone android or otherwise I end up schooling them and they don't help me much if at all
    The comment about support is so true. Reps nowadays are almost intimidated by Blackberrys and always make a point to comment on how they haven't seen one in a long time and how they don't know much about how to use them.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 08:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    So why will they get the KEYone?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 01:54 PM
    So why will they get the KEYone?

Posted via CB10
    I think so. The latest spec sheet posted by Bla1ze shows "(NA CDMA"), and Verizon's LTE bands are included. Rejoice!

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205 on T-Mobile
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-17 02:04 PM
    I think so. The latest spec sheet posted by Bla1ze shows "(NA CDMA"), and Verizon's LTE bands are included. Rejoice!

Can you link to that post?
    02-25-17 04:46 PM
    This is the link Avenzuno was referencing: http://m.crackberry.com/official-bla...s-and-features.

Also, according to an interview on PCMag, Steve Cistulli said that the unlocked version will support all four major US carriers: https://www.google.com/amp/www.pcmag...yone%3Famp%3D1

Here's hoping that's all true!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-26-17 10:28 AM

CDMA is listed but Verizon channels are left off the spec sheet. NO BlackBerry KeyOne on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 04:29 AM
    Would you mind citing where you're getting your info on Verizon's channels? Every site I've seen that speaks on this lists Verizon has having channels 0/1/2/4/13. And according to the KEYone's specs, it only lacks the 0 channel (which was for the older 2G/3G).
    02-27-17 06:06 PM
    Would you mind citing where you're getting your info on Verizon's channels? Every site I've seen that speaks on this lists Verizon has having channels 0/1/2/4/13. And according to the KEYone's specs, it only lacks the 0 channel (which was for the older 2G/3G).
    http://blackberrymobile.com/specifications.html

Check again the V2 has channel 0
    02-27-17 06:49 PM
    http://blackberrymobile.com/specifications.html

Check again the V2 has channel 0
    Oh, I wasn't even looking at the CDMA bands. Most of Verizon's network has been upgraded to LTE (in fact, I think I read somewhere where they're already testing out "5G" in a few markets). I would dare to say that the average customer probably isn't venturing outside of LTE range for very long if ever.

But either way, from everything I've seen so far, I don't see why the KEYone wouldn't work on Verizon, as that other person is so sure it won't. I am genuinely excited for this phone and would love to get it as soon as possible, and I would prefer not move to another carrier if I can help it. If someone's going to say that it 100% won't work on Verizon, I just want to see proof. Everything I've read says that it will.
    02-27-17 07:22 PM
    Oh, I wasn't even looking at the CDMA bands. Most of Verizon's network has been upgraded to LTE (in fact, I think I read somewhere where they're already testing out "5G" in a few markets). I would dare to say that the average customer probably isn't venturing outside of LTE range for very long if ever.

But either way, from everything I've seen so far, I don't see why the KEYone wouldn't work on Verizon, as that other person is so sure it won't. I am genuinely excited for this phone and would love to get it as soon as possible, and I would prefer not move to another carrier if I can help it. If someone's going to say that it 100% won't work on Verizon, I just want to see proof. Everything I've read says that it will.
    It may work, but they don't allow unlocked phones on their network. So, let's hope they officially release it.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 02:12 AM
    It may work, but they don't allow unlocked phones on their network. So, let's hope they officially release it.

Posted via CB10
    It will work, and will be allowed unbranded.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=NkZP1v5h
    02-28-17 11:02 PM
    It will work, and will be allowed unbranded.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Y0XIJ6qO
    Cool, I didn't realize they had this policy now.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 06:00 AM
28 12