I haven't been able to access my bb's media SD card via the usb mass storage. I have an unlocked 8320 OS4.5.x.
    I've used the following settings:
    Code:
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt
    I've also tried with

Code:
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes
    I know it's not the SD card because I can transfer files over using Roxio.
    It seems that it's a common problem, but I haven't found an answer on the forums. I've tested it on Vista Business and XPpro.
    Any suggestions?
    09-04-08 08:57 AM
    does windows see the device? as in see it as a thumb drive of some sort?
    09-04-08 09:24 AM
    does windows see the device? as in see it as a thumb drive of some sort?
    It doesn't see the device at all.
    09-04-08 09:27 AM
    I have the same problem with my unlocked 8320... And also haven't found the solution for it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 10:19 AM
    Have you checked to see if it is recognized in Windows Device Manager? If there is a yellow icon by it or something?
    09-04-08 11:08 AM
    Im having the same problem with my wifes new 8320. i can do stuff with roxio but windows wont show it as an external drive.
    09-04-08 11:12 AM
    Have you checked to see if it is recognized in Windows Device Manager? If there is a yellow icon by it or something?
    It lists "BlackBerry Smartphone" under Universal Serial Bus controllers, but that's about it.... nothing in Windows Explorer
    09-04-08 11:15 AM
    Remove it from Windows Device Manager, unplug from the USB port and replug in so it can reinstall it. If I can think of anything else I'll post it. Does "Desktop Manager" recognize the berry?

Also, change:

"Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt" to "YES"
    09-04-08 11:43 AM
    Remove it from Windows Device Manager, unplug from the USB port and replug in so it can reinstall it. If I can think of anything else I'll post it. Does "Desktop Manager" recognize the berry?

Also, change:

"Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt" to "YES"
    I removed it from the WDM. When I connected it again the pc knew that something new was connected, but nothing happened.
    The DM as well as the Roxio Media Manager recognize the bb

Any ideas?
    09-04-08 11:53 AM
    Reboot the PC. Open DMananger, then reconnect Berry.
    09-04-08 11:55 AM
    Reboot the PC. Open DMananger, then reconnect Berry.
    Just wondering: why do I want to open the DM and then connect my bb?
    09-04-08 12:02 PM
    Want to make sure that DM is also reading your Berry. Dude, I'm stumped. Did it work before?
    09-04-08 12:05 PM
    Try this:

There is a conflicting drive mapping in Microsoft Windows between the media card and another resource.

Resolution

Note: To complete this resolution, the BlackBerry smartphone user must have administrator rights on the computer.

1. Open the Computer Management console on the computer by navigating to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
    2. If another resource is mapped to the same drive letter as the media card (such as a network drive), change the drive mapping for the removable media. To perform this, complete the following steps:
    1. Right-click on the removable media item and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    2. Select the current drive letter, and change it to an unused letter.

Found it here: Unable to view the media card using Windows Explorer - BlackBerry Forums
    09-04-08 12:07 PM
    The media card doesn't show up on the Computer Management window.
    I'm going to try on my laptop and I'll let you know the results... thanks for your help so far
    09-04-08 12:24 PM
    Want to make sure that DM is also reading your Berry. Dude, I'm stumped. Did it work before?
    The USB mass storage feature has never worked before for me before, I just got my BB a week ago, though.
    09-04-08 12:25 PM
    Try this:

There is a conflicting drive mapping in Microsoft Windows between the media card and another resource.

Resolution

Note: To complete this resolution, the BlackBerry smartphone user must have administrator rights on the computer.

1. Open the Computer Management console on the computer by navigating to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
    2. If another resource is mapped to the same drive letter as the media card (such as a network drive), change the drive mapping for the removable media. To perform this, complete the following steps:
    1. Right-click on the removable media item and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    2. Select the current drive letter, and change it to an unused letter.

Found it here: Unable to view the media card using Windows Explorer - BlackBerry Forums
    Not working on my laptop either... on Vista's Device Manager it lists the phone under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" with the name of "Blackberry Smartphone", but that's just the phone, no SD card
    09-04-08 03:21 PM
    "Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt"

Under all this information. How much Total Space and Free Space do you have?
    09-04-08 03:24 PM
    At least 1.6GB out of 2GB
    09-04-08 03:32 PM
    At least 1.6GB out of 2GB
    Last shot. Take the card out, pop it in.

I'm out of ideas. Sorry.
    09-04-08 03:35 PM
    if you have a USB thumb drive plug that in and tell me what it does.
    09-04-08 10:30 PM
    It does what it's supposed to do. I don't know what you spec as answer.
    I formatted the SD card and still the computer didn't show it up.
    I took the SD card out, copied a bunch of mp3 into it... I'm listening to them on my bb, but still the computer won't see it.
    The device media manager shows the phone, but not the card.
    I deleted the password from the security options and nothing...

Is it a common problem with unlocked phones?
    09-04-08 10:38 PM
    its got something to do with security and your blackberry doesn't want to give access to your sd card through a PC. i know you said you turned off all passwords but i had the same prob. i reloaded the os and it was able to connect like a thumb drive. try re-installing the os and connect before you set any passwords. i doubt that works but its worth a try. im runnin in circles.
    09-05-08 09:03 AM
    its got something to do with security and your blackberry doesn't want to give access to your sd card through a PC. i know you said you turned off all passwords but i had the same prob. i reloaded the os and it was able to connect like a thumb drive. try re-installing the os and connect before you set any passwords. i doubt that works but its worth a try. im runnin in circles.
    Do you want me to reinstall the OS on the PC or on the bb?
    09-05-08 09:18 AM
    Should I upgrade/downgrade my OS?
    09-05-08 05:48 PM
    same problem here
    cant find an answerr
    =/
    06-06-09 04:05 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD