Hi there.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what an mep code is and how do I get it. I had the phone through vodafone for a couple of years but have now bought a new blackberry. I want to give the 9360 to my daughter and bought her a sim from the supplier of my new phone. When we put the sim in it asked for a mep code so I'm guessing the phone's locked. How'd I go about getting it? I suspect it'll cost me but I'm not paying silly money.

Thanks.
    08-06-13 12:41 PM
    Moved your thread to the correct forum.
    08-06-13 12:48 PM
    Basically the device is locked to the original carrier of the device. It would only accept the sim card to that provider you were with...i.e the device is indeed locked. To unlock it, you require the unlock code (MEP code) which there are alot of third party sellers that provide them for a fee (~$10 or less) some websites you can get it for free (i've never tried it though).

Seeing that you have been with your carrier for a while, you can try calling them and asking for the unlock code (saying you have to travel and wish to get it unlocked. Each carrier has their rule of when and if they give the codes out. Give them a call first)
    08-06-13 12:52 PM
    Basically the device is locked to the original carrier of the device. It would only accept the sim card to that provider you were with...i.e the device is indeed locked. To unlock it, you require the unlock code (MEP code) which there are alot of third party sellers that provide them for a fee (~$10 or less) some websites you can get it for free (i've never tried it though).

Seeing that you have been with your carrier for a while, you can try calling them and asking for the unlock code (saying you have to travel and wish to get it unlocked. Each carrier has their rule of when and if they give the codes out. Give them a call first)
    Like I said, I don't mind paying say, $10 or so but had a look about and apparently there's a lot of dodgy sites. Does this site do it or recommend somewhere that does? One I get the code is it just a case of typing it in or is there more to do?
    08-06-13 02:10 PM
    Like I said, I don't mind paying say, $10 or so but had a look about and apparently there's a lot of dodgy sites. Does this site do it or recommend somewhere that does? One I get the code is it just a case of typing it in or is there more to do?
    Check your PM
    08-06-13 03:19 PM
    Hi there.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what an mep code is and how do I get it. I had the phone through vodafone for a couple of years but have now bought a new blackberry. I want to give the 9360 to my daughter and bought her a sim from the supplier of my new phone. When we put the sim in it asked for a mep code so I'm guessing the phone's locked. How'd I go about getting it? I suspect it'll cost me but I'm not paying silly money.

Thanks.
    There's a few review sites that we're on and I know CrackBerry use to have a list of recommended sites before they started to focus on their own service. ReviewCentre is probably the most used. Here's a list you can check out: Mobile Phone Unlocking Services - Best Reviews of 2012 & 2013 at Review Centre

However, the good news is that BlackBerry unlock codes don't cost much at all - they're actually the cheapest of all phones to unlock.

To get the unlock code you'll need to use one of the services. We would all need the IMEI of your phone and likely the PRD or MEP (internal information not the request you've seen) to find the unlock code. You then receive an email with the code, usually within 25 minutes at most (different services have different times).

I hope that helps but if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help.
    08-07-13 05:10 AM